'American Idol' Results: Did Hollie Cavanagh Survive?

Thu, May 10, 2012 8:58pm EDT by 103 Comments
Hollie Cavanagh American Idol

Another ‘American Idol’ hopeful has been eliminated and the Top 3 have been announced, but is it the Top 3 everyone expected?

Many believed that after last night’s performances on American Idol Hollie Cavanagh would be the Idol hopeful most likely in trouble. But was that the case?

Turns out, America predicted correctly. Sadly, Hollie was given the boot and officially ended her race to become the next American Idol May 10. She took the elimination really well. It was her BFF, Joshua Ledet, who was the most upset!

What do you think of tonight’s elimination? Who is your favorite right now to win? Sound off below!

[INTERVIEW] American Idol’s Hollie Cavanagh: Why Jennifer Lopez Is My Inspiration

More Idol:

1. Recap: It’s Hollie Cavanagh’s Time To Go
  2. Skylar Laine: Why I’m Relieved I’m Off ‘Idol’
  3. Results: The Most Shocking Elimination Yet?

10a fuse

Posted at 5:35 PM on June 17, 2012

I’m no longer certain where you are getting your info, but great topic. I must spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thank you for excellent information I was in search of this information for my mission.

Brazzy Hildebrand

Posted at 1:45 PM on May 23, 2012

I love you hollie cavanagh you did not desarve to go home please call me at 207-3652 this is Brazzy hildebrand age 13 and i started to sing it’s the climb the song you sang when you got voted off american Idol i love soooooo much and you should have stayed on american idol because i was crying for 6 hours straight i was so sad so please call me at 207-3652.

Juicy

Posted at 8:13 PM on May 19, 2012

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY THANK THE LORD HOLLIE IS GONE!!!!!!!!! She should have left when she was put up against Colton maybe even before! I believe that Phillip Phillips WILL win American Idol. For once the person with the most talent will win!

allea johnson

Posted at 12:55 AM on May 15, 2012

Hollie should’ve been gone weeks ago!!!!! Long before DeAndre!!

Denise Cauley

Posted at 7:34 PM on May 13, 2012

From the very first time I heard Jennifer Lopez I loved her beautiful voice!!!! I AM VOTING FOR JEMMIFER FOR THE 2012 WINNER OF AMERICAN IDOL!!! The last 6 were all good singers,But Jennifer’s voice is what I’m waiting to hear each week!!!!! Best wishes to them all!!!

lizzzyieyk

Posted at 3:13 PM on May 12, 2012

WHO HAS THE MOST VOTES RIGHT NOW?

IS THERE A WAY TO TELL??

I’M CURIOUS.

lizzzyieyk

Posted at 3:10 PM on May 12, 2012

srry spelling errors

If Jessica doesn’t win the whole thing i’m going to hate this show because …. okay i love the, guys they’re awesome but i like them mostly cuz they’re cute , and only like 25% of my love for them is cuz of their voices. So for voice I pick -Jessica. For looks I pick – Phil. And for personality I pick – Josh… WE SHALL SEE…

lizzzyieyk

Posted at 3:07 PM on May 12, 2012

If Jessica foesn’t winn the whole thing i’m going to hate this show because …. okay i live the guys they’re awsome but i like them mostly cuz they’re cut only like 25% of my love is cuz of their voices. So for voice I pick -Jessica. For looks I pick – Phil. And for personality I pick – Josh… WE SHALL SEE…

Helene Buckley

Posted at 12:43 PM on May 12, 2012

Hollie was by far the best singer. She might need a little more showmanship, but that would come with experience. Jessica is a good singer for her age, but can’t hold a candle to Hollie. Phillip is handsome & seems like a nice kid, but sure can’t sing good enough to be an Amer. Idol. At this point I sincerely hope Joshua wins. He seems to have it all, good voice & great showmanship. Idealy I would have liked to see Hollie & Joshua come in 1st & 2nd place, with either being first.

job after college

Posted at 12:13 PM on May 12, 2012

Thank you for any other informative web site. Where else may just I get that type of information written in such a perfect approach? I have a undertaking that I am simply now running on, and I have been at the look out for such information.

Sophie

Posted at 10:24 AM on May 12, 2012

Hollie was my fave but since she’s eliminated, jessica for the title of american idol :D

Sue

Posted at 12:33 AM on May 12, 2012

I am very upset with American Idol this year! Why is it every week only one of the contestants gets a standing ovation? It really makes you wander why we even watch this show anymore it seems it is fixed and the judges and producers knew who they wanted to win all along! VERY DISAPPOINTED and may be the last year I ever watch this show again it is very upsetting because this was always the show my family and I looked forward to watching together every year. Maybe we just need new JUDGES. I have to agree some of the other comments posted that it is becoming a JOKE!

Generalsfan1

Posted at 6:04 PM on May 11, 2012

As usual Idol has turned into the hottest person not singer contest. Phillip should have been eliminated during Hollywood week….yes he is different but who listens to the street performer music anymore…..very disapointed.

Bonnie

Posted at 2:59 PM on May 11, 2012

Holly You got my vote’s Every week I love your voice NOT the Yelling and screaming But a nice singing voice.Our whole group had our hope for winner cut in half we were rooting for Josh and you I also Like skyer But your voice was music And your last song brought Tears I seen all the
feeling and felt it.I and many were SORRY to see you go But hope you keep on singing.I think them judges got it WRONG this year Big time.Yes Jessic can Yell but is that a pretty sound NO and Phillip One can’t watch him and he kills every song and I mean Kills Wreaks a good song with his ideas.