'The Voice' Producers Expect Major Christina Aguilera & Adam Levine Fight Tonight

Tue, May 8, 2012 1:37pm EDT by 30 Comments

A source tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively that the shows producers are prepping for major fireworks during the finale — and Adam wants to re-record ‘Moves Like Jagger’ without Christina!

Adam Levine and Christina Aguilera have been butting heads on The Voice all season, and HollywoodLife.com can exclusively confirm their contempt for each other is not just a ratings ploy. “They legitimately despise each other,” a source close to production tells us. “Carson Daly wanted them to talk it out, but they want nothing to do with each other.” In fact, Adam even wants to record a new version of “Moves Like Jagger” just to cut out Christina’s part!

Adam may have a worn a “Team Xtina” shirt during the May 7 show — following his explosive pre-show argument with Christina over Tony Lucca‘s song choice — but our source insists that gesture did not smooth things over.

“Christina is still demanding that Adam be fired from the show and not come back next season,” our source reveals.

But she’s not the only coach throwing threats around! We’re also told “Adam has even gone so far as to talk about a new version of ‘Moves Like Jagger’ so he doesn’t have to have Christina on the track.”

Ouch!

As for tonight’s finale, we hear that “producers are ready to break up any type of verbal war that may show itself on air. The producers are doing everything in their power to smooth things over, but it’s not working.”

We were already excited about tonight’s season finale, but now that there’s all this added drama, it’s sure to be an unforgettable night!

— Russ Weakland

Loading video...

More Voice News:

1. Cee Lo Green, You’re So Brave For Admitting You Farted On ‘The Voice’
  2. Christina Aguilera Gives Justin Bieber Evil Eye On ‘The Voice’
  3. Justin Bieber Debuts ‘Boyfriend’ Music Video Clip On ‘The Voice’

Absurdist

Posted at 2:20 AM on September 15, 2012

But in a for-real way, the whole rumor about re-recording “Jagger” is stupid on its face: the label is going to pay to send Maroon 5 back into the studio to re-record a song that’s already in release over some reality TV beef? Is Levine going to pay for it himself?

A remix without Aguilera I can see, because one person can do that by himself without involving the band at all. Re-cutting all the tracks for the song would probably require a whole new project to justify the expense.

Anushka Lovell

Posted at 6:04 AM on May 14, 2012

Adam – there is NO way in hell the voice would let you go. Christina cost them too much anyway…but I think you re-recording a new version of Moves like Jagger without here is going too far. DO NOT stoop to her level and be so childish….BE the bigger man here like you were that night of the finals. You didn’t scream and make a big deal. You too a lot of her comments in good spirit. I think that is BIG of you. Kill them with kindness they say… well that is true. The nastier she is, the nicer you should be. Screw what the public thinks. You have a whole career ahead of you and you are loved by many. Don’t let her get to you in ANY Way. I do agree with Gammy’s comments below… You guys need to chill and come back when it is all water under the bridge….

gammy

Posted at 6:58 PM on May 11, 2012

I love this show, and I love all of the coaches and I don’t believe anyone should leave. It’s unfortunate that Adam and Christina had a bad season. I don’t believe Tony Lucca would have won either way, the best person won and thats the end of that. Adam and Christina need to take a break and re-group for next season.

Absurdist

Posted at 3:36 PM on May 11, 2012

I’m rooting for physical violence. I think Christina could drop Adam with one punch.

LeahB

Posted at 4:09 AM on May 10, 2012

Christina made a fool out of herself this season! She dissed Tony for having Justin T. on his side but yet she had all the Kardashians voting for Chris, She said he was degrading woman but yet she is always parading around in practically nothing (which a woman her size/age should not be)Can you say hypocrite? She ruined the most important time for Tony Lucca and his family with her negativity and basically killed Chris Manns fan base because nobody wanted HER to win. Adam and Tony kept quite when she was constantly disrespecting Tony in front of millions so I think him speaking up finally was exactly what he needed to do!!!

Absurdist

Posted at 3:42 PM on May 11, 2012

Fair enough said, but the whole thing didn’t help Tony out any either. Adam and Christina were both horrendously unprofessional, and the whole show turned into their feud, costing their contestants a fair shot at winning.

Anushka Lovell

Posted at 6:08 AM on May 14, 2012

I agree whole heartedly…you talk about degrading women. The only way you seem to be able to catch the lime light is to show more boob…wow… so what is the difference between you and a stripper….

I don’t think Adam reacted wrongly….there is a limit to how much anyone can take and Christina’s comments were unnecessary….in very poor taste. Finally…the public is right, their feuds cost their contestants a chance to win…who knows???

I think Christina….doesn’t like any good strong singers… Chris is not exceptional….there are many choir singers in churches who can do better than him….She liked Lindsey put Ashley was a much better performer.

If Christina’s attitude / short comings are going to affect the show and its ratings and viewership – then I think she needs to go.

pocohantas

Posted at 1:13 AM on May 10, 2012

i quit watching the voice becuz of christina…. her attitude is awful… she has such a condescending manner….
when she kicked jesse campbell off the show that did it for me… CLEARLY.. he was the BEST singer on that show…..

plus he nasty snid remarks to adam levine … are tiring…
he tries to ignore her .. butt she jus continues…with her crap… being… who she is… a…B @$%^&h think we kno wut that means

Elsie

Posted at 7:30 PM on May 9, 2012

Christina was awful!!! She appears to be a bitter vindictive person with some unresolved preadolescent grudge against Lucca. I watched three shows and read no news and picked up on it. Can’t say the Lady of the lady of the lady of the night/ring master look helped either.

pocohantas

Posted at 1:15 AM on May 10, 2012

i agree… elsie she needs … to go to good manners school…
or nice school…. clearly she nott a nice person

Gt

Posted at 4:37 PM on May 9, 2012

I really liked adam until this season. He is basically using other contestants to promote his music.

he got a top 1 single last season, and he is using this season to promote his “payphone” which is really a mediocre song full of commercial values. he is not a true artist but the pop culture probably needs this kind of clown to get people’s attention. also he has selling point of being sexy, so even his music sinks down, he can still take his pants off and bend over.

cherokeevirg

Posted at 12:24 PM on May 9, 2012

Get rid of that Fake Beotch. I can’t stand looking at her fat face anymore. That is why I quit watching the show. I can’t stand to hear her voice. She isn’t anybody important.

Sammie

Posted at 10:47 AM on May 9, 2012

This feud actually gave Team Adam an advantage and their riding on it for sure. All season long Tony never said anything until the end to unleash his frustrations. Christina apologized, he accepted now everyone should get over it. It’s turning out to be much more than it should be.

P.S Adam is a man but makes just as much of Diva demands as a women. You might not see it on the show, but it’s a fact. Next year, I doubt Adam will be involved with Tony because he sure wasn’t with Javier Colon.

Anushka Lovell

Posted at 6:13 AM on May 14, 2012

Yes, this is ALL being blown out of proportion. I agree to some extent with this show being used to promote one’s self. The VOICE producers, judges need to understand that this is a chance to create some great artists, singers, musicians for the future….there is NOT alot of great stars out there. Many come and go….few leave a legend. Whitney, Michael, Luther Vandross and so many others are gone…who is there left to talk about and listen to for years to come.

DONT make this show about yourself….if not it won;t be popular for long….

One thing with American Idol is that it turned out many stars who are still singing and they have done fabulously well. Javier…and the other 4 aren’t heard of very much. Not like AI’s winners….so be careful

Lexie

Posted at 10:23 AM on May 9, 2012

I always like Adam more than Christina. But I actually kinda liked her until this season before she’s turning into a total b*tch.

Karen

Posted at 10:01 AM on May 9, 2012

Oh please, Adam is a bigger diva than Christina is. Christina is the nicest coach on The Voice. She’s the only one who greets her fans. I’m always there when they shoot, that’s why I know. And Adam is childish and immature. The producers wanted him to change the ‘b*tch’ part to ‘chick’ but he didn’t want that because according to him, the song will lose it’s meaning, which means it really was for Christina. She was very upset that it had become so personal and she didn’t want that.

Say what you want about Christina, but she speaks her mind off and does not use her singers to get back at other coaches. Adam is hot but he’s a d-bag!

Lys

Posted at 5:18 PM on May 9, 2012

If they changed the b**** to chick it would lose the meaning. B**** is supposed to represent troubles in life and things that would put you down. If they put chick there it would represent, like Christina thought, a woman. Which would then make the song degrading to women.

kam

Posted at 11:09 PM on May 8, 2012

christina is a diva, yes. and i love her. but adam is a closet homo and a bigger diva than she is. so of course they’re gonna feud.

the dude came out and told Advocate Magazine “Oh, there are beautiful men out there. Antonio Banderas is gorgeous. Well, maybe not so much anymore. He peaked around Desperado. I mean, every male secretly wants to have sex with Brad Pitt, but that’s a given.”

I’m a guy. and NO! Myself and every other man does NOT want to have sex with brad pitt. the dudes a homo and a bigger diva than christina.

Mel

Posted at 10:57 PM on May 8, 2012

Chritina did nothing wrong!! why is everyone hating on her??? adam called her a f**** C**t!! that is wrong and immature.

sav

Posted at 11:28 PM on May 8, 2012

nothing wrong? She’s done nothing but be an unprofessional, tarty f****** c**t all season long. She SHOULD be called out for it. I find it pathetic that she cannot share the spotlight. She turns the attention back on to herself at every turn. She desperately tries to overshadow her team. Her chest is disgusting! Her “I performed that song and they loved me too!” comment to Juliet Simms made me look up Xtina’s Grammy performance. She should NOT have called attention to herself because all it did was showcase how Juliet Simms sings circles around her.

I think Christina needs therapy. She clearly needs help. She makes me angry – but I do realize that she CLEARLY is in pain and in need of an intervention.

SSawyer

Posted at 8:30 PM on May 9, 2012

So, you heard him actually call her that?? And quess what, I don’t like the word either, but if you act like one, be prepared for the consequences. If she didn’t act like that, she wouldn’t have been worried he was taking a jab at her!

LORI

Posted at 10:10 PM on May 8, 2012

Until this season I loved Christina, but after watching her actions and rudeness I AM DONE . She should at least have the courtesy to pay attention to the contestants whether or not she particularly likes them. I Find her a real turn off! She has no right to comdemn anyone on their song choice or how they sing it. I feel she is the one that should GO

k

Posted at 8:33 PM on May 8, 2012

when i found out about this show i watched it because adam was on it now i watch it for blake and adam but i find chrisitina very annyoing and well cee lo doesn’t say much especially in the blind audition process i still like him but ugh i just want her gone plus when is the last time she had a hit blake does maroon 5 does and cee lo does but christina not so much get someone who actually is putting out new music

Liz

Posted at 6:56 PM on May 8, 2012

Amber is right..Christina is the bad part of show. Her dress in duet looked disgusting and was derogatory to women. She has no right to take out personal feelings. I can.’t stand her

Michael Johnson

Posted at 6:49 PM on May 8, 2012

I can’t beieve that anyone can hold a grudge that long and then do their very best to hurt Tony and his family. It’s ridiculous and I wish they would get someone who is current like Katy Perry, who still looks good, and get rid of that vicious Jeannie in a bottle, because the way she looks now, I really wouldn’t want to rub her any way.

learn more

Posted at 5:32 PM on May 8, 2012

Hi, i believe that i saw you visited my blog thus i got here to go back the desire?.I am trying to to find issues to enhance my site!I guess its adequate to make use of a few of your concepts!!

Amber

Posted at 3:42 PM on May 8, 2012

Adam all the way. Christina deserves to be called out over her behavior towards Tony. She’s the only bad part of the show, so get rid of her!

susan morris

Posted at 3:22 PM on May 8, 2012

Take christinia off the show!!! Everybody loves Adam…she just thinks she’s all that with her boobs popping out everywhere , very poor showing also…the show wouldn’t be the same w/ o Adam..

disco

Posted at 3:22 PM on May 8, 2012

Gotta pump those ratings up

Judas

Posted at 6:23 PM on May 8, 2012

Only way to get people to watch this show is create this drama. I’d just like to see the judges battle it out every week singing, forget the contestants!