Demi Lovato Should Judge 'X Factor' Over Miley Cyrus

Wed, May 2, 2012 2:42pm EDT by 21 Comments

Demi and Miley are reportedly battling it out to become the fourth judge on the hit show — and my money is on Demi. I’ll tell you why!

Demi Lovato better get the X Factor gig, because now I’ll finally have a reason to tune in and watch. Demi has been through so much over the past year and has been such a strong role model. Besides, I believe Demi is a better performer than Miley Cyrus, which is why Demi should be the one choosing talent.

HollywoodLife.com just reported that Miley’s dad Billy Ray Cyrus and boyfriend Liam Hemsworth are pushing for Miley to be a judge, but why? I mean I know Miley is looking for a big gig to get her out of her reported career slump and I think she’s a great girl. But this job definitely needs to go to Demi. Why? Because this girl has been to hell and back this past year and she’s an inspiration.

Demi and Britney Spears are my dream cast for X Factor. I’m sure I’m upsetting all of the Miley fans out there, but I’m a Lovatic and proud of it!

— Chloe Melas

More Miley News:

1. Miley Cyrus Getting Scary Skinny — She’s Lost Almost 25 Pounds
  2. Miley Cyrus: Experts Fear She Has An Eating Disorder After Strange Tweets
  3. Miley Cyrus’ Latest Food Tweet: Is She Depriving Herself?

nick

Posted at 8:50 AM on May 13, 2012

LOL miley as a Judge, greedy miley strikes again.

Parker

Posted at 8:07 PM on August 26, 2013

I think demi lovato should be the next judge on the X factor not Miley

Adam

Posted at 12:44 PM on May 8, 2012

I think both should because they are both the queen teens and most successful ones but I want because she needs to be back in her spotlight

chinapr

Posted at 7:37 PM on May 3, 2012

I love Demi her music has always inspired people and I dont think she wanted ppl to know that she use to cut here self u know the media and ppl always telling someone else buisness but anyways ppl get mad that she going to be on the X-Factor oh well get over it.. they know who to use look at Britney she went thru alot lost her boy’s for a lil while but hey she got her life back togehter and doing great this are ppl that been thru hard time’s but can sing and know wat they r doing… TEAM DEMI WISH U ALL THE BEST

dumas1000

Posted at 10:25 PM on May 2, 2012

Demi and Britney already have the job. They’ll sign the contracts officially when they are told to sign them, but the deals are already done. There’s no reason for debating. They had two seats to fill. I think they wanted to give the first to the closest they could get to a megastar (Britney), and the second to a much younger judge (Demi), because they see the success that seemingly more younger and hipper judges are having over on the Voice, as opposed the older, more experienced judges on American Idol, who are much difficult for a potentially younger audience to relate to. Britney is a performance-based artist. Demi’s talents are more rooted in the raw ability to sing. It’s a perfect sort of symetry, because the ability to peform and ability to sing are both important aspects to achieving mainstream success within the music industry. Miley is also a performance-based entertainer, which makes her too similar to Britney. Artistically, Britney and Demi are very different, so its a combination of two judges bringing something different to the table.

natalie

Posted at 7:39 PM on May 2, 2012

miley is not the greatest singer. she sucks singing live. what possible advise could she give these people. hey its ok your pitchy, just take you clothes off and sing and you will make millions… come on. use someone who is respected in the music industry.

lexi

Posted at 6:02 PM on May 2, 2012

i think botgh are great but i think miley has the upbeat and outgoing personality,plus she is more successful in music than demi, miley has had platium album in the u.s and even bigger success world wide, and demi only gone gold in the u.s but has alot of success world wide too, i think they should get rid of britney, she doesn’t have a personality anymore,rarely does interviews, doesn’t control her own life, and lets be honest lack luster vocals, but until than miley is perfect, oh to hollywoodlife, how is her career in the slump so undercover comes out in the summer and she just signed with new management and working on a new album and has films in the works so get your facts right

hellokitty2142

Posted at 5:53 PM on May 2, 2012

I say nethier because I think there both young and don’t have enough experience in the music industry. Maybe when there older they both can be a judge :)

lovatic!

Posted at 5:34 PM on May 2, 2012

I like both of them ,obviously Demi much more, but i think that Miley should get this one cause if the reports are correct she is out of job and depressed, whereas Demi’s career is taking off every day!!! I would be much happier if Britney wasn’t in the judges and both Miley and Demi were!!!!

Hockyluv21

Posted at 5:21 PM on May 2, 2012

Chloe better stop being a cop-out LMFAO. JK, but if X Factor doesn’t choose Demi over Miley, they would be complete and utter imbeciles. Demi is the only legitimate vocalist out of these teen idols, and she’s the only one out of these candidates that actually KNOWS what they’re judging. X Factor better not screw this up! (crosses fingers)

ilovemiley:)

Posted at 5:18 PM on May 2, 2012

go miley<3 miley is the best forever

Go Miley

Posted at 4:54 PM on May 2, 2012

So what if Demi has been through s much.Im a team Miley in this.She would be better judge! GO MILEEEEEEY!

thecat61

Posted at 4:33 PM on May 2, 2012

Chloe, you are a Miley hater. Stop using Demi’s been through so much excuse it’s getting old. I think Miley is a much better performer. Her career is not in a slump, she took a year off. During that time she still did projects. Damn, does anyone on this HL staff like Miley?

jal

Posted at 3:32 PM on May 2, 2012

Why are you people saying she has been to hell and back? coming from someone who has had an eating disorder myself, its a joke how much publicity she is getting over it! Its completely self inflicted! Thats the only reason she has rose to fame this year! And she is a strong role model because she cuts her wrists and has an eating disorder,?? and miley is a bad role model because she wears a pair of hot pants and belly top?? yeah because that makes sense! Makes me sick that someone increases their popularity by trying to get sympathy for an eating disorder, the first thing you want to do is put it in your past!! Shes a good singer, but a role model for the wrong reasons! I do wish the girl well, but shes sending the wrong message out! And she would not make a good judge, i personally dont think either of them would, miley is defiantly more successful, but not as successful as you would need to be for a judge! My own opinion! everyones entitled to one!

LOL

Posted at 3:32 PM on May 2, 2012

They are both amazing, but honestly miley more succesfull, and she’s more talentend, it’s not about best performance or not they are very amazing in performence, it’s about judge on X factor with a great taste critics, but miley more lead about TALENT than demi

lucy

Posted at 3:22 PM on May 2, 2012

I love demi but she isnt successful with her music …. And how.could she.judge if she isn’t even successful herself..

abby

Posted at 3:52 PM on May 2, 2012

is she is not is because her lebel doesn’t make her PR how they do with others as Selena, for example…She should do the same as the Jonas Brothers, and leave HR, and rumours say she will for her 4th album

Cat

Posted at 12:04 PM on May 3, 2012

Not only do they have to judge people but they also have to be mentors. Miley does not have the talent that demi has. Demi’s voice is a lot stronger than Miley’s. I would much rather be mentored by someone who can actually sing and give tips than someone who is more successful because her daddy helped her

chinapr

Posted at 7:40 PM on May 3, 2012

I agree with u..(CAT) had anybody heard Miley sing live she dont sound all that great… Demi has the better Voice

abby

Posted at 3:12 PM on May 2, 2012

I agree with you girl! And with the interview that Demi did for MTV UK about that being judge on X Factor would be a dream comes true and that she would be a honest judge…I really think the job is hers…Also, the perfomances live of Demi are better. Sorry if I’m upsetting somebody out there but it’s my POV.

marina

Posted at 2:55 PM on May 2, 2012

Who does not love demi???she is amazing!!!