Why Does Christina Aguilera Hate Tony Lucca On 'The Voice'?

Tue, May 8, 2012 12:25pm EST by 164 Comments

Christina has been irrationally cruel to Tony all season, and he knows she’s out to get him!

Did I miss something on The Voice this season? Did Tony Lucca drown Christina Aguilera‘s puppy, or punch her grandma, or steal her lunch money? The show’s meanest coach has been inexplicably hating on the fan-favorite finalist since day one, and her wrath came out so strongly May 7 that Adam Levine reportedly had to step in and shut her down!

Christina was said to be offended by Tony’s decision to sing Jay-Z‘s “99 Problems,” leading to a pre-show clash with Adam, who nobly stepped up to bat for his artist. Adam publicly squashed the feud by baring a “Team Xtina” shirt during the live show, but Christina wasn’t ready to make nice as easily.

“Your beautiful wife and your daughter and family are here tonight, and I just thought the lyrical connotation was a little derogatory towards women,” she told Tony after his performance, though she did acknowledge he “sounded great.” Christina was also nowhere to be seen when Adam and Tony performed their duet.

I’m sorry, but since when is Christina a shining beacon of female empowerment? And what exactly would she choose as an anthem for her cause? “Dirrty”? Because I’m pretty sure that little chart topper — and its accompanying music video, rife with ass-less chaps — represented women in the worst light possible.

And this was merely the latest in a long line of disses Christina served to Tony throughout the season. It began when she didn’t recognize him during his audition, despite starring alongside him in The Mickey Mouse Club for two years in the ’90s, the continued as she delivered harsh, irrational critiques of his performances.

“I hope this is really a contest about the voice,” Christina said one week. “I think there are just better voices on the show, rather than a celebrity sway kind of thing.” She’s also accused Tony of being a one-note performer.

“All of the other coaches have been pretty respectful about each other’s choices, but now it seems like she’s just flat-out trying to get me out of here,” Tony told People earlier this month.

I don’t know what Christina’s problem is, but it’s clear she’s not on Team Tony. I know it, the viewers know it, and worst of all, Tony knows it. But will her endless tirade against her fellow Mouseketeer cost him the competition? We’ll find out tonight when The Voice crowns the winner of season two!

Find out who was crowned the winner in ‘The Voice’ Season 2 Finale!

— Andy Swift

Loading video...

More Voice News:

1. Cee Lo Green, You’re So Brave For Admitting You Farted On ‘The Voice’
  2. Christina Aguilera Gives Justin Bieber Evil Eye On ‘The Voice’
  3. Justin Bieber Debuts ‘Boyfriend’ Music Video Clip On ‘The Voice’

Sis

Posted at 12:18 PM on May 11, 2012

Christina is extremely nasty when she doesn’t get her way. Very immature for her age. I’m not sure why she didn’t like Tony Lucca but she made it obvious from day one and it had nothing to do with his singing. I think the last two standing were the best singers so we all could have done without her mean girl attitude and still had the same results. She just made a a** out of herself again.

Cheryl

Posted at 12:11 PM on May 11, 2012

Why is it that Christina always seems to show so much skin? Her choice of the few small items of clothing are not working in her favor, some times more (skin) equals LESS!

Sis

Posted at 12:21 PM on May 11, 2012

One more thing, it was BEYOND RUDE that Christina was texting during Tony’s performance !!!!! There was just no excuse for it.

kelly chase

Posted at 11:51 AM on May 11, 2012

I too will not watch it if shes a judge again . It is sad too . I really like the other judges that seem to put alot into thier responsibility Its the only show my 10 year old andI can watch together , and we always looked forward to it coming on .The Tony Luca thing , I could care less about . What happeded to her being a judge and not just the DIVA who still thinks she a size 4…….come on girl its a 14 now , lets get real. She acts like a spoiled child when she doesnt get her way . I hope Im not the only one who sees her this way . Ireally used to like her . She can sing , but shes not the only one ….I guess in her world it is !!

Mychel

Posted at 7:47 AM on May 11, 2012

i will NEVER see The Voice again as long as Christina is part of it

Moogs

Posted at 5:04 AM on May 11, 2012

I back Christina up for her actions. Why? Tony Lucca came to The Voice with a ton of fans. He has half a million Twitter followers! It’s been his fans that have pushed him through the ranks and threatened to crown him best Voice. All this despite his mediocre performances. The guy can’t hold a note. That’s why Christian said she wanted the competition to be about voice and NOT about celebrity. I’m so glad he didn’t win.

mjameliah

Posted at 2:21 AM on May 11, 2012

Christina is such a sweet heart i am sure her intension were not to be mean to tony , she was just giving him her honest opinion which is why she is on the show to do ,not to sugar coat or pick a fav like adam did over talent.i am so sick of the Christina hates tony and Adam beef . it is really getting old .i think it is very fake and childish.i don’t think she hates him.why would she hate him ????.

i am not a Christina fan i was a little
shock at first little upset about wat she said to tony but as time got by i released she did have a point.
tony was the same every week he didn’t show any different he was just one way i and found him boring and that is probably why she said he was 1 dimensional , as for the celebrity sway thing you can’t honest say that she wasn’t right . tony has being trying for year to make it he has 7 albums and all of them where a flop, he has been drop from record deal case they didn’t see him as process.

i am not saying that coming on the voice and sharing his i knew Christina and was in mmc story was to get more votes and with Justin telling his fans to vote for “my man but it did seem that way.

as for Christina outfits . i think she can wear what ever she wants to wear , people make to much of a deal with what celebs wear like gaga and Rhianna they get so heated up about their chose of clothing. it is just ridiculous and stupid . you can stop so why keep talking about it they are going to do wat hye wanna do .

Rebecca

Posted at 2:10 AM on May 11, 2012

I used to like Christina, but now I don’t. I hope the show’s producers replaces her with another female singer next season.

Carol

Posted at 6:30 PM on May 10, 2012

Christina should be ashamed of herself. The Voice should look for a new judge for the next season. So unprofessional… but what would you expect from someone who feels the need to have her chest hanging out of her dress. It wasn’t sexy… she looked like a pig.

Summer

Posted at 5:28 PM on May 10, 2012

Now, I understand why she acted like that when bieber was there, but that other dude didn’t deserve to be treated like that by chistina.

CherylBudden

Posted at 6:49 PM on May 10, 2012

Hi Everyone, I don’t like the way she presented herself and the way Christina Dressed, She was dressing like a cheap Whore!! Christina is not Skinny like she was in the past she’s very heavy to say the least!! Christina get some Self respect and that’s the truth!!!!! Christina you have a child of your own Max, Shame on you!!!! Put some cloths on and stop dressing like your a young Kelly Osbourne!!!!!! The Voice needs to fire her for disrespecting for everyone that worked so hard on this show. Christine is disgusting Lady!!!!!!!!! I am a fan of Adam Levine (Maroon 5 front man)

Teresa

Posted at 4:43 AM on May 11, 2012

how do you understand why she was so cold to JB? im confused???

Lauren

Posted at 11:23 AM on May 10, 2012

Christina A. was downright rude, mean-spirited, self centered and unprofessional putting Tony Lucca down on the show. She talks about portraying women??? Look at what she wears? come on people – she wears her cleavage on her forehead and panties for slacks? THAT is what is derogatory for women. she is trash in my book, only screams and doesn’t sing, would never buy her “record”, and won’t watch the show again if she is back. Said it.

marcelo.

Posted at 12:19 PM on May 10, 2012

YOU ARE downright rude, mean-spirit, self centered and just stupid for saying this things about Christina, she just did one comment, but Adam and Tony tried to maximize this to make some noise, because Tony is nothing against the other competitors.
It is not Xtina’s fault if Adam and Tony fooled you and America to think Xtina is the biggest bitch, cause she is not. She is pure talent, and her comment about Luca’s performances made him more ecletic..

Sam

Posted at 11:01 AM on May 10, 2012

fake

macias9

Posted at 6:43 AM on May 10, 2012

like Arthur replied I am shocked that a student able to earn $9035 in four weeks on the internet. have you seen this web link N u t t y R i c h dotcom

alfred mello

Posted at 12:06 AM on May 10, 2012

What a loser

Nick

Posted at 11:20 PM on May 9, 2012

Oh my, hopefully The Voice will have the good sense to replace Christina as judge. She probably is a good coach but terribly disrespectful as a judge.

tanya

Posted at 7:00 PM on May 9, 2012

christina, have a decency to yourself and people around you

oz

Posted at 5:07 PM on May 9, 2012

yes..the jesse campbell thing shocked me too. something is off…theres something spiteful about christina….

Cheryl Budden

Posted at 6:54 PM on May 10, 2012

Jesse Campbell should of been there until the end like Tony Lucca not fair at all!!! Christina gotta go Yo!!

Brian Grosvold

Posted at 4:23 PM on May 9, 2012

I would like to know the real story behind Jesse Campbell (the man to beat) being let go by Christina. He would have been her top contestant and a worthy final four opponent easily. Then not even on the finale with everyone else…there is a big story that needs to be told there…no disrespect to Chris!

Anonymouss

Posted at 3:29 PM on May 9, 2012

Christina became really mean to tony.. but of set, she is a sweetheart. Her and juliet simms have bonded and juliet loves christina.

me

Posted at 9:33 PM on May 9, 2012

Christina, stop tyring to post things about yourself being a sweatheart.

being blatantly disrespectful and rude to anyone does not constitute a sweatheart.

You are a shame to all women and a poor excuse of a human being. I sure hope your son is disgusted with you when he sees these recordings of you one day!

mboomer

Posted at 2:42 PM on May 9, 2012

She was out of line acting up like a diva, not very professional and that is what the public saw about her.
I was a fan of hers…….not anymore, I bought the cd from
burlesque and that is my last buy. Tony was very classy, never lost his cool. Also she need a stylist the outfit that she wore last night made her looking like a cheap whore. No professional, mature singer/mother should be seeing with such an outfit. Christina…get a life. MB

Lisa K

Posted at 12:53 PM on May 9, 2012

I’ve been really disappointed the whole season with Christina. I didn’t realize she was that rude or unprofessional. I got tired of her breasts hanging out the entire season, her wearing really inappropriate outfits at times, criticizing Tony every chance she got. He’s very talented and there wasn’t once that she truly gave him constructive criticism. She was rude to his family by her so-called “indirect” slams………..I thought he handled it with style and grace. Good for him. When she ran up on stage and hugged Chris Mann and said “now this is a real man”…..I thought that was horrible to say in front of his family and having no facts to back up her insecurities about what she thought his song was referring too. Whatever the deal is between her and Tony – she’s lost a lot of respect from the public by her childish behavior. As for role models……she is a hypocrite. Listen to her songs, watch her videos…..what kind of role model is she again??

I’d prefer she didn’t be a judge on the show next season. She wears all these weird cinderella outfits……..how old is she again? There would be people on stage giving heart felt comments about the show, their experience and what was she doing? Texting, hanging on her phone….who knows what else, but it’s rude. I don’t care how great she can sing, she’s become very arrogant and full of herself. If she’s on the show next year, I’m not sure I will watch. Cee Lo, Blake and Adam are awesome. Very kind to people, very construction and fun. Her Diva role is getting old and tiresome. Very annoying.

Kai

Posted at 2:37 PM on May 9, 2012

Well said. I know for a fact, if she is a judge next season. I will not watch.. I am done with Christina Aguilera. I had not idea she was so immature. And about Tony being derogatory, he didn’t even say the word. She walk on stage with her butt cheeks hanging out like a stripper in 5″ heels. Her breast are alway half out. When she was singing the Prayer with Chris Mann, I swore her breasts would pop out of her dress. She needs therapy to get to the source of her anger.

Sally Smart

Posted at 12:21 PM on May 9, 2012

Christina acts like a jilted lover in her constant ridicule of Tony Lucca. She’s got NO room to talk about being one dimensional. She’s nothing but a fake, plastic b!t@h who needs to put some pants on instead of running around in public in her underwear showing off her fat @$$.

Meri

Posted at 12:02 PM on May 9, 2012

She was totally off base about him. Tony was perhaps not the most versatile of the bunch, but he was far from being the most one-dimensional, as she said. Why didn’t she bring this up with Erin Martin (who she actually said positive about on the night she first attacked Tony) or a few others that deserved it more? He actually started surprising me after that, so she’s definitely WRONG about him. This was not constructive criticism folks, it was bordering on bullying. Furthermore, her appalling behaviour screwed her own finalist. She needs to go so that the show can go back to being what it should be about – talent!

nancyab058

Posted at 11:28 AM on May 9, 2012

I think Christina’s constant dissing of Adam’s #1 contestant hurt her #1 contestant even more. He came in last and I think that had more to do with Christina’s attitude than it did his singing. She should have been professional and acted accordingly. She screwed up and screwed her contestant too.

Jewels

Posted at 11:15 AM on May 9, 2012

I’m soooooo happy Tony Lucca got more votes than Xtina’s finalist, even though I’m a Chris Mann’s fan, and for a minute I thought he would take the whole thing. I just can’t stand this bitch. She probably had a crush on Tony when they were kids and she hasn’t been able to get over it!!!!

nancyab058

Posted at 11:02 AM on May 9, 2012

I didn’t know what was going on with Christina and Tony. Bad history? I know that Christina dissed Tony every chance she got. She didn’t think he was that good yet she thought her second place contestant was great. WTH? That girl sucked. I’m so glad Adam picked Tony in spite of Christina.

Sixleen

Posted at 2:34 PM on May 9, 2012

You are absolutely right. Lindsay did suck, she had her moments but she wasnt good enough to be one of the last two standing (on her team)
I love Christina but I think she lost track of her priorities this season.

Cheryl Budden

Posted at 6:59 PM on May 10, 2012

Lindsay Sucked Big Time never liked her, It was wrong Jesse should of been there until the end wrong move on Christina’s part!!! Christina if she is there nexted season I will not watch the show, It’s suppose to be a Family show not a Nude Show!!!!

ITdont Matter

Posted at 5:25 PM on May 12, 2012

haters haters haters. Christina you are beautiful no matter what they say… I love you girl. You know what you are talking about and people only say things cause one. They cant look like you, sing like you, dress like you and they are at home watching you hold down the show from their couchs. Never stop being you. You are a female icon to sooo many. Notice, the people saying things are fans of Tony…Kinda says it all haha. I got you girl!