Jessica Sanchez Not Freaked That Josh Ledet May Be New Judge Favorite

Thu, May 3, 2012 12:25pm EST by 28 Comments

Jessica reveals she won’t let her competitors’ successes get in her way! That’s definitely the attitude of a true winner!

Jessica Sanchez has stolen the judges’ hearts for weeks now! But after the May 2 episode, it looks like Josh Ledet is about to take her place.

But for confident Jessica, this is absolutely not something she is worried about. In fact, she’s happy for the other contestants who are succeeding!

“I think the people getting the standing ovations deserve the standing ovations. If even when some people don’t get a stading ovation I am like what the heck? They didn’t get a standing ovation? But I don’t know, but I don’t think they’re really playing favorites, it’s proving yourself in that week and I am really trying to get back up there and am trying to prove myself,” Jessica told HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “They said tonight it was one of my ‘I Will Always Love You’ moments but even hearing that was like crazy, so… I appreciate it.”

We totally love Jessica’s #winning attitude. Don’t you?

What do you think HollywoodLifers? Who do you think is the new judge favorite: Jessica or Josh? Vote and weigh in below.

– Reporting by Russ Weakland, written by Nicole Karlis

More ‘American Idol':

1. ‘Idol’ Finalist Phillip Phillips: I Don’t Care If People Like My Music
  2. American Idol Recap: Is Skylar Laine In Trouble?
  3. ‘American Idol’ Reject Elise Testone: I Won’t Be Forgotten

Cb

Posted at 1:32 AM on May 11, 2012

Jessica is annoying…I hate how over confident she is. She only sings songs like blues and r&b and I get tired of the judges thinking she can’t do anything wrong.

proudblujay

Posted at 5:34 AM on May 12, 2012

You seem so jealous with Jessica. Get a life! I you don’t have anything good to say about others shut your big mouth.

Ashley

Posted at 4:03 AM on May 14, 2012

I find Jessica annoying too, she screams through all her songs and she has an attitude that I find excrutiatin. I hope Josh or Phil win.

Denden

Posted at 1:56 PM on May 5, 2012

I like jessica and joshua to be on the top 2 finals, it’s really exciting for the gay community to watch those two powerful singers competing

Jay

Posted at 4:05 AM on May 14, 2012

You must be gay, because only gays thing everyone else is gay.

AEvangelista

Posted at 12:08 AM on May 5, 2012

Please understand that Joshua is a preacher’s son, and he’s black. So he has no choice but to hide his gayness. He plays with Hollie to make it seem like he’s straight, but if I played with Hollie like that, she’d be pregnant by now.

Karen

Posted at 4:07 AM on May 14, 2012

Lol, another gay who thinks everyone else is gay too. Josh absolutely adores Hollie and I won’t be surprised if the both end up dating soon.

ash

Posted at 6:25 PM on May 4, 2012

vote for jessica sanchez her voice is amazing cuz they convey feelings she.sings from the heart

PaulR1

Posted at 3:50 PM on May 4, 2012

what people are not aware off is american idol is global,,,,they watch it all over the world,,,,in other words they can also vote,,,,through Facebook and magic jack,,,so if you don’t have a humongous fan base like jessica is pretty tough….

Calai143

Posted at 1:35 AM on May 4, 2012

I agree to you
I think that her strategy

LJJ

Posted at 10:54 PM on May 3, 2012

i believe the judges love Jessica equally if not MORE than Joshua. it’s just that the last time they showed their favoritism towards Jessica vs Hollie, all the ‘i feel bad for u’ went to Hollie and Jessica almost got eliminated.

so long as Hollie stays in the competition, they’ll keep acting like Jessica doesn’t exist and over-praise Hollie imo.

u heard what Jimmy said tonight. everyone might have acted like Joshua was the best thing that ever happened to AI (him included) last night, but at the end of the day, he believes like everyone else that Jessica is the best singer in the competition period.

LolaBing

Posted at 12:58 AM on May 9, 2012

This is sooooo true!

qtbod

Posted at 4:05 PM on May 3, 2012

I KNOW JOSHUA CAN’T STAND JESSICA BECAUSE HE CANT’ WEAR THE HIGH HEELS AND PERFORM LIKE A DIVA! I CAN SEE THAT HE IS VERY REPRESSED AND EAGERLY WANTS TO JUST GET DOWN LIKE BEYONCE.I KNOW HE WANTS TO RAISE HIS EYE BROWS EVEN HIGHER AND JUST LET IT ALL OUT.BUT HE CAN’T AS HE TRIES TO BE STRAIGHT ACTING.GURL, I KNOW HOW YOU IS (LOL)! I HAVE FRIENDS JUST LIKE YOU.

BEV

Posted at 5:28 PM on May 3, 2012

OMG ! THIS IS TO FUNNY !!! I LOVE IT !!!! I PRAY OUR JESSICA DOESN’T GO HOME ! TONIGHT ! IT WONT BE WORTH WATCHING IF SHE IS NOT THERE! RANDY SHOWING FAVORITISM LAST TO HOLLIE AND JOSH ! MADE ME SICK !!!!

Jamie

Posted at 4:21 AM on May 4, 2012

I agree! Josh is sooo gay! Get out of the closet you’ve been hiding in Josh!

Griffin

Posted at 4:16 AM on May 14, 2012

Hey qtbod, you’re a gay faggot who’s hooked on Joshua. Get a life dude!

edong

Posted at 3:20 PM on May 3, 2012

I do not worry about what the judges are saying. The voters have made up their minds by this time. This is now the battle between fans. Jessica has a bigger base — Filipinos, Mexicans, Chula Vistans (its mayor, Cox, at the forefront), and business groups in San Diego. I heard that Filipinos in the Philippines can even vote using Skype, Facebook accounts,magic jacks, and other methods.

nmeds

Posted at 6:07 AM on May 7, 2012

Same thing with Hollie and the Brits in UK and Canada. They also vote thru facebook and skype. No secrets here, any fan in any place on earth can vote for their favorite.

qtbod

Posted at 12:46 PM on May 3, 2012

—I BET JOSHUA WAS DYING TO HOLD PHILIP’S HAND DURING THEIR DUET.
-I’D LIKE JOSHUA TO SING “SINGLE LADIES” BY BEYONCE WITH FINGER SNAPPING AND HEAD TWIRLING ATTITUDE.
-JOSHUA CAN SING BUT HIS VOICE IS NOT THE KIND OF VOICE I’D LIKE TO LISTEN TO.HE’S A SCREAMER.
-I HAVE A FEELING JOSHUA DOES NOT LIKE JESSICA BECAUSE SHE IS MORE OF A DIVA THAN HIM.
-JESSICA’S SINGS THE BEST W/ POISE AND EMOTION
-JOSHUA IS A GIRL

Swish

Posted at 1:11 PM on May 3, 2012

qtbod,lol.

just me

Posted at 11:53 PM on May 3, 2012

I think Joshua has a very powerful voice. He’s my bet in this competition. If Joshua will not win, I’d rather prefer H. Cavanagh to be the next American Idol. I love her voice. Jessica’s voice is just like the typical Filipina diva’s voice I hear everyday in TV. That’s it.

Hera

Posted at 1:24 AM on May 7, 2012

what’s a typical filipina for you if i may ask?

BlackChain

Posted at 9:12 AM on May 7, 2012

You make me lololol… really? I bet you’re only 7…

proudblujay

Posted at 5:40 AM on May 12, 2012

sounding like a racist. what is your problem with Filipino divas? Can i hear you sing?? Are you so perfect that you can judge like that??

Marie

Posted at 4:12 AM on May 14, 2012

Filipinas all sound the same, basically over the top, shouting and screeching. Listen to Charice, she sounds exactly the same as well.

Harry

Posted at 12:48 PM on May 9, 2012

This sounds interesting! :)

biana

Posted at 5:09 PM on May 9, 2012

you idot he love’s jessica, he always twets i quote ” i love me some jessica sanchez” Stupid check your facts

Sara

Posted at 4:14 AM on May 14, 2012

qtbod….with all you posts you seem to have the hots for Joshua instead of Jessica. You’re gay right? Lol!