'Time' Breast Feeding Cover Mom Plans To Nurse Son Until He's Five

Fri, May 11, 2012 4:00pm EDT by 28 Comments
Time Breastfeeding Cover Mom

‘I’m going to breast feed him for another year': In a recent interview, the breast feeding mom shared her plans to nurse her son until he’s five!

During Jamie Lynne Grumet‘s appearance on the May 10 TODAY show, she admitted that she’s such a proponent of Dr. Bill Sears‘ theory on “attachment parenting” that she’s planning on nursing her nearly 4-year-old son Aram for another year!

“I’m hoping our fourth year is probably going to be our final,” said the 26-year-old blogger.

During her interview, Jamie said that she wasn’t expecting the wild response but knew what she was getting into and added, “I understand some of the breast feeding advocates are actually upset about this.”

The mother also breast feeds her adopted 5-year-old son, Samuel. She said: “It’s not right for everybody… you have to do what is right for your baby.”

What do you think of her plans to breast feed another year, HollyMoms? Check out the of Jamie video below!

hack af facebook

Posted at 11:43 PM on September 10, 2014

Sure, each time I log into my account, I see a whole lot of actions, lots of messages to
learn, numerous pictures to view, but a visitor to my website?

airtel hack facebook jar

Posted at 8:36 AM on September 4, 2014

I hate posting about myself into skinny air.

ways to get abs

Posted at 8:08 AM on July 31, 2013

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite reason appeared to
be on the net the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely
get annoyed while people think about worries that they just
don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

Posted at 2:30 AM on June 30, 2013

Right away I am going

to do my breakfast, once having my

breakfast coming over again to read other news.

A new innovation in the swipe based processing segment is the
wireless merchant account terminal, in which instead of a
regular phone line, is connected wirelessly using cell phone technology.

Nature of any company and the way they operate significantly impact decision
of categorizing them as high risk business. Scott Burke, President of MAXX Business Solutions is committed to making the merchant experience a pleasure and
one that will build long-lasting business relationships.

Oystercopy

Posted at 10:40 AM on July 10, 2012

I find it interesting that the behavior of the little boy in front of the cameras indicates a MUCH larger problem.. look at the way he’s squirming and crying and trying to manipulate all the attention onto himself. Think it is a coincidence that this is because he’s attachment (see: helicopter) parented? I don’t. It seems painfully and abundantly clear.

I absolutely recognize the benefits of breastfeeding a baby, but that’s the exact POINT of it all… it was never meant for CHILDREN. This child is MORE than old enough to be feeding himself. I also see all these kids who were raised by parents like this grow up to be SPOILED BRATS whose sole purpose in life is to make you focus on THEM, instead of the good of the whole. I have had the displeasure of interacting with WAY TOO MANY “adults” in this world who needed MUCH MORE discipline and reflection in their earlier lives, allowing them contribute to society rather than taking away from it every chance they get. Many of these turn into the entitlement issues so damaging to our society these days.

And the woman pandering that she had “no idea” that the cover was going to cause “this much of a stir!” REALLY?? You’ve got a GROWN child sucking your boob on the cover of a national magazine…. hmmmm….. Like your 15 minutes of fame wasn’t SCREAMING at you to give it the attention it demanded?

news

Posted at 5:53 AM on May 25, 2012

Wanted to drop a comment and let you know your Feed is not functioning today. I tried including it to my Bing reader account and got nothing.

Barb H.

Posted at 2:50 AM on May 15, 2012

Throughout the segment the child was fussing and squirming on the sofa. Since she says it’s normal and natural and she feels fine with putting that picture on a national magazine cover, I was wondering why she didn’t just let him nurse on camera. He looks quite a bit younger in person than he does on the cover. There he looks like he’s going to grab a snack and then go out and play baseball with his friends.

shana

Posted at 9:52 PM on May 13, 2012

what ever she decides to do is none of our business there are a lot of women who do just what she is doing she may not get mother of the yr but guess what neither would any of you there are some things that if you put out there ppl would have something to say ppl are going to always talk if you dont like it dont look if you dont have anything good to day then just dont say anything at all look at your self and examine your self before you start judging someone else

Jehu

Posted at 11:07 AM on May 13, 2012

How would all these Moms react when he starts to develop an erection when he breast feeds?

Evita Thompson

Posted at 6:50 AM on May 13, 2012

I had 4 children and breast fed all four. My first I had problems and only breast fed about a month. I cried and cried because I had failed. The Dr. put him on the bottle and e basically didn’t want me I thought. Then with my next three babies I had no problems at all. Everything clicked. I totally enjoyed the whole process and it seemed I was more relaxed. The babies also were relaxed as well. Once the cup was introduced they basically lost interest. I felt rejected. Instead of pushing through I let them gradually wean “me”. All three were just a bit over one. After the age of two I really believe it is more mom not wanting to give it up. A one year old can hold a cup and three year old can pour one. Evita

Gail

Posted at 4:45 AM on May 13, 2012

I have a great nephew who is 3 and a half. When his mother was toilet training him, he was sitting on the toilet and she “tucked” his penis inside for him to urniate. He told her “mommy that’s weird” lol.. I’d hate to see what he’d say to her, if she was still trying to nurse him.. It disturbs me to see a child of this age breast feeding. I think if a child is old enough to open the fridge and take out the milk, he should be too old for breast feeding.

Kathy

Posted at 9:11 PM on May 12, 2012

As a mom who was a member of La Leche Leaguue and a nurse, I am a strong proponent of breast feeding for many reasons. But what people need to understand about nursing a child is it is really all about parenting, you are not nurturning with milk for sustenance beyond 18 months but are now teaching the child how to behave. Actually attachment issues are mediated by the interaction between mother and child, the mother sets limits and boundaries in a healthy supportive way for the child, helping the child learn how to separate and still feel safe. From a physiological point of view, the developing brain of the child benefits from this social interaction with the mother. Sadly, Americans have left behind one of the easiest ways to raise a child thinking formula, nursery cams and waitlists for getting into the best nursery school, (read college) are what really matters. She is a courageous mom by going public with her style of raising her child to be a well adjusted adult!! I know, I did the same with my three children!

Robert

Posted at 1:52 PM on May 12, 2012

Disturbing to say the least. She has attachment issues obviously. That and through the entire interview the child was vying for mom’s attention and could have cared less about “going to dad”. Hrmm, I wonder why? Maybe over mothering your child. You are no longer making anything nutritionally valuable to your child’s development at that age. They act like this hasn’t been done before. You know what happens? A child with severe separation anxiety brought on by his mother. He’ll have a horrible time adjusting to the real world if he has to have his mom within 3 feet of him the rest of his life.

marty

Posted at 5:54 PM on May 12, 2012

@Robert, I agree with every word you have said. EXCELLENT POST!

office professionnel 2007

Posted at 12:31 PM on May 12, 2012

Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you’re simply too fantastic. I actually like what you’ve received right here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way by which you are saying it. You’re making it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it smart. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a wonderful web site.

brandie

Posted at 11:33 AM on May 12, 2012

I am sick to my stomach looking at this. Then hearing she still doing it with her 5 year old as well. So shes got 2 grown boys sucking on her tits and this is not considered some kind of sexual abuse?? I am disgusted with her. Im all for brest feeding but this is way to far. These kids r not getting any extra nutrition from this. This is all for her. Poor kids. They will be bullied for sure. :(

marty

Posted at 5:56 PM on May 12, 2012

Agree in ALL totality!

rosetta stone italian

Posted at 7:40 AM on May 12, 2012

Hey very cool web site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Superb .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also?I’m glad to find so many useful info right here within the submit, we’d like work out extra strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

Daso

Posted at 12:43 AM on May 12, 2012

I wish I was that boy what’s her name anyways .LUCKY BOYS!!!!!! Wish my mom did that!!!!!

terry

Posted at 9:10 PM on May 11, 2012

you know alot of perbs are getting off to this ,she is not oblivious to that either,she doesnt even have ample breast wonder if there is enough for both kids,to bad she cant pacify them by doing something constuctive with their minds ,she choosing the lazy way,goats milk is as close and good for children,but yea just trying to get her 15 minutes of fame.how about putting a mother that is striving and maybe widowed ,single and raising children and doing something that is worth telling about instead of giving perverts a glance ,andnthere sick minds working and idleing on mom and kid,sick world

thart1212

Posted at 9:04 PM on May 11, 2012

She refers to the child as a “baby”. He is NOT a baby. I think this is abusive behavior. She needs to let this child grow up!

Alyssa

Posted at 8:18 PM on May 11, 2012

I can understand breastfeeding when the child is younger but when he is 4 or 5, that is just too old. I feel disgusted with this and the exploiting of it. It should be private and ended at a younger age.

tracey

Posted at 6:30 PM on May 11, 2012

When I first saw the picture I was like omg.. what is going on there. I was torn on an opinion but after listening to her explain, its not like shes a freak. She deeply cares for her kids. As she said, its not for everyone but it is for HER family. I see nothing wrong with it. However to posts pictures is a different ordeal.

Debbie

Posted at 5:56 PM on May 11, 2012

This is America so this woman is free to do whatever she plans. However, her sons will be dealing w/the consequences of Mom going public w/ the picture and information that she breast feeds both sons. Whether the world is or isnot ready for these pictures won’t affect Mom, but the boys will not thank her now and later for her putting them out in front of HER cause w/o thinking of what these boys will suffer.

Lola

Posted at 5:42 PM on May 11, 2012

She got her 15 min and the poor boy will be bulied forever.

hayley

Posted at 4:51 PM on May 11, 2012

That is for her benefit, not her child’s. He is no longer receiving anything from her milk that he needs and she needs to find another way to bond with her children. This is unhealthy, and honestly, a bit sick. Her children are not going to thank her for this in the future, especially not the one in the picture with her.

Pam

Posted at 4:14 PM on May 13, 2012

nothing wrong with breast feeding until they are old enough to ask for it yuck I agree that is something that was kind of sicking to see. Can you imagine being in public and the child wants to nurse.