Skylar Laine Voted Off: The Secret Message Steven Tyler Gave Her

Fri, May 4, 2012 3:54pm EDT by 6 Comments

Skylar’s goodbye was an emotional one, but she left with some very encouraging words from ‘American Idol’ judge Steven Tyler. Read on to find out what he said!

Skylar Laines elimination was extremely upsetting — especially to American Idol judge Steven Tyler.

But Steven — who has always rooted for her — left her with some very kind words.

Jennifer [Lopez] didn’t say much to me at the end, she just said ‘I’ll see you later,’ but then Steven, Steven’s a known fan of mine, I really love Steven, and him and Randy both told me I’m going to have a long career hopefully,” Skylar told HollywoodLife.com exclusively.

Skylar couldn’t tell us what she plans on doing next, but it does appear that she will definitely being hitting the country road!

“And what’s really awesome is that I heard Carrie Underwood said to someone that the country community’s already welcomed me with open arms, and that means a lot to me,” she said.

The Mississippi-native said the one thing she’s going to miss the most is the American Idol chaos.

“It’s crazy to say this, but I’m going to miss and not miss the schedule. It’s going to be weird getting up every morning and not doing this. I’ll kind of be in a daze probably at first, because once I get home, if I have downtime it’s going to be kind of like ‘whoa, this is weird,’ because we never had downtime. But it’s kind of crazy. I’ll miss and not miss it,” she told us.

While we’re sad to see her go, we know great things are on the horizon for this country cutie!

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Weigh in and vote below.

– Reporting by Russ Weakland, written by Nicole Karlis

More ‘American Idol':

1. ‘Idol’ Finalist Phillip Phillips: I Don’t Care If People Like My Music
  2. American Idol Recap: Is Skylar Laine In Trouble?
  3. ‘American Idol’ Reject Elise Testone: I Won’t Be Forgotten

Kim

Posted at 10:25 PM on May 4, 2012

It’s sickening that america can’t see the beauty of a voice but let popularity over see the show. I truly believe skylar lane deserves much more than what she got.Skylars day is coming and she has thousands of people waiting for her first record to be released. The line has already started, so for all the fans that thinks popularity wins… Look back at the line that never ends and tell me again.

gbtw

Posted at 7:45 PM on May 4, 2012

skylar has a long career ahead of her. i don’t feel sad for her. she got all she needed out of that competition, and the winner is rarely ever the biggest star anyway. that said, i think the rest of the contestants have a lot of talent (in some senses, more than her), tho philip i’m sort of sick of seeing… just not my style, and his sickness is making me start to think the boy should just TAKE A BREAK. he’s gone far enough, doesn’t need to win to get a contract, and should just go take care of himself. but, in any case, they’re all good… i feel like jessica and hollie NEED to win this the most. joshua and philip will already go places… i think jessica and hollie need little boosts, and have the skill sets and star potential to take what idol can give them and get a boost into stardom.

martha adams

Posted at 6:29 PM on May 4, 2012

I am also shocked Skylar was voted off.Very clear who JL has been pulling for all season.I will not be watching anymore.

Louann

Posted at 4:56 PM on May 4, 2012

I am shocked Skylar was voted off!!!!
I think Philip Philips should have been the one to go.

Juicy

Posted at 11:35 PM on May 4, 2012

YOUR CRAZY!!! BYE BYE HOLLIE!!!!!

Kylie

Posted at 3:05 PM on May 8, 2012

You’re stupid! Skylar was the best, but Philip is amazing! Hollow Holly should’ve went home! Actually, she should have went home 2 weeks ago! Colton should’ve stayed!