'DWTS' Results: Who Made The Finals?

Tue, May 15, 2012 10:13pm EST by 37 Comments
Katherine Jenkins Crying

Did Katherine Jenkins survive despite her fall during the performances May 14? This was the most shocking ‘Dancing with the Stars’ elimination this season!

Whoa. We didn’t see this coming! In the most shocking elimination of the season 14, the final three contestants were revealed — and they aren’t who we were expecting!

Well, that’s not really fair to say, since Donald Driver, Maria Menounos, Katherine Jenkins and William Levy were probably the most talented final four we’ve ever seen on the show.

However, Katherine was the one who took a spill on the show last night, which had us thinking she might be in jeopardy. However, the fall apparently earned her some sympathy votes and shockingly, Maria — who got a perfect score last night — was sent home.

What do you think of the final three? Were you shocked Maria got the boot? And most importantly, who do you think will win the Mirror Ball Trophy?

More News

1. ‘DWTS’ Season 14 Cast Revealed: Jack Wagner, Sherri Shepherd & Melissa Gilbert
  2. ‘The View’ Attacks Edward Cullen: He’s ‘Wussy!’ Do You Agree?
  3. First Photos Of Sherri Shepherd & Lamar Sally’s Wedding! How Beautiful!

gluten free diet meal plan

Posted at 8:25 PM on May 24, 2012

I am really inspired together with your writing abilities and also with the format in your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it your self? Either way stay up the excellent high quality writing, it is rare to peer a great weblog like this one these days..

Carajane

Posted at 8:02 AM on May 21, 2012

I agree there should have been a dance off. Maria definitely a better dancer than Donald. Also, Katherine never fell during the previous dance, there was a trip up, where Mark fell, Katherine panicked and stopped the dance. Because of her hysteria and panicking, she should have been eliminated

Best Electric Shaver Reviews

Posted at 2:32 AM on May 21, 2012

This is really fascinating, You are an overly professional blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look ahead to seeking extra of your magnificent post. Additionally, I’ve shared your website in my social networks

evning dress

Posted at 12:36 AM on May 21, 2012

I am really impressed with your writing abilities and also with the layout to your weblog. Is this a paid subject matter or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to peer a great blog like this one nowadays..

office 2007

Posted at 6:25 PM on May 16, 2012

I am extremely impressed together with your writing skills as neatly as with the structure for your weblog. Is this a paid subject or did you modify it yourself? Either way stay up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare to look a great weblog like this one these days..

Linda

Posted at 5:20 PM on May 16, 2012

I was very disappointed that Maria and Derek were eliminated. She has worked so hard and done beautifully. It is always a pleasure to watch Derek dance. He dances so very well. It was tough, all the dancers are so good and someone had to go. I just hate it was them. I didn’t care for the little snide remark Cheryl made about Derek. It sounded somewhat petty and I will not care for her as much as I once did. It was totaly uncalled for. I will miss the show when it is gone. I won’t be watching America’s Got Talent since they have Howard Stern as a judge. Guess I will watch “So You Think You Can Dance” and maybe “Duets” butI will miss DWTS and wait for the Fall show.

Lmp

Posted at 3:49 PM on May 16, 2012

Time to switch to Americas Got Talent…Howard Stern is actually pretty good…

bobbie

Posted at 3:19 PM on May 16, 2012

Why wasn’t there a dance-off for the 2 with lowest combined scores? This is where the judges should have more impact. Maria would have blown Donald away. Won’t watch the finals.

karen

Posted at 1:24 PM on May 16, 2012

The simifinal elimation was horrible, totally is not a dancing category show…. I will not watch the last final show and will not watch this program again next year… Why waste my time on shows that are not judged by performance and not comments of the judges… Totally out of charactor….

Rita

Posted at 1:23 PM on May 16, 2012

This season was incredible!! I would not want to be the judge this season cuz there are soooo many talentend dancers this season. My personal favorite is Cheryl & William. Have always loved Cheryl,(our families fav) William is so nice to look at and such a gentleman, and seems to be well rounded and sweeeeeeeeet!!! Yes indeed. Go William & Cheryl!!!!

Mary

Posted at 1:17 PM on May 16, 2012

Everyone has to remember the FANS are voting and to say that you are not going to watch the finals is very childish. We were given the right to vote for our favorite dancer and that is what the fans have done.

The remaining three are all great contenders to hold up the the mirror ball!!!

ANTONIO GUERRA

Posted at 12:03 PM on May 16, 2012

THE SEMIFINAL ELIMINATION WAS SO BAD, THAT PUT THIS PROGRAM IN EVIDENCE THAT IT IS NOT A DANCING CONTEST.
ME AND MY FAMILY WILL NOT WATCH THE FINAL, AND WE WILL NOT WATCH THIS PROGRAM ANY MORE.

Mare

Posted at 11:37 AM on May 16, 2012

It’s a dancing competition — not a personality contest and even though you found Maria annoying she is a good dancer and should not have gone home last night!!!!

susan

Posted at 11:17 AM on May 16, 2012

I hope that Katherine wins the trophy. Maria and Derek were sure they would get to stay, and Maria was a bit too sure. I am personally tired of seeing Derek on the show….give other people a chance. A for Maria, she was “too much”

Linda

Posted at 5:34 PM on May 16, 2012

The judges do have a lot to do with how people vote and they, especially Carrie Ann and Bruno. I have noticed a lot of “politicing” both in this show and AI by the judges. They should critique the dance and leave all the personal thoughts at home. They chew the amatures up over the choreography and they have nothing to do with that. They just do their best to learn the dance and perform it. I don’t know why everyone is so down on Derek. He is a fantastic dancer as well as a choreographer. I don’t think Maria ever acted like she thought she had the trophy locked up. I think she was always humble. The whole group was thrilled to get good remarks and devastated when they received poor remarks and points. Should Derek “dance down” to please viewers. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Judy Lowe

Posted at 10:26 AM on May 16, 2012

Worst decision ever made since they dumped the Cheetah girl. Maria and Derek should have won the mirror ball. That show is bogus and I don’t care who wins now and I won’t watch it again.

Helena

Posted at 9:31 AM on May 16, 2012

That post was in answer to Eric !!

Helena

Posted at 9:29 AM on May 16, 2012

I agree with you. He’s not bad but I think the women are voting for him because he is good looking !!!!

louise

Posted at 9:00 AM on May 16, 2012

I think Maria got a raw deal. William is going on personally, not fair to others

Fritz

Posted at 8:54 AM on May 16, 2012

So, what generates a vote in this competition? As per William Levy, are all these women voting for his “dance” or are they voting for his “lance?” It’s a rhetorical qustion! I already know the answer!

Mac

Posted at 3:14 AM on May 16, 2012

It”s a DANCE competition! Maria shoulda stayed, Donald shoulda gone. Katherine can dance awesome – even with injury!

Woodsage

Posted at 11:15 PM on May 15, 2012

So glad it was not Donald. He is so committed and consistently underscored. It should have been Katherine. She choked. And please her big life tragedy is getting dumped by her tv star boyfriend. Boo hoo!

susan

Posted at 4:52 PM on May 16, 2012

I soooo agree about katherine in reply to Woodsage. Katherine choked when she lost her balance and Mark with his I got you mantra brought on sympathy votes.
I have seen other contestants mess up, but noone blamed it on a back injury.
What a drama queen who is not used to being less than perfect. Plus, she has dance experience.

Monica

Posted at 11:15 PM on May 15, 2012

Donald shuld have gone home???? That Brit fell down n still scored a 27????can you say bullsh!&t…you r right America did get it wrong, it should have been Katherine going home!!!!!!!

Idelmis Coro

Posted at 11:10 PM on May 15, 2012

I cannot believe Maria was sent home!!!! She was so good! I think Donald should’ve been the one sent home; although he was good, he wasn’t as good as Maria. I wanted to really see William, Maria and Katherube in the finals.

I’m going to miss Derek and Maria in the finals. Derek brings on such an awesome final choreography – I absolutely love his dancing and choreography, especially the freestyle! :’(

Omg!!! This show is so unpredictable! I think William Levy is taking the trophy home at the end though…all my votes will go to him now :)

CatherineX

Posted at 11:06 PM on May 15, 2012

Thank God! She’s gone she was so annoying, Good riddance!

Michelle

Posted at 10:58 PM on May 15, 2012

Shocking it should have been Donald going home. America got it wrong.

Idelmis

Posted at 11:14 PM on May 15, 2012

I totally agree with you Michelle…so sad that wih a perfect 60 out 60, she went home instead of him :’(

Mike

Posted at 5:26 PM on May 16, 2012

There is definitely something wrong with this picture. Forget the judges who are easily swayed by a performer’s looks and personality, and cannot cast an unbiased vote. The main problem is the public who dont necessarily vote on dancing skills and general personality, but rather on handsome looks and celebrity status.This is similar to all the screaming tenny boppers on American idol whos swoon at the looks of a Bieber or some screaming lunatic and vote accordingly. Regardless of injuries or not, Maria was one of the most natural talents on this show, and Derek is number one Choreographer of many seasons.
A great injustice was done to both, and at the least those quirky judges should have insisted on a dance off with the football player. What a sham!

Linda

Posted at 5:47 PM on May 16, 2012

AMEN on that. Should have been a dance off. I guess it would have been so obvious that the judges couldn’t have linbed the finals up like they wanted them. I don’t trust this voting system nor do I trust the AI system. Too much room for a little hanky-panky with the votes.

Linda

Posted at 5:43 PM on May 16, 2012

Sometimes you wonder exactly how and who counts the votes. There’s all kinds of ways to minipulate call in votes. I think the judges decide early on who they want to win or at least make it to the semi-finals and it is handled. Derek has already won several times so there was no way he was going to win this year. I’m sorry but Peta hasn ‘t paid her dues to just waltz in and talk that shiny ball home. However, all 4 couples have been so good. I just think they sent the wrong couple home last night. I will miss them next week.