'Vampire Diaries': Elena Remembering Damon & More Season 4 Moments I'm Excited For

Fri, May 11, 2012 1:00pm EDT by 212 Comments

Just because we’re still recovering from the shock of last night’s season finale, that doesn’t mean we can’t already jump ahead to the fall!

Season three may not have been the most consistent in The Vampire Diaries‘ three-year run, but I think it’s safe to say the season finale was its best yet. Not only did it (temporarily) put to bed Elena’s (Nina Dobrev) internal struggle between the Salvatore brothers, but it also gave us something incredible to look forward to in season four: Elena as a vampire!

In fact, the finale gave us a LOT to look forward to next season, so allow me to break down the five pivotal plot points I can’t wait to see in the fall:

1. Elena remembering her meeting with Damon:

When you become a vampire, all compulsion wears off, which means Elena will remember that she actually met Damon (Ian Somerhalder) before she met Stefan (Paul Wesley). And considering she told Damon things might have worked out differently if she’d met him first, I could see that being a victory for Team Damon.

2. Elena adjusting to life as a vampire:

Elena has always talked about someday having a vampire-free life, but that’s going to be pretty difficult, you know, now that she’s a vampire herself! Once she gets over the self-loathing — if she ever does — it’ll be intense watching her feed and fight for the first time. I know we’ve seen Nina as Katherine, but Elena as a vampire is going to be a completely different beast. Literally.

3. Damon and Stefan fighting:

Any way you slice it, Stefan let Elena drown by saving Matt (Zach Roerig) instead of her, and that’s why she’s now a vampire. I can’t imagine Damon will be too pleased with his little brother’s decision — and I think Elena will be even less thrilled. Great, as if the Salvatores need another reason to be at each other’s throats!

4. Everyone realizing Klaus is alive:

Damon and Rebekah (Claire Holt) may have watched Klaus’ (Joseph Morgan) physical body go up in flames, but as we all know, his spirit is still very much alive inside of Tyler’s (Michael Trevino) body — which, I guess, is good news for “Klaroline” shippers, as every romantic scene between Tyler and Caroline (Candice Accola) in the premiere will actually be a scene between Klaus and Caroline scene. Oh boy.

5. Finding out if Tyler survived the switch:

On the flip side of Klaus being alive, the other question on everyone’s mind is whether or not Tyler survived the body swap. Did Bonnie (Kat Graham) put Tyler’s spirit inside Klaus’ body, or are both spirits currently inside Tyler’s body, with one just waiting to be expelled? Magic is so confusing sometimes.

What are YOU most looking forward to in season four? Do you think Elena will change her mind and decide to be with Damon? Do you think Tyler will ever be Tyler again? Drop a comment with your predictions and theories for the fall!

— Andy Swift

More Vampire Diaries Stories:

1. Season Finale Recap: Is Elena Really A Vampire?
  2. The CW Renews ‘Vampire Diaries,’ ’90210′ & More For Fall 2012
  3. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Season Finale First Look: Why Is Elena Crying?

Coleen

Posted at 5:36 AM on October 31, 2013

Honestly, I thinl Stelena is boring.. And that Delena should be together. Permanently.

shedraq

Posted at 2:14 AM on January 6, 2013

elena and stefan should be together because they are d perfect couple.damon should give up on elena even if they met first because there were no romantic features between them when they met. Team stefan

Jessica

Posted at 12:28 AM on November 26, 2012

I truly hope Elena stays with Stefan, There is true love between the two and has been from the start. Honestly if she ends up with Damon I will have to quit watching the series. Team Stefan <3

Hadley

Posted at 10:46 PM on October 23, 2012

I really hope that Elena realizes that Damon is better for her and that he meet her first. he really cares for her and would do anything to keep her safe.( AND BECAUSE HE IS SUPER HOT!)]. team Delana all the way!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxo

Miley

Posted at 11:51 PM on October 10, 2012

I’m still rooting for Elena-Damon love team. :”””””””””””>

Hadley

Posted at 10:48 PM on October 23, 2012

same! Damon and Elena are the perfect couple

Jacie thompson

Posted at 8:07 PM on October 5, 2012

Like really Damon is the package
I love him and I just can not wait

Jacie thompson

Posted at 8:03 PM on October 5, 2012

I hope she picks Damon because he is hot sexy and everything she needs

Miley

Posted at 11:49 PM on October 10, 2012

True! :”)

Chontelle

Posted at 7:10 AM on October 3, 2012

I hope that Elena decides to be with Damon instead of Stefan, i’m also thrilled that she will become a vampire in season 4! It will be so much more exciting!

Crystal

Posted at 4:04 PM on September 15, 2012

Crystal

Posted at 4:03 PM on September 15, 2012

I Hope Elena will change her mine and be with Damon who really deserves her after all i think he really loved her for her and not for looking like Katherine etc like Stefan did . So i think Damon and Elena, Stefan and Katherine……………… DELENA ALL THE WAY

seirra

Posted at 5:53 PM on September 6, 2012

i hope Elena gets pregnant by Damon Salvatore and realizes that he is the one for her. i also hope Bonnie stays out of because she made a mistake that should not be forgiven. and if Klaus does make it through this and Tyler doesn’t then Klaus should change his behavior, and get with Caroline. Stefan can get with Bonnie and Matt can just be a loner lol

Sabz

Posted at 7:56 AM on August 29, 2012

Delena all the way… I hope she realizes that Damon is the one! :D

IzZy

Posted at 4:51 PM on October 3, 2012

I Think that Elena Will Stay with Stefan because His Love is Pure and Romantic! And I’m just Anxiously Waiting to see if Elena dies, or Feeds and Completes Transition. And I’m ALL For Her Staying Alive Longer, so I Hope She decides to Stay Alive! <3 Stefan+Elena=True Love <3

deezy

Posted at 11:13 AM on October 13, 2012

i hope she stays with stefan.