E.L. James Reveals Whether She'll Write A Fourth 'Fifty Shades' Book

Fri, May 11, 2012 2:00pm EDT by 386 Comments

The best-selling author of the trilogy that’s sweeping the nation, just answered the ultimate question: ‘Will there be a fourth book?’ Read on to find out her answer!

E. L. James has just spilled a major secret. The self-proclaimed Twi-hard appeared on The View on May 11 and was asked if she will pen another sexy fantasy book about Christian Grey and Anastasia Steel!

“Who knows,” she laughed when asked. “Never say never!”

When asked why she titled the book Fifty Shades, she said the number just sounded better than her original title Seven Shades of Grey.

She also followed up on the fact that she came up with the idea after reading the Twilight books!

“I am a Twi-Hard i saw Twilight in 2008 and I got the books for Christmas and I just escaped into them and re-read them and re-read them,” she said. “And I sat down and wrote a novel and then I disvovered fan fiction so I wrote Twilight fan fiction. Then I had the idea for what would be become Fifty Shades.”

[ABC]

— Chloe Melas

More ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ News

1. SNL Mocks ‘Fifty Shades’ In New Video
  2. Ellen DeGeneres Does ‘Fifty Shades’ Video
  3. Will Kristen Star In Fifty Shades?

kim

Posted at 5:48 PM on July 25, 2014

I think it would b great if E.L james rewrote the gifty shades books from christian greys perspective I would luv it to c it from his thougts.

Maggie Baker

Posted at 3:05 AM on July 7, 2014

Please write a fourth book, I am having to read the books over and over again, cant get enough of them, we all need to know what happens to Christian and Anastasia. PLEASE

Clara Roberts

Posted at 7:44 AM on January 23, 2014

PLEASE write another story im hooked on them i really need to know what happens next with ana and christian please i cant beg enough. I agree with sarah maybe a book with christians pov please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOUR OTHER BOOKS READING THEM AGAIN FOR THE 100TH TIME

Sarah

Posted at 10:14 AM on January 3, 2014

Please, please, please, make another book! i think she should write at least three more books all from Christian’s perspective, so we can see the journey through his p.o.v instead of anna’s. but i also would love to read another book in anna’s view about their life now where we were left at the end of 50 shades freed. PLEASE!!! these books are the best books i have ever read on so many levels. I am scared to even read another book because it won’t live up to my expectations… PLEASE E.L. James!!! I NEED THEM!! (shouty capitals).

k

Posted at 2:52 AM on December 29, 2013

While I was reading Bared to You by Sylvia Day, I realized jus how much I missed Anna and Christian. They are just so different from most characters and I’d really love a sequel to fifty shades freed :D

Bama

Posted at 1:44 AM on November 23, 2013

I think she should make another book. So we can met Ana’s and Christians son and baby girl. (theodore and phoebe) I loved all the books. And I think she should make at least one more. We also won’t to met baby Ava. Elliot’s and Kate’s new baby. :3

Richard james

Posted at 7:38 AM on August 21, 2013

After i completed the first two novels,i was awed,dumb and speechless.i loved the feisty characters,james’ language.plzzz write more for the sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

Posted at 2:00 AM on June 24, 2013

I want to see more shades of Christain and the darkness that follows him. I want to know more about Elliot and hear about how his fear of Christain developed as adults. Also how aware he is as a young boy that he is bad and that his new mother should never know. I want to know why Elliot gets mad when his dad is nice to Christain and how that has marinated thru the years as adults

Laurie

Posted at 2:16 AM on June 24, 2013

No way can someone with just a haunting past, with such a serious lapse in speech and live thru his mother in his lover’s, be able to live such a generic life with Ana. That kind of stem cel is not erased.
No way is he freed
Author can take this so many ways in book 4 with Christians POV

Michelle

Posted at 6:32 PM on May 20, 2013

I would like to see if Mia and Ethan worked things out, if Ana got to be the made of honor due to her due date, how Kate and Elliot’s life is going, and definitely more on how Christian changed and that “first date” they had played over in his mind.

Cici

Posted at 5:37 PM on April 28, 2013

not to sound selfish but two books can come out!
the first one can be Christians pov
second one can be Anna pov of view of being a parent is and how the they keep the sparks going in there relationships and tell how everyone else is too!
but she can just put all of it in one book like breaking dawn i don’t mind reading a long book as long as it has my Anna and Christian.