Skylar Laine: Why I'm Relieved I'm Off 'Idol' — Video

Fri, May 4, 2012 8:06am EDT by 16 Comments
Skylar Laine Eliminated

Skylar isn’t letting her shocking elimination get her down, especially after hearing Steven Tyler’s special words of encouragement. Find out what the ‘Idol’ judge told her after the show!

Skylar Laine‘s elimination from American Idol may be one of the most shocking yet, but the 18-year-old says she’s relieved to be out of the competition.

“There’s no pressure anymore, there’s no pressure about songs next week,” she said after the May 3 results show. “I’m sad, but I just want to go home! I want to go home to my family, my friends, I wanna go mud ridin’ – that’s the first thing I’m gonna do.”

We hope she doesn’t take too long of a break from music, though — and we’re not the only ones! Judge Steven Tyler told Skylar he has high hopes for her career.

“Jennifer [Lopez] didn’t say much to me at the end, she just said ‘I’ll see you later,’” Skylar said. “But then Steven, Steven’s a known fan of mine, I really love steven, and him and Randy both told me I’m going to have a long career hopefully.”

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Did Skylar deserve to go home?

– Reporting by Russ Weakland

More News:

1. Demi Lovato: How I Coped With Wilmer Valderrama Split
  2. ‘Punk’d Preview’: Demi Lovato Sees A Ghost
  3. Demi Lovato Should Judge ‘X Factor’ Over Miley Cyrus

Mereda

Posted at 3:42 PM on May 18, 2012

Phillip has a doctors excuse to not participate in the Ford videos. He has put off kidney surgery until after the finale next week.

anonymous

Posted at 2:00 PM on May 18, 2012

If Skyler was a young man – Jennifer would have had more positivet things so say.

Sandy Ryder

Posted at 2:44 AM on May 18, 2012

Im so upset at Josh’s elimination from AI. I dont like Jessica. He ringing was never as good as Josh’s. She is all about imitating other folks.jessica was in the bottom 3 a couple of Times. Josh was right on with all of his choices.

KATHY WARNER

Posted at 1:14 AM on May 18, 2012

WHY IS IT THAT THE LAST TWO VIDEOS OF THE FORD COMMERCIALS DID NOT HAVE PHILLIP IN IT? I MISSED THE 2 BEFORE THAT. ALSO WHAT IS GOING ON WITH HIS KIDNEYS & WHY DID HE HAVE SURGERY!

Aquarian

Posted at 4:13 PM on May 16, 2012

Did not like her singing (screaming) and she was pretty annoying. Don’t like any of them.

MICKIE

Posted at 3:25 PM on May 11, 2012

I A BIG COUNTRY MUSIC FAN. I LOVE SKYLAR, SHE WILL BE A BIG STAR , TO BE SHE A CROSS BETWEEN MIRANDA AND CARRIE. CANT WAIT FOR HER CD TO COME OUT .AND I AM A GRANDMA 68 YEARS YOUNG. YOU GO GIRL

LOVE MICKIE , FAIRFIELD OH

Linda Patty

Posted at 2:47 PM on May 11, 2012

I was totally shocked that Skylar was booted! She is a true blessing to the music industry. I wish I could still vote for her even now. I will definately be following this lady through her career. I’m positive we shall hear from Ms. Skylar Laine again. It’s not over for her. She is fantastic, her voice is like a country angel. Never give up on your dream, my friend, you got it!!!!!!!! Love ya, girl. You have a blessed day. Don’t forget to put God first, you will go a long way. God bless you. Linda Patty I would like to add that her reaction to being dropped was awesome! She was very mature about the whole thing. I am proud of her.

yelo

Posted at 9:29 AM on May 9, 2012

Among all eliminated finalists, Skylar has the best reaction and approach on the result. You would not just see it but also feel it. Unlike some who seems to think they deserve over the other(s). She should have not been eliminated but Id rather see her go instead of Hollie.

PISSED

Posted at 3:21 PM on May 8, 2012

THIS IS COMPLETELY BS. SKLAR LAINE WAS THE BEST SINGER ON THE ENTIRE SHOW.. SHE IS REBA MADE OVER HEAD TO TOE INSIDE AND OUT. SHE GAVE US THE SHOW THAT WE ALL LOOK FOR.. SHE HAS THE LOOKS, PERSONALITY, ABILITY, VOICE.. SHE IS MY AMERICAN IDOL. ALL THE POLLS SAY THAT 80%+ OF AMERICANS ARE SHOCKED THAT SKYLAR WAS ELIMINATED.. A LITTLE WIERD TO ME BECAUSE THE PERCENTAGES DO NOT SEEM TO MATCH UP.. I AM THINKING ALONG WITH MANY OF MY FRIENDS THAT THE CONTEST AT THIS POINT HAS BEEN RIGGED FOR JESSICA TO WIN!!!! :/

tammy

Posted at 4:00 PM on May 6, 2012

Skylar you are the best! You wait you’ll be bigger than Reba! Your better than Reba & Reba is awesome! I WANT TO SEE YOU IN CONCERT COME TO ROCHESTER NEW YORK please

PISSED

Posted at 3:23 PM on May 8, 2012

I AGREE 10000000% SHE IS ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING SINGER/SONGWRITER/PERFORMERS THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN. SHE WILL BE HUUUUGE AND I WILL BUY EVERY LAST ALBUM AND YES SHE IS REBA MADE OVER!!! :)

gbtw

Posted at 4:36 PM on May 4, 2012

she’s going to be a star. she doesn’t have the angelic looks of carrie, but i think she could be bigger than her- in the country world, at least. she might not get the commercial ad market business that carrie gets, but she really is a great performer and exactly the type that country music fans adore. she should enjoy this down time while it lasts, b/c i don’t think by the time she hits 21 (or sooner), the girl is going to be able to “go back home”…

PISSED

Posted at 3:22 PM on May 8, 2012

I COMPLETELY AGREE SHE IS THE PERFECT IDOL AND SHE WILL BE BIGGER I DO BELIEVE!!! :)

Eileen

Posted at 3:42 PM on May 4, 2012

I regret not voting this week, so I promise to buy your first album! You are a great performer and talented musician. Thanks for sharing your voice with America.

C. Crig

Posted at 1:19 PM on May 4, 2012

You are a star Skylar. Always stay as sweet as you are.

anne b

Posted at 9:48 AM on May 4, 2012

I’m sure we will see you again Skylar. Truly enjoyed your voice and personality. Great job done.