'American Idol' Phillip Phillips Talks About Girlfriend For First Time

Thu, May 3, 2012 11:53am EST by 12 Comments
Phillip Phillips Girlfriend

The ‘American Idol’ heartthrob reveals that he doesn’t care if his coupled status will drive women away from voting for him! He must be so in love!

You weren’t the only one bummed to hear that Phillip Phillips is a taken man!

But the 21-year-old cutie says he isn’t worried if having a girlfriend will keep him from winning the votes (and hearts) of  women across the nation.

“It doesn’t matter man, if it does then they’re not really liking the music… I’m trying to get the music out there and not be some boy that looks good or anything, so… I just want the music to speak first,” Phillip told HollywoodLife.com exclusively.

While his girlfriend remains unidentified, we do know she is very supportive of Phillip’s sky-rocketing fame.

“She’s really proud of me getting out there and pursuing my dream and everything, she supports me all the way,” Phillip told us.

So cute! But we’re still bummed he’s not single. He is really hot.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Vote and weigh in below.

– Reporting by Russ Weakland, written by Nicole Karlis

More ‘American Idol':

1. ‘Idol’ Finalist Phillip Phillips: I Don’t Care If People Like My Music
  2. American Idol Recap: Is Skylar Laine In Trouble?
  3. ‘American Idol’ Reject Elise Testone: I Won’t Be Forgotten

Leslie Dell

Posted at 11:12 PM on May 17, 2012

Girlfriends (and boyfriends) come and go. It makes no difference – – – he’s THE best. Let’s do it.

jani

Posted at 3:49 PM on May 17, 2012

Vote….vote…vote……let’s get him the title. What difference does it make if he has a girlfriend. That doesn’t stop anyone from dreaming!

Elizabeth Davidson

Posted at 6:45 AM on May 10, 2012

Why should it matter that he has a girlfriend..? I mean we don’t have a chance with him anyways.

TONY

Posted at 4:23 AM on May 8, 2012

PHILLIPS IS THE ONLY ONE HE NEEDS TO WIN IS TALENT IS UNIQUE MAY VOTE GO TO PHILLIPS

Darlene

Posted at 8:07 AM on May 4, 2012

He has certainly captured our hearts here in Canada. His sound is unique and very appealing and I for one will always be searching for his future recordings and perhaps attending a concert or 2…Luv you Phillip! Your originality is working or you!!

Violeta

Posted at 5:53 AM on May 4, 2012

I love Phillip for his music and i dont care he ‘s not single.

Girl

Posted at 10:00 PM on May 3, 2012

Hannah Blackwell

Kelly

Posted at 5:18 PM on May 3, 2012

Hes going home tonight….. Not just because of the girlfriend thing. Ut he has been getting worse each week

Jeannie Fitzsimmons

Posted at 4:01 PM on May 3, 2012

Phillip Phillips is going to win. I am not the only one buying his new cd t be released. He is all american. Not up there gay or n fancy clothes.
He is just cool, and has his own style of singing. Phillip is not imatating singers like the other 4 r. Gosh stop putting him down for hisself. He is Phillip Phillips. u should know steven tyler,j lo and randy. You guys know he is going to win and u hate it!

shania

Posted at 6:20 PM on May 3, 2012

Your absolutley right! Finally someone who has the right sence. He is an original & deserves too win! Natural. I believe in him!

Violeta

Posted at 5:58 AM on May 4, 2012

I AM so love what you said about Phillip. Hi is realy musicant and deserve to win.

lolanyc

Posted at 12:57 PM on May 3, 2012

Yeah I dont understand why at this stage of the game they announce he has a GF..very odd. Almost like he doesnt want to win so he isnt under idols contracts and he can go on like Daughtry did. I bet he in the bottom. Dont forget young girls vote like 10 yrs olds.. they dont know the differnce between good music and a cute boy. I think he did that on purpose. He’s still good though.