'Vampire Diaries' Finale: Who Ships Elena With Stefan Or Damon In Mystic Falls?

Tue, May 8, 2012 4:23pm EDT by 119 Comments
Posted Tue, May 8, 2012 4:23pm EDT

Browse our gallery to see which ‘Vampire Diaries’ characters want Elena with Stefan or Damon — then tell us which side YOU’RE on!

The moment Vampire Diaries fans have been waiting three long years for is almost upon us: The May 10 season finale will finally force Elena (Nina Dobrev) to choose between Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder). And while fans have been dangerously vocal on the subject since day one, only recently have the good people of Mystic Falls started offering up their two cents.

So who in Elena’s life is telling her to stick with Stefan, and who is telling her to take a walk on the wild side with Damon?

OK, now that you know who Elena’s friends — and frenemies — want her to be with, it’s time to cast YOUR vote! Claim your Salvatore-of-choice below, then drop a comment explaining why:

— Andy Swift

ld

Posted at 10:41 AM on May 21, 2012

We want Damon and Elena

Zdenka

Posted at 2:46 PM on May 18, 2012

* mistake: why I started watching this show

Zdenka

Posted at 2:44 PM on May 18, 2012

If I wanted Stefan and Elena romance I’d watch stupid Twilight. I’ll always love Damon and Elena because they’re the reason why I love this show and the reason why I started to watching this show. Because they are INTERESTING. No matter how many times Julie Plec will write boring Stefan and Elena.

team stefan

Posted at 6:58 AM on May 16, 2012

team stefannnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley

Posted at 4:41 AM on May 15, 2012

Its so sad that DElusional DEers think true love is based on a guy being super hot. Also, sleeping with your mom, friend, doppelganger is the perfect example of true love. I would hands down choose boring and safe than a person who is controlling and won’t let u make any decisions on your own. Good luck in life with that d bag. Haters are just hating cos it’s always gonna be Stefan. LOL.

CC

Posted at 5:08 PM on May 15, 2012

Its so sad that YOU are so delusional that you cant see any of Stefan’s faults.

Jamila

Posted at 11:15 PM on May 13, 2012

TEAM STELENA FOREVER!!

Abby...

Posted at 7:31 PM on May 13, 2012

come on, okay for equality, let’s choose
DAMON!!!! HAHAHA

thea

Posted at 3:19 PM on May 13, 2012

okay this is wrong. bonnie-we have NO idea who she ships, i actually think damon is growing on her. idk but i doubt she ships that guy who tried to drive her bff off a bridge. jeremey-i actually think he ships DE now after talking to rose, but like before-he never said who he ships so idk. katherine-she said it was OK to love them both-she didnt say she shipped them both. remember- “its a good thing you have damon to keep you company.” this review is annoying, everyone who you dont know if they ship de or se you assume se :p

damon

Posted at 12:44 PM on May 13, 2012

Im team Damon :)

LAURA

Posted at 2:17 PM on May 12, 2012

I WAS SO UPSET WHEN SHE PICKED STEFAN. BUT I DID FEEL BETTER AFTER THE LAST 15 MIN. OF THE SHOW… I LOVE THE SHOW… I’M TEAM DAMON ALL THE WAY !!

Grace

Posted at 11:44 AM on May 11, 2012

I think I doomed when Elena picked Stefan. But my hope rised up when we finally know that Elena met Damon first. the very reason I’m still gonna watch season 4 is because there’s hope for Delena. Elena, please choose Damon!

Johnna

Posted at 7:02 PM on May 10, 2012

I love Damon and Elena’s passion, and I realize Elena isn’t a teenager anymore but I seriously adore boys like Stefan. He’s sweet, protective, kind and a good natured soul. Yeah some of you will ship Delena but my heart goes for Stelena. I can see Elena loves Damon but she still loves Stefan. Who knows maybe she’ll choice neither of them and go back to Matt? Who knows its all about the twists. Anyways it’s her choice and I’ll understand her choice is what she feels is best for her and her family. If she wants to be with Damon or Stefan alone.. She loses one of the brothers. She doesn’t want that, so my hunch is she’ll either, A: choose one of the brothers or B: neither. It’s all up to Elena at this point. I like both of the brothers but my heart will always fall for Stefan…..

jenny

Posted at 10:41 AM on May 10, 2012

can someone tell me in season finale elena choose damon or stefan?

shawty

Posted at 9:23 PM on May 10, 2012

She picks stefan

Simmmy

Posted at 6:33 PM on May 11, 2012

She chooses Stefan in the season finale

grace

Posted at 9:52 AM on May 10, 2012

i just don’t get how stelena fans can keep insisting that stefan is elena’s one true epic love and all she feels for damon is lust, passion or just a fling. take your delusion of stefan and elena out of the equation and say you have a boyfriend..and your boyfriend has all these thoughts and desires for someone else and that this other person has gotten under their skin and no matter what,he just can’t shake that other person. then your boyfriend kisses this girl like elena kissed damon and has that same look of WOW on their face that elena had. maybe he just wants to “have a fling” like some say elena does with damon. your epic soulmate of a boyfriend can’t tell you that he doesn’t have feelings for this girl and that he needs time to figure things out. what kind of dumb ass would you be to not realize that maybe it’s time to move on and that if you really were enough for your boyfriend that there would be no question what so ever in his mind where and who he wants to be with. you need to realize at some point that something was missing from your relationship amd becuz something was obviously missing that perhaps the relationship has run it’s coarse and the best thing to do is move on!!

Elle

Posted at 10:28 PM on May 9, 2012

Please check out the Vampire Diaries Tag I did on my youtube channel and consider subscribing! I also filmed a tutorial on Elena’s makeup and fashion a few months ago. Thanks! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bof75RnR3yI

molly

Posted at 9:05 PM on May 9, 2012

she should be with stefan. stefan is the one who came to mystic falls for elena. he has done everything to protect her. damon originally just came to ruin stefan’s life! he did so many things that hurt elena! he caused her so much pain. although i really love how she has changed damon and how he is now better because he loves her. but lets be real. if stefan never left (which he did for damon anyways) then damon would never be in the picture. i STILL LOVE DAMON! but i just think elena and damon arent meant to be. damon needs someone who will always love him and who is more bad-ass (not that elena isnt haha) elena just isnt really his type. and to all you delena shippers i still love them! its just they wont last in the long run!

Jessica

Posted at 12:55 PM on May 11, 2012

Although I agree that she will end up with Stefan, I also think that Damon is what she needs right now. Stefan is good for her and he always will be but Damon challenges her in ways she could never have expected and I think she needs that in her life right now. Especially with everything that’s going on. I also agree with you that they won’t last in the long run and, to be honest, I would have been surprised if she had chosen him in last night’s episode but I still think they need to go out. If not, Elena would always wonder ‘what could’ve been’ and she needs to get past that if she’s going to be with Stefan forever.
I really like Delena and how they change each other. She makes him a better ‘person’ but he also makes her spontaneous. He challenges her and she makes him think twice about certain things.
Personally, I wanted her with Matt. She could have the live she always wanted with him. A normal one.
That’s all I have to say :P

teena

Posted at 7:54 PM on May 9, 2012

don’t know with how many girls damon has slept with,do we want anyone for elena like him…yuckkk

sterliophod

Posted at 5:40 AM on May 12, 2012

no offense but its not like stefan is THAT innocent either. He too has probably slept with many girls in his lifetime. idjet.

Ashley

Posted at 7:53 PM on May 9, 2012

It should and will be Damon, end of story. After three years of gradually building to it and with Elena’s growth arc this season Damon is the only choice that makes sense.

Blossom

Posted at 7:51 PM on May 9, 2012

it has to be stefan,he is her true love,come on elena…there is nothing to be confused first of all,she always and will always love stefan:D

hjklghakjshklg

Posted at 5:46 AM on May 12, 2012

“He is her true love..” seriously… no seriously, where did you get that idea. Is it because she always states that she loves stefan etc. gosh think about it she can love stefan but that doesnt mean that he is her “true love” you sound like a five year old thats obsessed with fairy tales. btw im a stelena shipper but you just make us sound stupid.

me

Posted at 12:53 PM on May 13, 2012

thats because stelena IS stupid.

delena

Posted at 6:30 PM on May 9, 2012

The only constant in life is CHANGE. Elena is changing and growing with Damon, while Stefan holds her back to the girl that lost her parents, Stefan is her teenage love, but she’s NOT a teenager anymore. Elena and Damon are without a doubt the best couple or potential pairing I’ve ever witnessed. There’s a reason they are so popular. Their buil up and the intensity in their glances, and touches… She balances him and he ignites her passionate side. It’s the kind of foundation wich lasting relationships grow, from hate to understanding, from friendship to love, it’s become an unbreakable foundation.

Lana

Posted at 6:04 PM on May 9, 2012

I BELIEVE THAT STEFAN IS THE CORRECT CHOICE FOR ELENA BECAUSE IT WAS HIM SHE ALWAYS LOVE AND WILL EVER LOVE. SHE ONLY HAS FEELINGS FOR DAMON BECAUSE STEFAN WAS NOT AROUND. NOW THAT THEY ARE BOTH AROUND SHE DON’T WANNA MAKE DAMON FEEL BAD BUT DEEP DOWN SHE REALLY LOVES STEFAN. DAMON IS JUST A FLING OR A LUST PARTNER

lila

Posted at 7:07 PM on May 9, 2012

I don’t believe typing in all caps is going to do much. Be mature.

DELENA

Posted at 9:05 AM on May 10, 2012

r u slow? why would you lust after some1(damon)if u r really completely in love with some1 else(stefan)? obviously she is lacking completion in her relationship with stefan which would tell me HE IS NOT HER EPIC LOVE!!

me

Posted at 12:50 PM on May 13, 2012

@delena is right! elena needs to move on and stefan is holding her back. he was a sweet teenage love but she needs to move on! damon makes her live, makes her question her life. rose was right. with damon, elena could be the fun girl that lived and flirted again, like a normal teenager. with stefan, she has grown like used to brooding and being stressed and serious all the time. she’s 18. she cant be like that. they balance each other out: elena makes damon care and damon makes elena live. on youtube, i saw some stelena lovers comment on the 3×19 delena kiss and they’d switched to delena! how awesome, right?! delena forever <3 oh, and @lana, capital letters do not make you sound mature.

Jessie

Posted at 1:19 PM on May 9, 2012

DE>ENA FOREVER AND ALWAYS !! THAT`S TRUE LOVE BITCHEZ !!

Delena forever

Posted at 11:01 AM on May 9, 2012

It has to be Damon he has helped her over the last season become a better person like rose said Damon changes her gives her excitement something that Elena needs whereas stevan doesn’t she can predict everything, I know what I’d prefer definitely Damon there is no other way, I mean if she picks Stevan what has the last season been for, it’s only right to give Damon I chance! Everyone keep your fingers crossed for the finale for team delena!

ZƐƏƞA

Posted at 10:04 AM on May 9, 2012

*Why Damon??

I mean COME ON !!* whO knowz who she’s going
TOo chOose it Might be Matt .. Or she will choose just to be on her own
But from my point of View STELENA STELENA STELENA !!*

AaaaaRg* We Just have tO wait and See what HappenZ*

Posted at 9:26 AM on May 9, 2012

TEAM STELENA all the way!!