Johnny Depp Disses Movies Like 'Twilight'

Fri, May 11, 2012 3:48pm EDT by 12 Comments
Johnny Depp Disses Twilight

Move over, R-Patz, there’s a new vampire in town and he’s not stepping down!

Johnny Depp is portraying a vampire in his latest film, Dark Shadows, and he has some sage advice for Twilight‘s Robert Pattinson!

“There’s room for two vampires on this block — as long as he remembers I am the Alpha Vampire,” Johnny told Us Weekly.

This is the eighth film the 48-year old actor is collaborating on with his longtime friend, Tim Burton.

“I think it was during Sweeney Todd where I just blurted out in mid conversation, ‘God, we should do a vampire movie together where you actually have a vampire that looks like a vampire,'” Johnny revealed to Movie Line.

Unlike “vampires that look like underwear models,” Johnny envisioned his undead character donning ghostly make-up and fangs. The actor said he’s always been fascinated by monsters and the erotic nature of bloodsuckers adds “a darkness, this mystery, this intrigue.”

When asked about the types of roles he still wants to take on, Johnny revealed, “I think there are still more boxes to be ticked. But, this was a big one for me.”

Are YOU going to see Dark Shadows?

[Us Weekly]

[Movie Line]

Jennifer Kamm

More Johnny Depp News

1. Johnny Depp Denies Break-up With Vanessa Paradis
  2. Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hookup In Las Vegas — Report
  3. Johnny Depp and Ashley Olsen In A Sexy Secret Romance?

Meak

Posted at 11:48 PM on May 11, 2012

Oh please, He doesn’t even mention Twilight…stop trying to make “controversy” when he explains (on TV) that he likes “his vampire” as “monster” just because he grew up with those icons and not to disrespect the other types of incarnations

Cheryl

Posted at 6:58 PM on October 10, 2012

Johnny Depp as a Vampire can’t see it. But as a Pirate yes. He needs to leave the vampire parts to the ones that plays that part very well, no other than the ones that played in Twilight.

Yousef

Posted at 3:07 PM on May 11, 2013

Shutup he played a vampire so well he looked and sounded like a real vampire

p

Posted at 10:29 PM on May 11, 2012

this whole thing is not even worth commenting on !!! just another stupid blog trying to sound relevant !

chris

Posted at 7:13 PM on May 11, 2012

He’s a money grubbing idiot so not surprised.

jane

Posted at 7:13 PM on May 11, 2012

i watched the original dark shadows series —when i heard johnny depp was going to do a remake i was thrilled—watching the trailer it was such a disappointment—it is NOTHING like the series and this new VERSION is an insult to the original—i should have known once i heard the name tim burton it would be screwed up—cut your ties with him already johnny and do something worth watching—your last few movies have not come close to the talent we are used to seeing—-i will not be going to see this movie

Love the jhtb show

Posted at 7:12 AM on March 2, 2013

Listen tim Burton is the best director that has and ever will live and so what I am a huge fan of the jump street tv thing and I still over the movie not that Tom and Doug dies but it was nothing like the tv show and I am telling you I have dark shadows and it’s one of his best I think very funny and I live Johnny and tim they are the best team and no one who has not seen the movie would not know you can’t judge a book by it’s cover and if you reallyare a fan of Johnny depp you would like to know his best friend tim Burton I hope that you liked the movie if you have seen it

Jane

Posted at 6:56 PM on May 11, 2012

Poor Johnny..Rotten Tomatoes dissed him well, saying he is now a persona, no longer an actor. Dark Shadows got terrible reviews.

Ariadne

Posted at 7:56 PM on May 12, 2012

YEAH because the twilight franchise is so critical acclaimed.Come on there is no a twilight movie that is certified “fresh”…all are rotten!

The jhtb show

Posted at 7:18 AM on March 2, 2013

No it didn’t I am from a web show and I parody johnny depp movies and I am telling you that dark shadows was the most fun I had on set I have ever had with all the blood and funnys so I hope that everyone loved dark shadows as much as I did
P.s jhtb stands for the Johnny Helena tim Burton show
Thank you I lOve you Johnny abd tim and helena

Yousef

Posted at 3:06 PM on May 11, 2013

you mean a critic not the rotten tomatoes idiot and he was great as baranabs collins and at least DS got a much better reviews than twillight

k

Posted at 4:26 PM on May 11, 2012

this wasn’t really a diss he was just saying there should be a vampire movie that is a scary movie not a romantic movie