Why Does Christina Aguilera Hate Tony Lucca On 'The Voice'?

Tue, May 8, 2012 12:25pm EDT by 164 Comments

Christina has been irrationally cruel to Tony all season, and he knows she’s out to get him!

Did I miss something on The Voice this season? Did Tony Lucca drown Christina Aguilera‘s puppy, or punch her grandma, or steal her lunch money? The show’s meanest coach has been inexplicably hating on the fan-favorite finalist since day one, and her wrath came out so strongly May 7 that Adam Levine reportedly had to step in and shut her down!

Christina was said to be offended by Tony’s decision to sing Jay-Z‘s “99 Problems,” leading to a pre-show clash with Adam, who nobly stepped up to bat for his artist. Adam publicly squashed the feud by baring a “Team Xtina” shirt during the live show, but Christina wasn’t ready to make nice as easily.

“Your beautiful wife and your daughter and family are here tonight, and I just thought the lyrical connotation was a little derogatory towards women,” she told Tony after his performance, though she did acknowledge he “sounded great.” Christina was also nowhere to be seen when Adam and Tony performed their duet.

I’m sorry, but since when is Christina a shining beacon of female empowerment? And what exactly would she choose as an anthem for her cause? “Dirrty”? Because I’m pretty sure that little chart topper — and its accompanying music video, rife with ass-less chaps — represented women in the worst light possible.

And this was merely the latest in a long line of disses Christina served to Tony throughout the season. It began when she didn’t recognize him during his audition, despite starring alongside him in The Mickey Mouse Club for two years in the ’90s, the continued as she delivered harsh, irrational critiques of his performances.

“I hope this is really a contest about the voice,” Christina said one week. “I think there are just better voices on the show, rather than a celebrity sway kind of thing.” She’s also accused Tony of being a one-note performer.

“All of the other coaches have been pretty respectful about each other’s choices, but now it seems like she’s just flat-out trying to get me out of here,” Tony told People earlier this month.

I don’t know what Christina’s problem is, but it’s clear she’s not on Team Tony. I know it, the viewers know it, and worst of all, Tony knows it. But will her endless tirade against her fellow Mouseketeer cost him the competition? We’ll find out tonight when The Voice crowns the winner of season two!

Find out who was crowned the winner in ‘The Voice’ Season 2 Finale!

— Andy Swift

Loading video...

More Voice News:

1. Cee Lo Green, You’re So Brave For Admitting You Farted On ‘The Voice’
  2. Christina Aguilera Gives Justin Bieber Evil Eye On ‘The Voice’
  3. Justin Bieber Debuts ‘Boyfriend’ Music Video Clip On ‘The Voice’

sammie

Posted at 10:54 AM on May 9, 2012

I’m sorry but you must have an excellent memory if you can remember a face from your younger days to the age that you are now. If someone I knew back when I was 10 y/o that I haven’t seen for several years show up, I can tell you for a fact I wouldn’t notice. I highly doubt Justin or JC would remember him either if they didn’t say he was from MMC.

P.S If it was meant to be a family show, then DWTS is cartoon for kids too since they’re practically naked and grinding on each other. But I can assure you that if she was a size 0 wearing what she does, there wouldn’t be a problem.

Amy

Posted at 10:19 AM on May 9, 2012

Prior to the show I was a Tony Lucca fan. I own 2 of his albums. That being said, after watching this season I think he’s a total dbag.

His performance that got the one dimensional comment from her was boring. And after Adam won last season because he had Justin Bieber tweet all his friends to vote for Javier, the comment about Justin Timberlake was valid too.

And it is 100% misogynist to dedicate 99 Problems to her. Of course because of the world we live in, she’s only a bigger bitch for pointing that out.

Fighter
Can’t Hold Us Down
Beautiful

I don’t know much Christina songs outside from her singles, but I’d say it’s safe to say Girl Power is not new to her.

steve d.

Posted at 9:36 AM on May 9, 2012

The Voice is a great show! Great idea by Christina. However, after her “immature” insults towards Tony Lucca throughout the entire show, she should be ashamed of herself. Here is someone trying to make it as a singer with all of the hard work that has been put forth and the “owner” of the show, shows her “true colors” as a person. Christina, you “defamed” Tony’s character May 7. But, in reality, you showed yours. In my opinion, you are a hypocrite and far from a classy, sophisticated woman. Look at your career and look at the way you dress for a “family” show. Christina owes Tony a public apology face-to-face. In fact, she should dismiss herself as a coach from the show. If not, the show has lost a fan and a viewer.
Blake Shelton and Adam Levine are great coaches and makes the show entertaining…keep it up guys!

Pat Boone

Posted at 8:43 AM on May 9, 2012

I would love to see Christina A get booted off the show. If she is there next season I won’t be watching it. I think her problems with Tony are “Her” problems and have no place on a show like this. I also think her wardrobe is slutty for a (Family) show like this also. The PROFANITY is enough on this show but her nudity (Which ain’t all that) is over the top. I hope the producers get their act(s) together and get her out!!

marzo

Posted at 12:16 PM on May 9, 2012

I agree with the comments on Christina’s wardrobe. They were inappropriate. I was appalled with the half nudity. She was always the dissenting voice on the voice. Criticism seemed more like attacks on the contestants. She as the only female on the show should have shown some class. Disappointed. I thought I was the only one insulted by her wardrobe.

Fran

Posted at 6:23 AM on May 9, 2012

Wow! How ridiculous! Christina doesn’t hate him, she has never been rude to him, the 1Dimensional comment wasn’t that bad, and she was actually right, he isn’t versatil, he always sings the same kind of songs. In fact, it’s him who seem to hate her, since that 1dimensional comment happened, he’s been dissing her, to the point that he tried to call her a bitch with that ’99 problems’ song, it was pretty obvious… A shame that she gets all the hate when she clearly doesn’t deserve it, and the ones who should be hated are praised (even though they show their misogynist behaviour on tv)
As, I’ve said, she doesn’t hate him, but even if she did, she has all the reasons to do so, because he’s talked shit about her.

Roger Sanchez

Posted at 5:28 AM on May 9, 2012

Well, she’s jealous because he’s hotter than she is – and he’s able to be hotter than her without being (‘Dirrty’) slutty…

Alyssa

Posted at 2:26 AM on May 9, 2012

I agree with most of these comments but Tony Lucca DOES have a daughter. They showed her once, but she’s fairly young, so they usually show his son. Christina’s rude but I don’t think she’s even that stupid.

Kai

Posted at 2:42 PM on May 9, 2012

Yes, but his daughter wasn’t there the night she was referring to Tony’s performance being derogatory. It was only his wife and son.

Jennifer

Posted at 9:59 PM on May 9, 2012

She was too busy texting to know a boy from a girl, I assume.

Sandy Koza

Posted at 12:50 PM on May 10, 2012

I am so glad you picked up on that. I dont think the media even did. I saw it and thought she is just a B????. She has been nasty to Tony and I felt for his family as well.

Sandy Koza

Posted at 12:55 PM on May 10, 2012

The media did not even pick it up.

luccasucksa

Posted at 2:08 AM on May 9, 2012

Christina may be a b*tch but she’s an artist who has true merit. Everything she says about Tony Lucca IS true. He manages to turn every song he sings one dimensional and a caricature of the original. Lucca has no artistic sensibility. His artistic choices are quite frankly vulgar and nauseate me. Every song he’s chosen to sing since the show that Christina called him “one-dimensional” has been directed towards Christina and showcases his poor intent, rather than his own artistic integrity. He’s just an angry, bitter 36 year old because his fellow mousketeers went on to be incredibly successful and he’s been pathetically singing in bars and clubs for the past 20 years.

sammie

Posted at 10:56 AM on May 9, 2012

100% agree w/ you .. America just wasn’t paying much a attention. Not to say that Christina was playing nice either. But of all the coaches, Christina is the only one I would consider to be a true judge of singing b/c let’s face it Adam can’t sing for shit.

Ira Fuse

Posted at 12:58 AM on May 9, 2012

OK Girls & Boys- let’s calm down 2 hysterycal. it is Obvious, Christina & Tony have something in their past which has left some hostility between them behind…but it is None Of Our Business! So whatever bad blood might be between them– “Let It Be”…Why should Anyone Else Care; Or Be Concerned??? Let’s just hope they can work out, whatever animosity is between them, as the mature adults they are. ;)
Don’t You think, with a little space and privacy, they might be able to do just that??? Pray 4 Peace. <3 <3 <3

Love- Ira

cameron

Posted at 11:04 PM on May 8, 2012

you’re stupid. “when has christina been a beacon of female empowerment?” how bout her songs “fighter” or “can’t hold us down”? you mention one song, “dirrty” which is about her being fun and bad, but not the COUNTLESS other songs about women empowerment. i only named two, there are 5-6 more. you’re ignorant, and clearly just dont like christina aguilera, so you write a lame hollywood article which isn’t even REAL NEWS. get a life and report real news.

Kira

Posted at 11:36 PM on May 8, 2012

When has this site every reported anything but gossip?

ash888

Posted at 12:43 PM on May 9, 2012

hahaha no YOU’RE stupid. Did you see her outfit at the finale? She was wearing underwear!!! And she’s always wearing tops where her boobs are falling out on what is a FAMILY show. she is the one degrading women and herself with her layers of makeup and slutty outfits. Atleast Tony censored the word ‘bitch’, if only Christina had censored her boobs and ass.

Rob

Posted at 10:54 PM on May 8, 2012

What a Bitch!!! I think she is a bad choice for a coach on this show. She is always trying to make everything about her. Christina……We dont care what you think…. So please leave Tony alone and just shut the F*(k up!!!!

Spooksrocky

Posted at 1:10 AM on May 9, 2012

Amen. She is annoying 90% of the time and it’s always about her. The show would be better without her.

Johnny

Posted at 10:16 PM on May 8, 2012

Yes, the answer to her negative criticism lies way back in the Mickey Mouse Club. As nobie puts it, Xtina was most likely in love with Tony and they probably fooled around a bit and then he brushed her off and she never got over it, so now she feels she can shame him on public tv cuz she is still hurting as that little girl who never got her man. Now they’re both older and their careers have flipped: she’s now started a family (but dumped the papa) and Tony is looking for the limelight. Whatever it is, Tony should dish it after the finale so the whole world will realize how childish Xtina really is.

Mic

Posted at 2:34 AM on May 9, 2012

I certainly hope they didn’t “fool around a bit” during their Mickey Mouse Club days… considering Tony would have been going on 18 while Christina was only 13… That’s sickening!

Kai

Posted at 2:47 PM on May 9, 2012

Yea he brushed her off to kick it with Britney Spears.

Mike

Posted at 9:40 PM on May 8, 2012

Christiana is nothing but a B@tch and who really cares what she has to say she should shut her c@cker sucker or go back to the corner she belongs at

Mizkiyah

Posted at 9:13 PM on May 8, 2012

The way that Christina has been treating Tony through out the season, you dam right that song was about her and I LOVE IT! He is essentially saying…I have a lot on my plate, my talent, my family and my dream and you trying to minimize my efforts and growth in my craft… I have 99 problems and BITCH you aint one! Only real bitches get offend by the metaphor. Karma a bitch, heard of that one.

I use to like Christina, but she’s no role model for women. She shows little girls to wear their tits out every chance, get a fake tan, fake straw blonde hair and to tight clothes, to show off every roll, including the girdle roll. No, not hating her for her weight I defend her weight as well, but I don’t defend someone being nasty and then giving a back handed comment, but you sound great!

The disrespect comes from Christina when she called his “SON” a daughter and didn’t correct herself. And went backstage during auditions, while his wife and kids were with him and the first thing to come out of her mouth… “Brittany had the biggest crush on you.” Um, that’s disrespect to his Wife and Daughter, I mean Son. Was it really Christina? Is she upset because Tony is happy with his life? I don’t know, but for sure Christina need to get one.

In fact, the crowd was into his rendition of “99 problems” did you not here the girl in the crowd end the song! Classic, I can’t say the same for “Chris boring the freak out of me Mann”, no he’s not a real man he’s just a man that allow you to control him. BTW Chris does have an awesome voice, but not for pop. You can tell he is so uncomfortable when out of his element.

TEAM LUCCA!

SAMMIE

Posted at 11:00 AM on May 9, 2012

You’re an idiot, just like everyone else who thinks Christina called his son a girl. NEWS FLASH, TONY DOES HAVE A FUCKING DAUGHTER!

Kai

Posted at 2:51 PM on May 9, 2012

THAT WAS AN EXCELLENT POST!!!!!

nobie

Posted at 9:11 PM on May 8, 2012

Christina probably was in love with Tony when they were in the Mickey Mouse Club and he probably didn’t give her the time of day and gave it Britney…which is probably why she hates her too!!

Deb

Posted at 9:08 PM on May 8, 2012

I think that Christina should be replaced as a judge if she can’t keep her comments germane to the issue of who has the better voice. It is painfully obvious that she has some sort of “history” with Tony that she is not big enough to forget. It is not fair to Tony, or any contestant, when the criticism becomes personal and destructive.

Kai

Posted at 9:37 PM on May 8, 2012

OMG! I am here praying for Tony Lucca to win just to stick it to Christina Aguilera. She is so unprofessional!

GEE

Posted at 11:24 PM on May 8, 2012

I AGREE! She’s a horrible judge and she makes everything about her – She’s on her way to being a ‘has been’ anyway and I’m glad! She looks like a bad cartoon!

Celine

Posted at 8:37 PM on May 8, 2012

I can’t believe Christina’s unprofessionalism! I hope Tony wins! Because of her blatant rudeness towards Tony, he could possibly win. I also can’t believe her remark about the disrespect for women….she shouldn’t be the one to ever make that remark as the songs she sings arent mary poppins, she dresses like a skank, why even wear a top??. I just think she’s gotten a bit to pompous and I hope they replace her.

pipster

Posted at 8:26 PM on May 8, 2012

Christina is a sloppy whore with a loose vagina. She wants to suck on Tony’s penis and smother him with her fake titties. She is a cunt.

Nuncalibre

Posted at 8:31 PM on May 8, 2012

Her pussy is really very tight. And she sucks a good dick.

Houston

Posted at 8:33 PM on May 8, 2012

I came on her titties once. She likes it rough. Dumb bitch skank whore.

sunshine

Posted at 11:24 PM on May 8, 2012

Bravo to you…couldn’t agree more…….such a skank!

Lauren

Posted at 8:21 PM on May 8, 2012

I thought the rudest thing about her comments was the fact that she referred to Lucca having a “daughter” in the audience. He doesn’t have a daughter he has a son. Is she that self absorbed and ignorant that she can’t remember or see that even though she met his wife and son just a couple months ago backstage? She’s an arrogant idiot…

Kai

Posted at 9:43 PM on May 8, 2012

Yea, I said the same thing. Now, that was willful.

sammie

Posted at 11:02 AM on May 9, 2012

Clearly, you and everyone else havent been paying any attention. Tony Lucca does have a daughter and a son too yes.

Kimmy

Posted at 8:04 PM on May 8, 2012

Christina is a serious bitch. She’s had it in for Tony since the beginning. She said Tony is one-dimensional (HE PROVED HER WRONG), but I wouldn’t exactly call Chris Mann multidimensional as she did. The guy can only sing opera. She has no room to talk about anyone as a singer or performer when she’s had many flubs on stage, including last night when she messed up the words to ‘The Prayer’. And it was so unnecessary to mention his wife and kids. That woman has no business pointing a finger at anyone. **TEAM TONY!!**

Jennifer

Posted at 7:39 PM on May 8, 2012

Christina has the audacity to complain about the song where it is degrading to women – Really?? What does she think her dress where she was falling out (which was most of this season) is – that is down right disgusting – but if that is all you have for assets… Christina on the show next year – I am done watching – she is the one who needs to grow up and figure out it is NOT ALL ABOUT HER!

Jennifer

Posted at 7:39 PM on May 8, 2012

Jill

Posted at 7:16 PM on May 8, 2012

Tony must have rejected Christina when they were ‘Mousketeers together. She’s been carrying the spurning by Tony ever since!

willie

Posted at 6:57 PM on May 8, 2012

i have to agree with many of us that as a fan of The Voice Christ Aguilera should be eliminated because she has ruined this year’s The Voice.

Marilyn Russell

Posted at 3:09 AM on May 9, 2012

To fire her from the voice is a bit harsh. But someone from Voice Management needs to give her a stern warning and let her know that being mean is not necessary on this fun show. Also they should inform her to put on some decent clothes. We don’t always want to see her fake boobs or glittery bikini/underwear/or whatever you would call it. Children are watching and she looks like she belongs on a Hustler magazine. As for her voice, she has ruined most of it with her wild life style. Karma does come around.

V.

Posted at 6:49 PM on May 8, 2012

Christina will be here next year. It is just drama. Yes, NBC, likes it this way. They are not going to change her. For those who state they will not watch next year if she is still a coach next season, well, you will be back watching. Yes, fake boobs and a super b**ch, will be back. See you then.