'Fifty Shades Of Grey' Author: 'Film Won't Have Full On F**kery'

Fri, May 11, 2012 9:45pm EDT by 197 Comments
Fifty Shades of Grey

E.L. James spoke to women at a conference in Westchester, New York May 11 about her inspiration for ‘Fifty Shades of Grey,’ the upcoming film adaptation and the research behind the raunchy S&M sex scenes!

The trilogy Fifty Shades of Grey has taken America by storm and HollywoodLife.com‘s Bonnie Fuller had the opportunity to see the author, E.L. James, speak about the popular series — which was originally Twilight fan fiction and is now being turned into a movie.

“I’m very concerned about how it will translate onto screen,” E.L. said at the conference, which was held by Lyss Stern, founder of the Luxury Lifestyle Brand DivaMoms.com at the Willow Ridge Country Club. “They don’t have to do full on f**kery. They can be done with great taste…they will be fun!”

Even though the film will be tasteful, it wouldn’t be complete without some of the story’s controversial S&M scenes, which the author tried to make as realistic as possible.

“I talked to a couple people into S&M to do research on the book,” she said. “I also talked to an online guy, who was a submissive.”

Of course, E.L. was pushed by fans about writing a fourth book (and even a prequel to the series) — and despite being happy with where she left her characters, Anastasia and Christian, she said “never say never.”

Do YOU want more Fifty Shades of Grey?

Reporting by Bonnie Fuller

More 50 Shades of Grey & Robsten news:

1. Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Will Go To Cannes Together
  2. Kristen Stewart: Robert Pattinson Could Star In ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’
  3. Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson Ashamed Of Smoking

Dorothy

Posted at 7:36 AM on August 20, 2013

Hello people! Matt Bomer IS GAY – the guy who plays Christian is the guy that we want to dream ever after about for a long time after the movie is released, we will want to watch the movie over and over, and I certainly don’t want my dreams and fantasies to involve a guy who is not into women…no offence,Matt u are a gorgeous hot guy and a fantastic actor – ur gay but I still love ya regardless…Dorothy

amanda gray

Posted at 11:01 AM on January 21, 2013

Casper Van Dien would be the perfect Christian Grey

Bobbi

Posted at 3:20 PM on November 9, 2012

for those who watch Days of our Lives, I think the person who plays EJ Dimera would be excellent for Christian Grey!!

Laniloo

Posted at 5:59 AM on November 5, 2012

Alex pettyfer as Christian and Lucy hale or Megan fix for Ana!!!

abby

Posted at 12:27 AM on September 6, 2012

Ian somerhalder is a perfect Christian Grey! I hope they make the right choices on who to cast.. it could seriously ruin the movie!
Laters Baby!

Lisa

Posted at 7:26 PM on August 13, 2012

i think the role of Christian Grey so go to Christian Bale i think he could pull it off very nicely

Itzel

Posted at 4:20 PM on August 13, 2012

Everyone look at a picture of Ian Somerhalder don’t tell me he isn’t what you imagined when you read the book! He would be a PERFECT christian grey!!!

Kristyn

Posted at 11:24 PM on August 5, 2012

Just saying, Ian Harding is my Christian Grey! I think he could do SUPER well in this role :):).

Denine Blas

Posted at 9:58 AM on July 4, 2012

If these two people played Christian and Ana, from the Twilight movie I would NOT watch this movie. They have already been over exposed and that guy from Twilight Robert Patterson does not look anything like him and Kristen Stewart is NOT Ana, NO WAY shes to frumpy and Ana has a sexy cute way about her. No they need to find someone that is a nobody that wants to be a star and give this role to her. If you put someone in this role that we all know we could be judgemental on this character and thrash the movie giving it horrible ratings.

Denine Blas

Posted at 9:52 AM on July 4, 2012

I think that Gabriel Macht should play Christian. He already has a dark side, he is sexy, mysterious, and he is as cocky as ever. He has that square jaw line and that sexy bedroom eyes that just make me melt everytime I watch suits. He has the voice, and he can carry off being rich in the tv show Suits. He would be perfect for that role!!!

Beth

Posted at 3:33 AM on July 4, 2012

Beth e do not use the cast from twilight they completely reined the books for me which I loved, I think that u sould use the cast on the utube trailer, the girl from Gilmore girls would make a fantastic Ana, please write another book from Christians side as he’s such a complex character it would make a fantastic read

Sherrylee

Posted at 2:49 PM on July 2, 2012

Ooh channing Tatum playing Christian sounds great, I really want more books to though I could just keep reading and readin when it comes to fifty shade, you finished on a great ending but 3 more books on Christians point of view would be great! :) I love love loved them!

Denine Blas

Posted at 9:53 AM on July 4, 2012

No no no Gabriel Macht should play Christian Grey

Elaine Jemmison

Posted at 11:12 PM on October 3, 2012

I AGREE!!

k

Posted at 6:29 PM on June 27, 2012

Google Alex Pettyfer and there is Christian!!

Denine Blas

Posted at 9:55 AM on July 4, 2012

wow I looked up Alex Pettyfer and you are right!!! That looks just like Christian Grey!!!! OMG HES HOT!!!!

Erica

Posted at 5:45 AM on June 22, 2012

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT RUIN 50 SHADES BY CASTING ROBERT PATTINSON AND KRISTEN STEWART IN THE MOVIE, I LOVED THE TWILIGHT BOOKS AND THEY RUINED THEM BY STARRING IN THE MOVIES.

IAN SOMMERHALDER AT THIS POINT IN TIME WOULD BE MY PREFERRED CHOICE AND ANASTASIA HAS TO BE SOMEONE WITH A LEVEL OF INNOCENCE, NOT SCARLET JOHANNSON AS HAS BEEN REPORTED!!!!!

amber

Posted at 7:35 PM on August 22, 2012

I so agree,,,, Ian somerhalder has everything…. the up and down mood swings… the sexy grin,,, serious and playful.. This would be all time favoriate movie if he plays as Christian!!!

Chaline

Posted at 8:30 PM on June 19, 2012

Channing Tatum for Christian Grey…Kim Cattrall for Mrs. Robinson sounds great.

Dee

Posted at 2:14 PM on July 3, 2012

Love this! They would both be perfect!