American Idol's Hollie Cavanagh: My First Thoughts After Being Voted Off

Fri, May 11, 2012 8:20am EDT by 8 Comments
Hollie Cavanagh Eliminated

Hollie may not have made it to the Top 3 on ‘Idol’, but she has lots to look forward to with the upcoming tour! Plus, read on to see what she thinks of the final three. Is Joshua Ledet her obvious pick to win it all?

Hollie Cavanagh spoke with HollywoodLife.com following her elimination from American Idol on May 10. Read on for her thoughts on who will win the title, and which songs she wants to perform on the tour this summer!

HollywoodLife.com: So is Josh Ledet your obvious pick to win since you are best friends?

Hollie Cavanagh: No! (laughs) At this point, I am exactly with America. I have no idea.

HL: How do you think Josh would feel about that?

HC: He would probably agree. He sits there every week and I’ll be like ‘Your performance was amazing’ and he’ll be like ‘you never know’ and I say it to Jessica and she says ‘you never know’ and I say it to Phillip [and he says] ‘you never know.’ America’s singing there like ‘oh, I don’t know who’s going to win’ and the judges are sitting there saying that and I’m here saying that. You honestly don’t know but the top 3 are amazing so whoever wins it’s going to be an amazing finale.

HL: What would you like to perform on the tour?

HC: There’s a lot of songs that I’d like to perform. I’d like to do mine and DeAndre’s ‘I’m So Excited’ just because I’ve always wanted to do a duet with DeAndre and then I got the chance… So I would like to do that again. It was really fun. Maybe do a duet with Skylar or Josh or something like that, that would be a lot of fun. I think that everyone is so different that even people like me and Jessica we are such big singers and small, we are still different. I’m more of the pop side and she is more of the full on R & B Soul. So I think that once the tour comes around I think all of that thinking will go out the window. So if we crack on a note people will be thinking that it was the best cracked note they ever heard. Its going to be fun and enjoyable.

HL: So you are ready for the tour?

HC: I am so excited, because Randy and I said it at the same time, we will not be judged! (Laughter)

HL: What’s the perfect Mother’s day gift?

HC: Me going home and being with my Mom. I get to go to NYC, so maybe I will be able to get her something nice in NYC. It won’t be expensive but it will be nice.

HL: Did you see JLO’s kids?

HC: No, but I saw them and they were so cute, but didn’t meet them.

HL: What were your thoughts of JLO’s sexy performance with Casper?

HC: I honestly thought it was amazing, I think of it as a inspiration because she dominates the stage. Nobody can touch her and she will do what she will do and people are going to love it. I look up to that because that is what I need to learn as a artist.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Did Hollie deserve to go home?

–Reporting by Russ Weakland

More Idol:

1. Jennifer Lopez Performs With 25-Year-Old Lover On ‘Idol’
  2. ‘American Idol’ Results: Did Hollie Cavanagh Survive?
  3. Simon Cowell Wants To Do Britney Spears ‘X Factor’ Announcement On ‘Idol’

เครื่องสแกนลายนิ้วมือ

Posted at 12:28 PM on January 7, 2014

Article writing is also a fun, if you know afterward you can write or
else it is difficult to write.

brazzy hildebrand

Posted at 1:37 PM on May 23, 2012

I love you hollie cavanagh please call me at 207-3652
please i want to tell you something if you could bring me to the tour to see you and Skylar laine so please call me at 207-3652

job after college

Posted at 12:58 PM on May 23, 2012

Magnificent goods from you, man. I have be mindful your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely fantastic. I actually like what you have acquired right here, really like what you’re saying and the way in which in which you are saying it. You’re making it entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart. I can not wait to learn far more from you. This is really a wonderful web site.

Iamnottonedeft

Posted at 4:10 PM on May 14, 2012

there is no winners left

yelo

Posted at 5:45 AM on May 14, 2012

am still not fully recovered from this elimination of Hollie.
If Idol is just about singing I think she shouldn’t have been eliminated. If not just bout singing, the more she should have not been eliminated – she’s pretty and charming and I’m happy with her presence.
I hope she’s gonna be like Daughtry or maybe I can see her acting like in High School Musical (finished though lol) or Glee.
Hollie for Holliewood!

tom

Posted at 9:21 PM on May 12, 2012

Hollie and josh won’t end up together cuz josh is obviously a closet queen! If u can’t see that your an idiot. Jessica can’t sing she just growls phillip grunts and looks likened having a seizure. And josh screams.

gbtw

Posted at 6:55 PM on May 14, 2012

good lord. i don’t think he has said anything about his sexuality, so why are you calling him closet-ed? he could be openly gay for all we know. or, he could be straight, or bisexual… personally, my money is on straight. but really, who cares? so lame when people throw around hate and suggest anyone who doesn’t drive a jacked up pickup is a closet-ed gay. grow up. ps, it’s “you’re” not “your”, “idiot.”

gbtw

Posted at 1:22 PM on May 11, 2012

i hope she and josh end up together. you can tell they really adore and respect each other. very very cute… they’d be great on stage together, too. i think hollie really excels when she’s doing duets (unlike jessica, whom i love, but who needs to have the mic all to herself- duets, not so much). in any case, they’re all excellent, and it barely matters who wins… i’d like to see josh and jessica in the finals b/c their performances are the most enjoyable to me, and they have the surprise/wow potential every time. i had been bored with phillip, but i’ll have to say his volcano song was something special.