Britney Spears & Demi Lovato Will Make 'X-Factor' Better Than 'Idol'

Thu, May 3, 2012 3:43pm EDT by 18 Comments
Britney Spears and Demi Lovato X Factor

Demi and Britney signing on to join ‘X-Factor’ is the best decision that Simon Cowell has ever made in his life and this is a HUGE slap in the face to his former ‘American Idol’ stomping grounds. Read on to find out why!

Demi Lovato and Britney Spears are coming to my living room and I’m ecstatic! I really only tuned into American Idol for the audition rounds and to watch Paula Abdul drink out of her crazy Coke-a-Cola cup. But Demi and Britney are going to be ratings gold for season two of X-Factor and you should be SO excited!

Demi, 19, and Britney, 30, are going to be sitting right next to Simon Cowell this Fall and it will definitely leave us shocked at the end of each episode. These women are completely unpredictable and that’s what’s going to be so awesome. Britney is the ultimate popstar who paved the way for all of the young female performers today — she definitely knows what it takes to be a star.

American Idol tried to shake things up with a four judge panel then going back to the original three person format. But having Steven Tyler, Randy Jackson and Jennifer Lopez this season just isn’t doing it for me.

Demi will be able to provide a sensitivity chip because she’s coming off a tough year. The singer admitted to an eating and cutting disorder and she’s back better than ever. Also, Brit has experienced some intense times. Remember when she shaved her head, attacked a car with a golf club and temporarily lost custody of her kids?

Both of these women need a career boost and this will do just the trick. Britney might be reserved at first but she’ll loosen up. This will be the dominating show this Fall and I can’t wait!

So for those of you that will be watching Ryan Seacrest and boring old Steven, I’ll be tuning into fresh fun faces!

— Chloe Melas

– Chloe Melas

More Britney & Demi News:

1. Demi Lovato: How I Coped With Wilmer Valderrama Split
  2. ‘Punk’d Preview’: Demi Lovato Sees A Ghost
  3. Demi Lovato Should Judge ‘X Factor’ Over Miley Cyrus

I am just getting started on the Internet. I am retired now. I am reading blogs on many topics, and commenting too. You have made your blog more interesting than most that I read. Thanks for that. I not only read and comment on the blogs of others but I n

Posted at 3:09 PM on June 11, 2012

certainly like your web-site but you have to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very troublesome to tell the reality however I’ll surely come back again.

Jeskickni

Posted at 3:16 PM on May 14, 2012

I predict one of them will have a melt down, or pull another Nicole… Neither is emotionally stable. Also, one is a great lip-syncer, and the other is inexperienced.

villy

Posted at 12:14 PM on May 9, 2012

You are totally RIGHT ;)

DEMI sings the best… and a pretty awesome person…i love her actually ahaha!
BRITNEY’s been my favorite since I was little :D

so Xfactor just made the BEST show for me.. seeing my two favorites in 1 show GAH! <3 All thumbs up!

Skye

Posted at 12:30 AM on May 6, 2012

I’ll watch for Demi, because she’s absolutely amazing! and you cant lie and say she cant sing she might not sing the type of music your interested in or be your favorite artist but she has an AMAZING voice!

rache38343

Posted at 12:28 PM on May 4, 2012

Ok, I agree that many older people without children may not know who Demi Lovato is, but younger people do and I think that’s the point. Simon’s trying to attract a broader audience and I think he’ll do it with her!

Jeskickin

Posted at 3:18 PM on May 14, 2012

I know she had one hit, Skyscraper… Anymore?

charly

Posted at 10:59 PM on May 3, 2012

How will Demi criticize People on X-Factor if she cant even handle being criticized herself…

Lee

Posted at 6:20 PM on May 3, 2012

If this is true and they actually sign Demi I might watch. If they sign Miley… then I probably won’t.

lexi

Posted at 5:20 PM on May 3, 2012

i would have rather had miley over demi, because i think her and britney will play the same role, miley would have brought a big female personality to the show, but demi and miley wouldn’t work because they would bring the same audience, britney can’t sing but she is a huge star

lolanyc

Posted at 5:08 PM on May 3, 2012

who the heck is Demi??? BORING…. they couldve found someone more famous. I’ll tune in for Simon.

eliza

Posted at 8:43 PM on May 3, 2012

shut hell up demi is famous u queer i hate u

Jeskickin

Posted at 3:20 PM on May 14, 2012

Yeah, famous for one song, and rehab @ 19. We know who she is…

MSQW

Posted at 5:52 PM on May 6, 2012

Demi Lovato is a huge Disney star, as well as doing many other things. Just because you haven’t heard of her, doesn’t mean that she isn’t famous, that’s just a ridiculous thing to say. You as one person is hardly a good representation of the entire population.

thecat61

Posted at 4:17 PM on May 3, 2012

Sorry but Simon is making a huge mistake by signing Demi. She is not that big of a star.

henzz1000

Posted at 4:55 PM on May 3, 2012

go to hell. you didn’t even know how to sing let along judging people.

k

Posted at 5:22 PM on May 3, 2012

i agree she hasn’t had enough experience and i she isn’t that big for disney yes but anything else not really besides i don’t even like x factor or idol i’m all about the voice

Jason

Posted at 3:56 PM on May 3, 2012

Britney and Demi will make X-Factor must see TV.

Jeskickin