'Fifty Shades Of Grey' Author: 'Film Won't Have Full On F**kery'

Fri, May 11, 2012 9:45pm EDT by 197 Comments
Fifty Shades of Grey

E.L. James spoke to women at a conference in Westchester, New York May 11 about her inspiration for ‘Fifty Shades of Grey,’ the upcoming film adaptation and the research behind the raunchy S&M sex scenes!

The trilogy Fifty Shades of Grey has taken America by storm and HollywoodLife.com‘s Bonnie Fuller had the opportunity to see the author, E.L. James, speak about the popular series — which was originally Twilight fan fiction and is now being turned into a movie.

“I’m very concerned about how it will translate onto screen,” E.L. said at the conference, which was held by Lyss Stern, founder of the Luxury Lifestyle Brand DivaMoms.com at the Willow Ridge Country Club. “They don’t have to do full on f**kery. They can be done with great taste…they will be fun!”

Even though the film will be tasteful, it wouldn’t be complete without some of the story’s controversial S&M scenes, which the author tried to make as realistic as possible.

“I talked to a couple people into S&M to do research on the book,” she said. “I also talked to an online guy, who was a submissive.”

Of course, E.L. was pushed by fans about writing a fourth book (and even a prequel to the series) — and despite being happy with where she left her characters, Anastasia and Christian, she said “never say never.”

Do YOU want more Fifty Shades of Grey?

Reporting by Bonnie Fuller

More 50 Shades of Grey & Robsten news:

1. Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Will Go To Cannes Together
  2. Kristen Stewart: Robert Pattinson Could Star In ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’
  3. Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson Ashamed Of Smoking

Jemma

Posted at 6:16 AM on June 19, 2012

Kristen stewart to play Ana Matt Bomer to play Christian and Kim Cattrall to play “Mrs.Robinson”

Gab

Posted at 8:59 PM on June 18, 2012

Liv Tyler should be Anastasia.
Kristen Stewart would ruin the movie. She just does not fit

Tracy

Posted at 10:06 AM on June 18, 2012

Need book number 4 – can’t believe I’ve finished book 3 and he’s not in my life anymore – may just have to re-read the whole trilogy

Hannah

Posted at 9:47 AM on June 18, 2012

Ryan Gosling = Christian Grey
Kristen Stewart = anastasia Steele

Taylor

Posted at 9:37 AM on June 15, 2012

Oliver Jackson-Cohen for Christian Grey. Kristen Stewart or Michelle Pfeiffer for Ana.

len

Posted at 7:02 PM on June 14, 2012

ian somerhalder for christian grey

len

Posted at 7:02 PM on June 14, 2012

kristen stewart for anastasia steele

Lisa

Posted at 9:46 PM on June 13, 2012

****Mila not Milan…..

Lisa

Posted at 9:45 PM on June 13, 2012

Josh Duhamel as Christian and Milan Kunis as Ana…..

Fran

Posted at 3:25 AM on June 12, 2012

OLIVER JACKSON-COHEN as CHRISTIAN GREY!! He is so handsome. I don’t know him before but when I saw his name on the comments and some articles. He is so hot. Especially when he is doing yoga. I also love his accent. He is 226 yrs. old. 6’3 ft. tall. I saw a lot of pictures on Facebook and Twitter.

lld

Posted at 9:09 PM on June 13, 2012

he’s good to me… but ian somerhalder is just much more hotter

Sharleen

Posted at 10:17 AM on June 11, 2012

Alexander Skarsgard as Fifty!!! Has anyone seen True Blood cause if you have you would agree, he would be the PERFECT Christian!!!!

lld

Posted at 9:06 PM on June 13, 2012

so wrong!!!! he looks much older and I expected Christian to be much hotter thAn that……

Ashley

Posted at 1:08 PM on June 9, 2012

I would love Channing Tatum as Christian Grey and either Lily Collins or Nina Dobrev as Ana. I like Ian Somerhaulder to but Channing Tatum would be epic! <3

Sarah

Posted at 7:16 AM on June 8, 2012

Oliver Jackson-Cohen as Christian Grey. I saw his pictures on Facebook. So handsome. I also saw him doing yoga on Youtube. HOT!! He is perfect.

Erica

Posted at 6:56 PM on June 7, 2012

Christian = Ryan Gosling
Ana = Alexis Bledel

Annette

Posted at 2:57 PM on June 7, 2012

Alex Prettyfer is my perfect Christian. Not sure on who is perfect for Ana

Caroline

Posted at 1:58 PM on June 7, 2012

matt bomer in my mind would be the perfect for Mr Grey. However, Kristen Stewart should not even be a candidate for Ana. I would be disappointed if she were chosen

feather

Posted at 1:23 PM on June 7, 2012

omg I cant wait for the movie to come out Ive already read the books, still on book 3, and would LOVE to be able to read another

Lindsay

Posted at 10:59 AM on June 7, 2012

I’m going to be so pissed if Universal Studios tries to rate this movie PG-13. These books were not meant for a younger audience, and I’m tired of the young adult genre trying to possess all aspects of mainstream film and literature. I would like to see it rated NC-17 because that’s how it reads. If that was the readers intent, I don’t think the material should be censored to accomodate everyone else’s comfort zones. I think it is possible to rate it NC-17, but still be tasteful. I for one, am rooting Chris Pine or Ian Somerhalder as Christian, and Lily Collins as Ana. I’m very excited to see what Universal does with this picture.

Lindsay

Posted at 10:59 AM on June 7, 2012

Author’s intent***

STC

Posted at 7:22 AM on June 7, 2012

RYAN GOSLING!!! That is all :)

Jessica

Posted at 8:33 PM on June 14, 2012

RYAN is EXACTLY who i pictured when reading the book!

Amanda

Posted at 1:27 AM on June 7, 2012

Ian Somerhalder as Christian and Lucy Hale or Ashley Greene as Ana, I am so excited for this movie to come out!

Mac

Posted at 10:54 PM on June 6, 2012

Emma Roberts as Ana!

Celena

Posted at 8:45 PM on June 6, 2012

Chyler Leigh for Anastasia! Hands down, she can pull it off perfectly! And I agree with Lu below, Oliver Jackson-Cohen would be a GREAT Christian!

Lu

Posted at 6:05 PM on June 6, 2012

Oliver Jackson-Cohen for Christian

Jones

Posted at 3:02 PM on June 6, 2012

Make another book and Mark Waulbery as Mr. Grey. YUMMY

angela

Posted at 1:43 PM on June 6, 2012

Colin Egglesfield as Christian!!!!!!! PLEASE

Tanya

Posted at 4:06 PM on June 6, 2012

Ben Barnes are Christian and Cystal Reed as Ana.

Tanya