'The Voice' Semifinal Results: The Final Four Contestants Revealed

Tue, May 1, 2012 11:18pm EDT by 47 Comments

After combining America’s votes with the coaches’ points, the final four contestants were finally revealed!

The May 1 episode of The Voice began with an odd-couple performance by one of last season’s finalists, Dia Frampton, and rapper Kid Cudi. One of my favorites last season, Dia sounded great. There were other solid performances throughout the night, but Dia’s was definitely my favorite.

Next up came the eliminations. Christina Aguilera split her points evenly between both contestants, but America decided to save Chris Mann, who had a total of 104 points. His strong voice was clearly more appealing to America than Lindsey Pavao‘s distinct style.

Adam Levine gave Tony Lucca 60 points, leaving Katrina Parker with 40. In the end, America agreed with Adam and saved Tony, who had 108 points. So far so good in terms of my picks.

Blake Shelton split his points evenly between Jermaine Paul and Erin Martin, clearly unable to choose between the two. He left it up to America, and with 123 points, Jermaine was the clear winner.

The toughest choice of the night came from Cee Lo Green‘s team, which had fan-favorite Jamar Rogers up against powerhouse Juliet Simms competing. Cee Lo gave Jamar 40 points and Juliet 60, and after America’s votes were factored in, Juliet was saved with 121 points.

Next week, the final four will compete to be named “The Voice.” Who do YOU think will win it all? And do you think the right people were sent home tonight? Hit up the comments sections with your thoughts!

— Milly Contreras

More Voice News:

1. Cee Lo Green, You’re So Brave For Admitting You Farted On ‘The Voice’
  2. Christina Aguilera Gives Justin Bieber Evil Eye On ‘The Voice’
  3. Justin Bieber Debuts ‘Boyfriend’ Music Video Clip On ‘The Voice’

s. loge

Posted at 6:14 PM on May 2, 2012

Although I believe Jamar should be in the finals, Cee Lo’s point distribution of 40-60 (Jamar to Juliet) did not put Juliet in the finals alone. The voters’ points were allocated 39-61 (Jamar to Juliet) But, I do believe Jamar is more consistent and I prefer his style to Juliet’s. That being said, the two of them are probably the best (maybe excluding Jermaine) in the entire competition.

Kelsey

Posted at 3:34 PM on May 2, 2012

Juliet is incredible and deserves to win everything. The others are just no where near as good as she is. No one was robbed of anything. watch the highlights again of each performance and you’ll notice how none of the other singers even come close to comparing to her mind blowing talent.

Hello learn 2 add

Posted at 3:10 PM on May 2, 2012

It sounds like they won because America gave them the full points which is not the case-C-Lo and Adams points played a major role in who won, bcuz if it was 60/40 in favor of Jammal and Katrina-they would have won! Even if Adam wasn’t too busy “connecting/Bro-mancing”-4get the whole “Voice” Requirement and was just completely being normal an split in half his points-Katrina would have won fairly! But HE decided to b completely “unfair” bcuz Tony brings only “smoke screens” to the table-he chose him! I think he was indeed flexing his power muscles and basically telling Cristina to f-off, te problem is that he ended up f-ing himself in many ways due to his poor choice in Tony! Julie is great, but she’s no where near what Jamal’s “VOICE” is capable of.. You know what? I think i’ll just go back to American Idle-the judges save people that they think can sing & the worst part is that they aren’t even coaching them! What a slap in the face C-Lo and Adam-way to killing somebody in their dream! If Julie was meant to win then she would have, C-Lo should have been fair!

Shame on u Adam and Cee Lo

Posted at 2:57 PM on May 2, 2012

I think it was of very poor team spirit for both coachs Cee Lo and Adam to give those 40/60 points-bcuz they showed preferential treatment towards players on their team! Regardless of the outcome, I’m sure the veiwers that make the show actually happen (with no ratings they will b all out of gigs)-would have been satisfied and not left with this bitterness that most are expressing! Juliette is great, and I’m sure everybody has their favorite and opinion-but Jamal by far is the better all around contestant and he proved it! She is a one demensional singer and I don’t know if anybody recalls-that she wasn’t sooo great when she picked her song choices! Only until Cee Lo picked Roxanne did she have a breakthrough (remember she was almost eliminated and Cee-Lo saved her)-while Jamal is a natural and has been consistent since day 1 and could sing anything, there was nothing more he could have done/since when he performed he left his heart on the stage-SINCE THE BLOND AUDITIONS! I’m sure that if
Cee-Lo would have divided it like a real coach (bcuz his
reasoning behind it didn’t even make sense)-everybody
would have been content or they would have revoted bcuz it Was so close-and the true winner of the entire show would be Jamal! I really wish he would have went on team Xristina-bcuz he would have def. Won if that were the case! So basically bcuz he chose Cee-Lo and believed in him he got screwed by his mentor! I def lost some respect for not only Cee Lo but more for Adam-bcuz hes made it point to say how much he didn’t like Katrina and she did prove herself more than commercialized Tony Lucca-& he really screwed her with that score bcuz if he was fair and not “bromancing” w/Tony he might have won this season 2 bcuz she was the ipidemi of what the show is about-what a load of crap saying she would win “Most Improved” while Tony sucked until he did Britney Spears and the only person that enjoyed his performances b4 that was just Adam! I think it’s more than a bromance I think he knew him b4 anything bcuz he did something very mean to a person that didn’t deserve it! I also think it was his way of getting bak a Xristina-like an “ego” thing-but whatever-Tony Was the worst of the night and he knows that he just basically dropped out of the competition so him and Tony can be “bromancing” losers together!or maybe he will take him on tour w/Maroone 5 and Katrina just didn’t have the image for him even though the show is called the “Voice” and that’s all that women had a “Voice”-Tony on the other hand is missing it-to me he’s sooo fake and as they say-Birds of a feather flock together-so my outlook and respect for Adam is now non-exisistent bcuz he showed us all his true colors last night! Kudos and tons of respect to Blake and Xristina for keeping it real, not killing somebody’s dream-bcuz they did make it sooo far and for being good coaches! They not only let America (the veiwers that pay them) decide, but they showed that they were behind twit team! If anything it was the smarter thing to do-in the fact that America got it right (even though 2 coaches sabotaged it completely)! If anything Adam showed he was a rebel prick-and maybe his closet tendencies got the best of him and Cee-Lo-disappointed, and they both chickened out and went against what the show truly means-I hope Tony can pull off something greater than one of his successful fellow mouseketeers did back in the day (and show a 3rd dimension) & that Cee-Lo doesn’t run out of old good rock songs for Juliette-cuz they both have the potential to b boring after u listen to them more than once! Im look forward to listen to Jamal again outside that show! And I will b voting for team BLAKE til my fingers go numb next week! U should all do the same! Maybe we can tweet to the VOICE that their ratings will drop drastically-if they don’t put Jamal back for the finals-he should start his own team since he’s in his own league considering the competition! Sorry after this season I don’t know if I care to watch-bcuz it was very mean-spirited and unfair! They went against what the show stands for and last night it didn’t make me feel good which is the reason I used to watch! Unreal! Everybody is entitled to their opinions and I respect them-so please respect mine when commenting! Thank You!

Kelsey

Posted at 3:38 PM on May 2, 2012

If everyone is entitled to their opinions then you should respect Cee-Lo’s to divide the points the way he thinks is fair. If you leave it to America, it could just become a popularity contest. Juliet is amazing and absolutely deserved to beat Jamar, especially after her last performance. It was out of this world

Yac

Posted at 8:31 PM on May 2, 2012

It’s only a tv s how

randi c

Posted at 1:33 PM on May 2, 2012

how sad for Katrina, she came so far, Adam and his bromance, who cares!

killer queen

Posted at 12:41 PM on May 2, 2012

I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HEAR LINDSEY PAVOA’S AND KATRINA PARKER’S ORIGINAL SONGS IN THE FINAL i wouldn’t even care if they lost i just wanted to hear their own songs i’m bummed i won’t get to hear them plus adam’s decision was stupid give them both a 50/50 and sit the hell down adam leave it up to america and if he did katrina would have gotten through it should be clear now that tony lucca isnt gonna win the voice and jamar vs juliet i was shocked at how much juliet won by i really dislike her voice i don’t see what’s so amazing about it for me she completely ruined it’s a man’s world i really couldn’t care less who wins the voice now all my favorites are gone i’d rather watch paint dry than to tune in next week the only highlight of the night was seeing dia frampton up there on stage i love her i hope she goes far!!!

Lee

Posted at 12:09 PM on May 2, 2012

Dont know and dont care anymore. All of the people I liked are gone so I won’t be watching.

killer queen

Posted at 12:35 PM on May 2, 2012

i agree

Yep

Posted at 3:18 PM on May 2, 2012

Ditto!!’ soooo true-unreal what happened! Totally against the shows premise and reason we all watched! Those moves from Adam where definitely JAGGERS!

Net

Posted at 12:09 PM on May 2, 2012

Jamar was not robbed. He is very talented, however, Juliet’s voice is much more powerful. She clearly has to win this season. As for Tony Luca? He is not top 4 material – poor Katrina – she’s the one who was robbed last night. Christina said it well a few weeks ago, she hopes this show doesn’t become a popularity contest (ie. Justin Timberlake publicly voicing his support for Luca) because this show is about “the voice” – and Tony Luca, in my opinion, with comparison to the other competitors, does not have it.
With that said, the show is awesome! I just hope the singer with the best voice wins!

Kat

Posted at 4:59 PM on May 2, 2012

OMG peeps – Chris Mann is the most talented of the bunch now that Katrina is out of the running.

Monica

Posted at 11:47 AM on May 2, 2012

All these people saying Cee Lo robbed Jamar were obviously not watching. Even if Cee Lo had split the scores 60 for Jamar and 40 for Juliet, Juliet still would have won. It would have been 99 for Jamar and 101 for Juliet. Stop nagging on the poor girl. She won fair and square. Katrina was really the one who was robbed here!

mosywoes

Posted at 11:11 AM on May 4, 2012

So America voted 61/39 in favor of Juliet and Celo voted 60/40 in favor of Juliet? Sounds pretty consistent to me!!

Peet

Posted at 11:42 AM on May 2, 2012

Milley Contreras, do you know what is “addition and substraction”? I don’t think so. It’s easy, 92 final points to Katrina, you substract 40 of Adam, and you are going to have 52 of viewers vote. The same with Tony, 108 – 60 Adams point, you got 48 of viewers vote.
SO people choice was Katrina, NOT Tony, so PEOPLE DO NOT AGREED WITH ADAM.
Do the things right and do not confuse people, ok? mediocre.

annie

Posted at 10:44 AM on May 2, 2012

i still believe katrina should be in the final 4 compared to tony.her voice is so powerful when she sang jars of heart’s song.i cannot stop myself to always playing the song.

Lou

Posted at 10:35 AM on May 2, 2012

Well I think Ce Lo was unfair to split the points like he did with Juliet. She is far far far from star quality. Jamar deserved to be on stage next week. He at least deserved a fair shot at the public vote. Unthinkable.

If Juliette wins. This devoted watcher will be sorely disappointed. How many times can I vote next week?????

steph

Posted at 10:13 AM on May 2, 2012

Jamar was my favorite and its straight bs he got eliminated. Something is wrong with people. I hope he goes far on his own and gets a record deal because he has an amazing voice and deserves it. You are awesome jamar!

Sandra Kearney

Posted at 9:56 AM on May 2, 2012

My husband and I do not miss the Voice we are an elderly couple and love the show with all type of music. I must say I thought it was WRONG!!!!!!! FOR Adam to say he had become buds with Tony so because they were pals he got 60 and Katrina gets
40. We are not in grade school it is not who are buds are. It is who has the best voice Adam, You Know better, I normally have great respect for you. Celo, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! YOU ARE KIND, WARM GENEROUS, but not giving a 50,50, to Jamar and Juliet,was not right they are equally talented. Her performance was steller Mon. night, but in general they are equal. You seriously hurt a wonderful young man. Sorry to this happen. Do Love the show! Judges we love you and we are feeling what you do my friends! Sandie

Something's Not Right

Posted at 9:26 AM on May 2, 2012

Ok, did anybody else notice that Juliet was put at the end of the show again? Why? Maybe it’s just me but it’s as if she was given a chance to trump everybody else again. Anway, Jamar in my opinion was robbed bc Cee-lo cried during his performance but then refused to stand up (whereas he stands up immediately for Juliet). So he was absolutely moved by Jamar’s singing, yet, for some reason Cee-lo was pre-disposed evidently to go with Juliet. His criticism of Jamar (doing his own thing with the song) doesn’t really make any sense. Jamar was by far the most consistent on the show and I thought that creativity was supposed to be rewarded according to the judges comments throughout the season. So why punish him now at this juncture for that? Interesting… And is it me or was Juliet’s performance really not “that good?” I mean, she can sing but it just didn’t sound that good to me. More like yelling and screaming than anything else. She can’t seem to sing ANYTHING like Jamar can. He can literally sin the phonebook and ppl would by it.

Mike

Posted at 9:23 AM on May 2, 2012

Jamar Rodgers was robbed… Now given that Juliet had a strong performance Monday night… Jamar Rodger and Jermaine Paul clearly set them selves apart and were the best two on the show by far… They were the two strongest acts for blind auditions right down to the end… I personally felt they were the only two who could beat each other, with Chris Mann having a outside chance… Jamar Erin and Katrina were very exceptional talents

Bea

Posted at 8:27 AM on May 2, 2012

Jamar was robbed. I think Cee Lo DECIDED who was going to the finals when he allotted such a weak, boring song to Jamar & such a provocative, bone chilling song to Juliet. Juliet has great pitch but I get the feeling she adds all that gravelly texture to her voice to compensate for a lack of tone (as evidenced when she did softer songs & quite frankly sucked) whereas Jamar was consistently incredible. As far as Adam’s team, Katrina was robbed. Which is funny bc Tony Lucca was my first ever crush back when I was 8 years old & I’ve been patronizing his music since then (from his MMC band “the party” to later country/folk/soul stuff)… But Katrina was unfairly cut. She was cut over bromance. Adam said as much- his extra points were not about the performance & she got screwed bc if it had been even from Adam, she would have won. I literally don’t care who wins now. Won’t be watching next week.

Robin

Posted at 7:06 AM on May 2, 2012

I’m so surprise that Jamar was eliminated. Juliet has a horrible grating voice that makes you want to stick a sharp object in your ears. She’s not a powerful singer, like many want to claim. Cee-low the Milk Dud did JR so wrong. My question is to the judges especially, Cee-low, who’s going to buy their music? None of the final four have a powerful singing voice. Anybody can learn to carry a note, but to sing effortlessly like Jamar did, is a talent. I bought all of JR’s music. Keep in mind people, Jamar does not have the image that society wants to acknowledge, former drug user and HIV. It doesn’t matter who wins because nobody is going to buy their album. I love JR.

diane

Posted at 6:39 AM on May 2, 2012

The Voice formula is faulty. The best is not in the finals. Jamar was robbed. Julliet had lots of chances in her past to make it. Celo critizing Jamar at the was like a punch to someone so positive. It came across cruel/. Jamar was the reason we kept tuning in. I don’t care about any of the other finalists.

Pam Robbins

Posted at 6:34 AM on May 2, 2012

Jamar was up against the one who is gonna take the show…Juliet Sims. Where she is not my “cup of tea,” she has a unique style that the judges and apparently America LOVE. Jamar was great and I don’t think we have seen the last of him. I think that Adam made a mistake with his voting and sending Katrina packing. He is NOT going to be the winning coach this year.

Robin

Posted at 7:11 AM on May 2, 2012

The WOMAN can’t sing! She stinks and I’m amazed how she survived this long on the show let alone get on it. Juliet lives in the 80’s with her look and grating voice. That’s not singing, she can’t carry a bloody note! She’s a screamer!

Linda

Posted at 5:41 AM on May 2, 2012

So so so upset over Jamar. I was a fan from day 1 and don’t get Juliet’s talent at all. Jamar, I hope your career takes off ASAP. There are tons of us that want to see more of you.

dude

Posted at 5:03 AM on May 2, 2012

Katrina actually beat Tony 52-48 in America’s Vote. He was saved by Adam. Undeservingly so, in my opinion.

Sad

Posted at 2:38 AM on May 2, 2012

Cant believe jamar got cut. I thought he consistently killed it?

rebel

Posted at 1:33 AM on May 2, 2012

I feel that Juliet and Jamar have the same power in their voice but I feel that Jamar was more consistent and creative. Let’s be honest we didn’t know who Juliet was until Roxanne….but Jamar on the other hand always performed like it was his last and I think that what matters. I know deep down that Jamar will make it far with or without the voice.

Dee

Posted at 11:07 AM on May 2, 2012

I’ve lost all respect for Cee-Lo–how can he not just split it 50/50 and let America decide? Why? Because America decided for Jamar the last time and he wasn’t trying to risk that again. I’m shocked AND disappointed. Like SO many people said…we didn’t even know who she WAS UNTIL Roxanne. And she BARELY beat out Sarah Golden in the Battle Rounds yet Jamar annihilated Jamie. This is BOGUS. I hope Jermaine DESTROYS her in the competition. No offense to her but she is NOT the best “voice” in this competition–the judges help get rid of those.

JRFAN

Posted at 4:44 PM on May 2, 2012

JAMAR WAS ROBBED. Agree that Juliet can be a good performer but JAMAR is an AMAZING TALENT who consistently delivered soul-touching performanecs. Millions of us out there are ready to buy Jamar’s album now – this isn’t the end for him. I am dissapointed in Cee-Lo and i agree with you, i cannot wait for Jermaine to CRUSH Juliet in the finals.

Jody

Posted at 11:36 PM on May 1, 2012

I’m so happy that Juliet was saved, but upset that Katrina was not saved. I’m sure we won’t hear the last of Katrina. She has a powerful voice.