Jessica Sanchez On Winning 'Idol': 'It's My Time'

Fri, May 11, 2012 5:51pm EST by 45 Comments
Jessica Sanchez American Idol 2012

Jessica Sanchez is the last girl standing on ‘American Idol’ and she’s ready to beat Phillip Phillips and Joshua Ledet for the title!

Jessica Sanchez is out for blood on American Idol this season. As one of the final three contestants remaining, the 16-year-old singer has her eyes on the prize and told HollywoodLife.com why she “thinks it’s her time.”

“I’ve been through stuff before,” Jessica told us. “I’ve done contests and I did another TV show before this. I feel like this is my time.”

And she has a message for her massive fan base. “Thank you so much for all your support and I love you guys,” she said.

Watch the rest of our interview to hear about the kind of artist she dreams of becoming!

Who do YOU think will win American Idol?

Loading video...

More Idol:

1. Recap: It’s Hollie Cavanagh’s Time To Go
  2. Skylar Laine: Why I’m Relieved I’m Off ‘Idol’
  3. Results: The Most Shocking Elimination Yet?

ros28

Posted at 7:19 AM on May 20, 2012

I LUV JESSICA SANCHEZ NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENED
GO GO GO GO GIRL U CAN DO IT!!!!

LuvJessicaToDeath

Posted at 2:30 AM on May 18, 2012

Marco, pls don’t make things up..

LuvJessicaToDeath

Posted at 2:29 AM on May 18, 2012

Marco, you are a liar..

chanelle

Posted at 1:45 AM on May 18, 2012

Jessica is one of the best artist. She is very talented with a beautiful voice. She can basically sing any song. She deserves to win this contest. Go Jessica!! We love you sooo much!!!

OMG!

Posted at 5:13 PM on May 17, 2012

What makes Jessica think she’s so superior. She doesn’t have her own style, she seems to think she is entitled to the title. @NLP have you been watching the same show, she doesn’t answer the judges she puts on the coy act and looks relieved she was able to pull off how she sang the song. Jessica has the ability to be a great singer she just needs to find her own style and not act like the Karaoke singer her Mom taught her to.

NLP

Posted at 3:59 PM on May 16, 2012

I am an avid fan of Jessica Sanchez since day one. I so her sang at Americas got talent when she was 11 and she was amazing. I consider her a very profound artist. She can sing any song with her unbelievable voice. She’s got the charisma and a very humble lady when especially when she answers the judges. I consider her the best singer in the American Idol. But, you know it’s not only singing their are judging, popularity is needed to win the title. I just say more power to you Jessica and do the best you can tonight on your magical voice of yours. GOD BLESS AND MOR POWER TO YOU!

KATIE P

Posted at 5:19 PM on May 15, 2012

Oh I PRAY she does not win! She is such a plant on Idol. Never really auditioned. Her singing has no feeling. And she was saved at the top 7 which means she was not resonating with the audience.

She is a farce, a cartoon.

BEV

Posted at 10:23 AM on May 15, 2012

The judges are pushing for Josh to win ! I pray everything is honest WITH THE VOTES ! IT’S A GIRLS YEAR ! PLEASE EVERYONE VOTE FOR JESS AND HELP HER GET IN THE FINALE !

antonio

Posted at 1:05 PM on May 15, 2012

I am with you, Jess should win.
Joshua is another Fantasia Barrino who is has a verey ugly voice

Marco

Posted at 5:21 PM on May 15, 2012

No! She has an attitude. The judge’s save is unfair and fake. She should go home now!

Tedius Zanarukando

Posted at 10:36 PM on May 15, 2012

Marco is just making things up, so do not listen to Marco. Jessica Sanchez should win and Phillip Phillips should be the one to go home. Jessica Sanchez has no attitude. She deserved the judges’ save. Phillip Phillips getting the frau vote is unfair and fake.

Tedius Zanarukando

Posted at 9:00 PM on May 14, 2012

Jessica Sanchez should win American Idol, not Phillip Phillips. I do not want a fifth WGWG winner in a row. I want another Jordin Sparks, let alone another Kelly Clarkson, not another Lee DeWyze. Jessica Sanchez will be an international superstar. Phillip Phillips will be just another WGWG.

antonia

Posted at 1:07 PM on May 15, 2012

Yes, I agree Jessica deserves to win not this two gay guys.

florian barlow

Posted at 12:33 AM on May 14, 2012

praying Jessica will win!!! she has an amazing voice…

nicolealbelda

Posted at 11:00 PM on May 13, 2012

BRING HOME THE GOLD COUSIN, I LOVE YOU MY BBYGIRL <333 !! i love you jessica !!!

reyk

Posted at 1:41 PM on May 13, 2012

for the win JESSICA SANCHEZ….

Abby alcesto

Posted at 1:40 AM on May 13, 2012

Goodlick Jessica

KingJames

Posted at 6:06 PM on May 12, 2012

JESSICA IS MY MVP! :D

afffley

Posted at 2:28 PM on May 12, 2012

i dont care who will win this bcoz sometimes i luv Jessica voice , sometimes Philip and Joshua is good too . So all three deserve to win and if u ask me that for which contestant i am going to vote i will say ……….. wait i dont want to tell bcoz i had a terrible week and i hate if people started commenting against me bcoz of my choice

Andy

Posted at 1:20 PM on May 12, 2012

I dont know how the contestants pick their songs. But if Jessica has a song advisor, he/she should be fired. By now, we all know that she has the vocal ability to sing any song. But it is not time for her to show off her ability with difficult and technical songs anymore. It is time for her to sing songs familiar with the audience, songs that can resonate…… tunes that people can sing along with. She lucked out with “Everybody has a dream” because that song has a very simple melody and clear lyrics, while “You are so beautiful” is a very familiar song. “Stuttering” was a disaster even though she sang it flawlessly.
Song choices are not so important for P2 and Joshua, because they pretty much sang all songs the same ways.

antonia

Posted at 1:10 PM on May 15, 2012

Hey Andy, I disagree with you, I think ur one of those gays that supports Josh

PABLO

Posted at 12:11 PM on May 12, 2012

Yep. she can win youtube contest but american idol I don;t think so. I am not sure But I think mexican and filipines can not vote from their countries. Yes they can watch youtube million of times ,but it
will not be fair people who live in others country decide for us.

Joshua Mccartney

Posted at 3:21 AM on May 15, 2012

Actually, Filipinos can vote for Jessica through Internet.

Joshua Mccartney

Posted at 3:25 AM on May 15, 2012

Did you know that there’s a lot of Filipino Workers and Citizens there. All Filipinos are proud to Jessica. She should be the winner. After so many years that man won as the american idol. This is the time of JESSICA SANCHEZ.

antonia

Posted at 1:11 PM on May 15, 2012

Pablo, ur such a gay guy and dickhead

SHERYL

Posted at 12:01 PM on May 12, 2012

The winner is who has more votes In america not who is more visited in youtube in mexico or filipinas. LOL

Ana

Posted at 7:39 AM on May 12, 2012

Jessica should be the winner! She can sing almost all types of song. some people don’t know she can rap. This kid can improve looks, moves but her vocal ability is natural, u can’t just lerner it. High or low notes, she can sing lullaby and sleep well, but Joshua can give you a nightmare with her screaming oldies songs. Its beyond 2000 now, we don’t listen to antique singers. Her line up are Beyonce, Christina A., Jennifer H. Whitney, Celine was not as good as Jessica now during her age singing Frech song with kinky hair, thick eyebrow, her teeth not nice but look at her now. Jessica is very unique, she is a very lucky girl. She also got solid fans all over the world, that what makes a star is to have solid die hard fans. Lucky for her.

r6d

Posted at 7:23 AM on May 12, 2012

I’m gonna repeat one comment that I’ve read and we have the same thinking.
“I think Jessica should win, but Joshua could win too. But I think Phillip will win.”

CG

Posted at 5:33 AM on May 14, 2012

um, correction – Jessica should win, could win, will win, but most of all – IS THE WINNER!! dig that

CG

Posted at 5:35 AM on May 14, 2012

and another thing, here’s the difference between you n’ me – i don’t THINK that, i KNOW that!!

nina

Posted at 10:33 PM on May 11, 2012

she comes off almost entitled sometime. I like her, thinks she has an incredible voice, but I think Phillip is a better singer-artist and Joshua has more soul and sophistication in terms of vocal talent.

vee

Posted at 1:43 AM on May 12, 2012

Jessica was asked a question and answered truthfully, and you think she comes off almost entitled? She has got to believe in herself to weather the contest and I think her comment was to fortify her resolve… not to appear entitled. And please, Philip is cute but enough of that artist stuff. If you sing your heart out, you’re over-singing, but if you mumble unintelligibly and avoid the difficult parts, that’s artistry? Duh?

erinl

Posted at 2:42 AM on May 12, 2012

@Vee Wow, I so agree with you! What was so entitled in that? And Phil Phillips – artistry? Puhlease. His momentum was gained from mostly young girls voting for him.

torri

Posted at 8:49 AM on May 12, 2012

I completely agree with vee and erinl! :)

Jane Rocero

Posted at 8:05 PM on May 11, 2012

Jessica Sanchez is a great singer.

Acen Bloodworth

Posted at 7:28 PM on May 11, 2012

I give it to the Top 3—they’re all fantastic! I love Hollie, too who kept peaking all the way to the 4th spot. But at the start of the competition, it’s been very clear that the star of Jessica Sanchez is so brilliant, so blinding. For me, it’s game over! :)

Kat

Posted at 12:11 AM on May 12, 2012

I 100% agree! she’s 16 years old, she’s not gonna immediately connect right away. she’s essentially a baby! but watching her I’m like, Damn why can’t i blow like THAT!! she’s my FAVE. I’m for GIRL POWER!!! I want a freaking girl to win this year! Please god answer my prayers!!

P.S Jessica if your reading this you need to belt, growl and pick songs we freaking Know!!

Supremo Limbo

Posted at 6:59 PM on May 11, 2012

Of the three remaining American Idol contestants I believe Jessica Sanchez has the best chance of grabing the title “American Idol Season 11.”

Kat

Posted at 12:07 AM on May 12, 2012

Get Girl!! U right, U Right!!!

Cierra

Posted at 5:17 PM on May 15, 2012

She’s so ugly and her teeth are buck. She was kicked off at 7 so you know she isn’t really winning by votes. She has no emotion when she sings and acts like she is stressed and has a stage mother. So unreal. All the other girls were better.

rae

Posted at 6:05 PM on May 15, 2012

Oh you are so green with jealousy. Pls don’t call her ugly coz she’s beautiful inside and out. Unlike you calling people ugly. Look at yourself first, I bet you’re fugly with no talent, get?

liz

Posted at 2:36 PM on May 16, 2012

cierra, I completely disagree dont be too judgemental. Jessica might not be that good looking but God created with somehting meaningful in her that you may not have. (don’t judge the book by its cover)

OMG!

Posted at 5:08 PM on May 17, 2012

@Cierra, I totally agree with you….I have said for a long time Jessica Sanchez is the ultimate Karaoke singer. Her Mom put a mic in her hand as soon as she could sing a note. This girl is young, hasn’t established her style but continues to try to be the next Mariah Carey. I’ll give it to her she can sing but find your own style, when she sang “Got to Be There” her true voice and age came out. She’s like the little girl playing dress up and singing at a family party. I’m just saying

catwoman

Posted at 8:52 PM on June 4, 2012

OMG &Cierra . your so jealous of Jessica. You 2 are looser!!!!!

Crisologo

Posted at 6:12 PM on May 17, 2012

Cierra, don’t act like a superior one, who do you think you are, are you that beautiful and you’re degrading your fellow woman? Yes, Jessica is not beautiful, but her beauty is a Filipina beauty worthy of emulation, what about you, are worthy to emulate?