'Game Of Thrones': Daenerys Finds Her Dragons After A Surprise Bloodbath

Mon, May 14, 2012 12:18am EDT by 30 Comments

Plus, Theon continues his quest to become the worst. character. ever.

My mantra has gone from “Kill Joffrey” to “Kill Theon” over the course of the season, and my contempt for the little Stark-crosser grew ten-fold on Game of Thrones‘ May 13 episode. Theon (Alfie Allen) was most displeased that his flunkies let Bran (Isaac Hempstead-Wright) and Rickon (who I forget exists each week) escape Winterfell. Unable to track them down, he faked their deaths to send a message to all of Westeros. You know, so now everyone can hate him as much as the viewers already do.

The runaways’ sister Arya (Maisie Williams), meanwhile, is in a much better position as Tywin’s (Charles Dance) cross-dressing apprentice — but this week, we began to see more of her dark side peek out, and it terrified me a little bit. She planned to stabbed him when his back was turned, though she eventually chickened out. I was surprised when Tywin told her she reminds him of his daughter, but if you think about it, Cersei (Lena Headey) pretty much stabs people in the back like it’s her job — and, actually, it kind of is.

Poor Sansa (Sophie Turner) had herself a pretty rotten day at King’s Landing — like, even worse than her usual life with Joffrey (Jack Gleeson) — when she had her first period, making her officially able to bare one of Joffrey’s demonic offspring. A total of three people walked in on Sansa nervously trying to wash her sheets, and as if that wasn’t awkward enough, she then had to have “the talk” with Cersei. But in Sansa’s defense, her conversation with Cersei was far less awkward than Tyrion’s (Peter Dinklage), who had to listen to his sister admit to having a baby with Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau). Then they almost hugged. Almost.

Jon (Kit Harrington), still trekking through the snow alongside his wildling-with-benefits Ygritte (Rose Leslie), enjoyed a beautiful night of spooning — but the fun ended there. After using the world’s worst pick-up line to seduce him (“It don’t have teeth”), Ygritte’s savage peeps surrounded Jon and kidnapped him. I’m thinking it would be too naïve to assume they want to make him their beautiful new queen. In fact, judging by the previews, it looks like he’s about to get up-close-and-personal with Mance Rayder. Gulp.

On the subject of double-crossing, things weren’t any less dramatic over in Qarth. Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) found out her dragon babies were kidnapped by Pyat (Ian Hanmore) and her suitor Xaro Xhoan (Nonso Anozie), who just so happens to now be the new King of Qarth. Well, he wasn’t the king until Pyat used his trickery to help him slaughter the rest of the Thirteen in an absolute bloodbath. This show does those so well.

Still no sign of Stannis (Stephen Dillane) and his ginger baby mama (Carice van Houten). What could they possibly be doing? Making more Shadow Babies? Because if they are, I’m kind of glad we’re not seeing them. One traumatizing birth scene was enough for me, thanks.

DEATH COUNT: 16 (one rando, two of Jaime’s victims, 11 members of the Thirteen, and Theon’s two decoys)
BOOB COUNT: For the second time this season, zero. (Is this Westeros, or The Twilight Zone?)

How do you feel about this week’s turn of events? Do you think Catelyn will have Jaime killed? Will Pyat and Xaro Xhoan prove to be friends or foes of Daenerys? Drop a comment with your thoughts and theories!

— Andy Swift

6range

Posted at 11:23 PM on June 14, 2012

Useful info. Lucky me I discovered your web site unintentionally, and I am stunned why this twist of fate didn’t took place earlier! I bookmarked it.

hotels

Posted at 5:45 PM on May 26, 2012

Hello, i feel that i noticed you visited my blog so i got here to return the desire?.I’m trying to find issues to improve my website!I suppose its adequate to make use of some of your ideas!!

Rio

Posted at 12:04 PM on May 14, 2012

I think one of the best things of the characters GRRM created is that no matter what they do or how much they mess up, you can find redeeming qualities in ALMOST every character (I think there are only 1 or 2 from like a thousand characters he created that are complete a*holes)

and it happens with theon I mean you can see it on his face when he sees the innocent orphan kids he murdered and he sees what he’s done and you can tell that he is truly lost, and you can see that he realizes deep down how much he’s f*cking up.. and also on ep 2×06 all those times when Aemon tried to convince him not to do it.. you can see him seccond guessing and like thinking.. what am I doing??? yes, he made awful choices but I believe he still can repent from all that someday..

Shane

Posted at 9:32 AM on May 14, 2012

Oops

That was meant to be a reply to Andy’s comment about true blood

Shane

Posted at 9:30 AM on May 14, 2012

That’s ok neither does GOT going by the multitude of characters that are missing. And not just filler characters but important ones for the further seasons. I think they hired the same writer as the Eragon movie. This is based on how so not like the books the second season has been so far.

And they have already published 5 of the 7 books so it’s not like the writer couldn’t read ahead and realize that they need certain people to continue the story. :(

Rio

Posted at 12:06 PM on May 14, 2012

I know, I still can’t believe they cut the Reeds out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can’t wait to see how are they going to introduce them on S3..

Shane

Posted at 9:29 AM on May 14, 2012

Dan

Posted at 7:10 PM on May 16, 2012

I’m wondering why the first season was so close to the novel, but the second season is drifting further away. Perhaps the bigger budget has gone to their heads?

Anonymous

Posted at 9:27 AM on May 14, 2012

Definitely need more boobs.

Rio

Posted at 8:00 PM on May 14, 2012

you definitely more neurones

rr

Posted at 2:33 AM on May 14, 2012

Jon Snow will end up as king with Daenery’s his queen since she has dragons and only fire can kill white walkers.

There, I’ve said it. And there’s 2 (or is it 3?) more books to be published…

Tonya

Posted at 3:27 AM on May 14, 2012

I was thinking the exact same thing

Tonya

Posted at 3:33 AM on May 14, 2012

There’s 2 more books already published

george

Posted at 9:35 PM on May 15, 2012

ive never been pathetic enough to post on one of these things..but seriously youre a fcking dick for spoiling the ending. “THERE IVE SAID “. Go to whitewalker hell

Valery

Posted at 12:23 AM on May 16, 2012

people, if you’ve read the books you really shouldn’t be using that knowledge to spoil the plot for those of us who haven’t. We’re here to talk with a community of fans, not to find out what happens.

timbo

Posted at 2:03 AM on May 14, 2012

i havent seen the previews for next week so i could be wrong but f you look at Theons face he almost looks confused / shocked when he turns and sees the bodies asif he realised they’re real? i mean his face doesn’t seem right if he wanted it to be fake

kelly

Posted at 1:31 AM on May 14, 2012

I actually was left confuse if it was the Stark boys. And they didn’t show the previews after the 11pm est show. That’s why I got on here to find out what’s going on. Hopefully they won’t kill john snow because he didn’t kill her when he had the chance…but I’m sure he will be taken advatange of by ygitte. I also don’t know what the heck to think about what happened in qarth.

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:37 AM on May 14, 2012

I don’t know what to think about Qarth, either! That scene was awesome, but it also seems like they’re going to use Daenerys as opposed to help her.

Tanya

Posted at 1:19 AM on May 14, 2012

I’m pretty sure everyone who watched the show knew that those were not the actual kids, I dont really see it as a spoiler, Andy, you should have a butt count too lol there was 1 haha, and yes Robb needs to do something about Theon!

adamx

Posted at 12:39 AM on May 14, 2012

Thanks for posting the spoilers about the two stark boys idiot

Joffrey

Posted at 1:13 AM on May 14, 2012

It doesn’t take a mule to figure out they are faking it, but in your case…

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:36 AM on May 14, 2012

I know as much as you do, but I thought it was pretty clear it wasn’t actually them.

anton

Posted at 2:17 AM on May 14, 2012

just read the damn books. you all will be a lot wiser & jon snow isnt going anywhere. he’s the star of the show…. at least for the next two seasons.

tklsinger

Posted at 4:43 AM on May 14, 2012

What are the books called?

sj

Posted at 5:07 AM on May 14, 2012

Best comment ever.

First book is called Game of Thrones.

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:10 AM on May 14, 2012

I go back and forth about whether should read the books. Like, do I really want to know EXACTLY what’s going to happen before it does?

I enjoy True Blood after reading the books, but TB doesn’t follow its books nearly as closely as GoT seems to.

James Schumaker

Posted at 11:14 AM on May 14, 2012

If you read the books, you won’t know exactly what is going to happen, since the series is already diverging significantly from the George R.R. Martin plot. This is a good thing, since Martin makes a lot of dead-end choices and by the end of book five the plot is in a bit of a muddle. It also gives one hope that at least a few of the main characters will make it to the end of the series, whenever that might be.

Rio

Posted at 11:56 AM on May 14, 2012

andy you should sooooooo read the books they’re amazing, George is amazing and all his characters are amazing too..
if you really like Game of Thrones, you should read them cause there’s sooooooo much more to this world GRRM has created than they show on the tv series.. like there are so many little things and stories that the show will never get to tell that are truly amazing… the Song Of Ice and Fire series are def one of my favourite books EVER!!

Rio

Posted at 8:03 PM on May 14, 2012

“jon snow isnt going anywhere” wow really? did you read aDwD????
I think GRRM made it very clear that NO ONE is safe, not even tyrion (his favourite character), so just because a character is a ‘star’ character doesn’t mean he’s safe AT ALL, you should know that by now if you were ‘book wise’ Just saying..

rio

Posted at 8:04 PM on May 14, 2012

“jon snow isnt going anywhere” wow really? did you read aDwD????