'Smash' Star Megan Hilty Reveals Ivy's Fate & Previews Season 2

Tue, May 15, 2012 2:06pm EDT by 47 Comments

How do you feel about Ivy after last night’s finale? Megan gives HollywoodLife.com the scoop on what’s to come.

Between (briefly) battling drug addiction, getting her heart broken and watching her dream role go to another girl, Megan Hilty‘s Ivy had a rough go of it on the first season of Smash – and her drama culminated on the May 14 season finale, which ended with her about to down an entire bottle of pills. Fortunately, Megan assures HollywoodLife.com that Ivy’s not going anywhere. In fact, she’s got big dreams for the blonde bombshell in season two!

“She lives,” Megan told me when we chatted at a recent Dr. Scholl’s Sole Space “Get Up & Go!” event in NYC. “I actually have a meeting with the new show runner soon [Josh Safran] soon, so I’ll find out exactly what he has planned for me.”

We won’t find out what Josh has in store for Ivy until Smash returns in early 2013 — I know, I know — but in the meantime, Megan has her character’s future all mapped out.

“I would really love to see Ivy get it together,” she told me. “I’d love her to have something she can really enjoy without feeling threatened by anything or anyone. And I’d like for her to get a really cool boyfriend — and not someone who’s attached to one of her friends. I’d really love it if he wasn’t in the business and he tried to take care of her. She wouldn’t know how to handle it!”

But Megan is thinking about more than just Ivy’s love life. She also wants to get her career back on track — and there’s only person who can help her do it.

“I’m starting a campaign to get Allison Janney on the show,” Megan revealed. “She can do no wrong, and she can sing and dance. She’s also the greatest person on the planet, so to have her on the show would be win-win for everybody. She could be Ivy’s manager, and that’s me being selfish, because then we’d have all of our scenes together.”

Now that Megan’s shared her hopes for season two, it’s time to share yours: What would you like to see Ivy do next? Should she try to patch things up with Derek, or find someone new? Drop your thoughts and theories in the comments section below!

— Andy Swift

Angela Lucido

Posted at 12:28 AM on January 30, 2013

Love Karen,s singing and Katherine McPhee as singer, actress and dancer. But, Megan Hilty’s Ivy played a much better Marilyn Monroe. Can’t wait for second season. Love the show. It is very unique !!

Ron Charvat

Posted at 4:20 PM on November 28, 2012

I really love both Ivy and Karen. The drama continues, now that Karen has the part. Season 2 should be wonderful. I also look forward to another Smash cd!! Fabulous show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krumbag

Posted at 4:13 AM on November 11, 2012

maybe they could they just become gay for each other xx now hot would that be ! :-)

Leigh

Posted at 3:48 PM on October 6, 2012

And one more thing: When Karen “cracked” and everyone was looking for her and the cast was all sitting around, and the one goes “I know one thing, Ivy wouldn’t run” and Ivy, not happening to mention the stunt she pulled on Karen said “No, I wouldn’t run”. How absolutly nasty that was! Made me really not like Ivy a whole lot more!!!

Leigh

Posted at 3:44 PM on October 6, 2012

I must say I have been a Karen fan for the whole season, and I really hope that they give her the praise she deserves. I just saw that Jennifer Hudson is joining the cast and I couldn’t be happier. Unless she tries to unseat Karen, then all gloves are off! I am really glad that they are getting rid of Ellis and Dev. Ellis is pure scum and Dev, well he is, as my grandmother always said, lower than a snake’s belly in a wagon rut!!! So I can’t wait until January!!!!!!

jnvscan

Posted at 11:56 PM on September 16, 2012

Katherine McPhee is more than Megan HIlty in many aspects. Megan HIlty is a good singer but McPhee is absolutely amazing sometimes. She is much better as a dancer besides and she is amazingly sexy sometimes. Hilty is not sexy. She acts as if she were sexy but she is acting a prebuilt idea of what should be to be sexy. To be allways showing she is trying to seduce is not the same than being really seductive. May be is Ivy and not Megan who has these features but i couldn-t discriminate which of them is.

Ivy Lynn

Posted at 6:01 AM on January 22, 2013

I agree that Karen dance more than Ivy and etc … but she is sexier than Ivy neither here nor in china I doubt it.