Justin Bieber Reveals: I've Had A Beer

Wed, May 16, 2012 2:04pm EDT by 41 Comments
Justin Bieber GQ Magazine 2012

Are YOU shocked Justin Bieber drinks alcohol, despite being only 18?

Justin Bieber is not a little kid anymore — and he’s not trying to hide the fact that he’s becoming a man. In a new tell-all interview, the 18-year-old pop star admitted he’s not as squeaky clean as you might think. In fact, he’s even had a frosty brew or two!

“For me, it’s just like, I like to be in control of myself,” Justin told GQ. “I mean, I’ve had a beer, like, before…But I never get out of control.”

It’s hard to believe the little “Baby” singer we’ve watched grow up in front of our very eyes is old enough to throw one back after a long day, but we have to remember he IS legally allowed to drink in his home country of Canada. Plus, he promises he’s not going to join the ranks of wild, partying young stars.

“I mean, I keep my guard up a lot, because you know, you can’t trust anyone in this business,” he explained. “That’s what’s sad. You can’t trust anybody. I learned the hard way.”

What do you think of Justin’s alcohol revelation? Are you disappointed in him or does it just make him human?

[GQ]

More Justin Bieber News:

1. Justin Bieber Reveals The Song He Wrote For His Mom
  2. Justin Bieber Gets Hot & Heavy With A Married Woman — Find Out Who
  3. Justin Bieber Gets In The Ring With Boxer Floyd Mayweather

tammy

Posted at 12:11 PM on May 17, 2012

What guy under the age of 18 hasn’t had a beer before? Most guys have had one by the time they are 15! He’s not an alcoholic because he has had a beer before!

Me.

Posted at 8:43 AM on May 17, 2012

I don’t think this is a serious problem? Come on, he’s 18.

Alice

Posted at 8:02 AM on May 17, 2012

Come on guys. He only had a beer, and people are talking about him as if he were an alcoholic? Most Americans probably has had a beer or two before they were 21. You judge him because he is famous. If i had a beer right now, and I’m not 17 yet, no one other than my parents would care!

PrettyInPink

Posted at 8:01 AM on May 17, 2012

I don’t care.

Sarah

Posted at 7:19 AM on May 17, 2012

FYI. The ONLY place you’re allowed to drink in Canada when you’re 18 is Quebec. That’s only one province. The rest of the country the legal age to drink/smoke is 19..
I love when Americans try and tell you about Canada when half of them I’m sure havent even been here!!!

just me

Posted at 7:14 AM on May 17, 2012

Come on guys,only a beer?and what?is he already alcoholic,I had a beer,vine with my friends and it wasn’t legal but we did it and we aren’t alcoholics,you judge him because he is a famous,only for that

blaize

Posted at 11:51 PM on May 16, 2012

So what? Justin Bieber lives in Canada. The legal drinking age there is 18. And let’s be honest: even in America where the legal drinking age is 21, studies have shown that most people don’t wait until they turn 21 to try alcohol for the first time anyway. But I will say this: Miley Cyrus is 19 and has had alcohol, but people judge her for it much more harshly.

Kelly

Posted at 10:16 PM on May 16, 2012

Sorry, you guys, I made a mistake. I meant to say Justin probably had a beer to celebrate turning eighteen, not thirteen. Sorry for the error.

helllokitty2142

Posted at 9:33 PM on May 16, 2012

Wow people already drinking an smoking when your only 13,14,15,etc?? I’m not gonna say anything else but good luck with that, be careful, and do whatever you want because it’s your life of course so ya good luck.

ciara mcleod

Posted at 7:53 PM on May 16, 2012

I know he’s old enough to make his own choices, but what happened to being a role model for all little girls across the world?. Apparentley he only cares for the girls who are his age now. Justin is now a “badboy” the things he’ll do to keep his much older fans interested.

Kelly

Posted at 7:48 PM on May 16, 2012

Justin probably just had one beer to celebrate turning thirteen, no big deal. Lots of guys have done that. That doesn’t mean he’ll become an alcoholic. I just hope he doesn’t start smoking. That will wreck his voice.

Rach

Posted at 7:31 PM on May 16, 2012

OOo what a hard nut!!!! YAWN!!!

HL you're idiots

Posted at 5:56 PM on May 16, 2012

drinking age is 19 in canada fyi. should do a little more research even though that is common knowledge.

u just got dissed

Posted at 6:29 PM on May 16, 2012

you are aloud at the age of 18 in canada to drink in ur own home.
maybe u should do a lil research :)

Flawed Research!

Posted at 12:27 AM on May 17, 2012

You would not be allowed unless you were the legal age, no matter if your parents were there. So unless he drank a beer in the last couple of mouths in BC, Man, or Que, he was drinking underage.

Flawed Research

Posted at 12:28 AM on May 17, 2012

*Months

good one

Posted at 4:24 PM on May 17, 2012

I live in Canada but nice try. At public places such as a bar you are not allowed to drink until you are 19 unless you’re in quebec then its 18. they didnt specify if it where he had a drink

Leah

Posted at 5:48 PM on May 16, 2012

Before you even know it he says So what i dont drink much or i dont let my guard down. He’s gonna be on Crack later or some drug because once you start its hard to quit. Beer is going to turn into vodka and Gin and other stronger things. Alcholic. Then That is going to get him so wasted that he might even try other drugs like crack or weed or something. Look what happened to Lindsey Lohan…and the rest of these famous stars. You guys acting like they can’t go to prison for that stuff if they get caught just because their famous. That doesnt mean a thing. Look at people around you in your community or People in town just because some of you might live in the city doesnt mean a thing. Just walk into the bad part of town and youll see what im talking about. They are everywhere. (CRACKHEADS AND WEEDHEADS) NO Offense if you are one of them…you know what if you are then you are.

trent

Posted at 5:27 PM on May 16, 2012

he has drink beer in canada. kid canadian beer is the worst beer in da world. dude i advice you if you are with your girl drink coors or a local beer. not from that waist of a beer from canada.

haha

Posted at 5:58 PM on May 16, 2012

Canadian beer is stronger and better than american beer so I don’t know where you get that from. are you even old enough to drink?

Mia

Posted at 4:42 PM on May 16, 2012

For boys/men around the age of 18 or 19 their bodies stop growing so alcohol (I’m saying like 1 or 2 beers) doesn’t really hurt the body as it would for a 12 year old boy. For women, it’s different. Women/girls stop growing around the ages of 21-23 (different for each girl) and if effects their bodies more if they drink at 18. Not saying that it will kill you, if you don’t drink over the limit but it will effect your body more than it will, Justin Bieber. Plus in Canada it is alright for him to drink now so I guess we all have to take that into consideration.
I also think it depends on how strong the drink it. Like beer I don’t really find as strong as other alcohol beverages.

Mrs. Pattinson

Posted at 4:32 PM on May 16, 2012

So what if he drinks. He’s 18 and it’s legal in Canada his hometown so I don’t think it matters just because he’s famous 

Melanie

Posted at 4:32 PM on May 16, 2012

You had a beer? You’re such a white boy, Justin. Drinking a beer is like going to the bathroom, it’s normal, no one thinks it’s “hardcore” anymore.

disco

Posted at 4:08 PM on May 16, 2012

So you know that in most of Canada you can drink and vote when you’re 18 right?

julia

Posted at 3:57 PM on May 16, 2012

well, thats something to be proud of…good luck with smoking at your age sweetheart

Ana

Posted at 3:54 PM on May 16, 2012

I love how little kids brag about drinking, honestly its not something to be proud of

elii

Posted at 3:00 PM on May 16, 2012

a beer … and what?? i had a beer 1 week ago and it itsn’t my first beer, im 14 and i never get out of control so it doesnt matter…

justinlyna Kemperz

Posted at 2:46 PM on May 16, 2012

LMAFOO. anybody would/will have a freaking Beer any days that go by Specaily IF you is younger then JUstin B LMAOO

and?

Posted at 2:19 PM on May 16, 2012

so what? I’ve had a beer or two. I’m 15.

thecat61

Posted at 2:08 PM on May 16, 2012

Whoever thought this little kid was squeaky clean — I’m LMAO.

monahfrederick

Posted at 2:41 PM on May 16, 2012

so wat i have had a beer and im13 and i smoke

julia

Posted at 3:58 PM on May 16, 2012

well, thats something to be proud of…good luck with smoking at your age, sweetheart