'The Voice' Semifinal Results: The Final Four Contestants Revealed

Tue, May 1, 2012 11:18pm EDT by 47 Comments

After combining America’s votes with the coaches’ points, the final four contestants were finally revealed!

The May 1 episode of The Voice began with an odd-couple performance by one of last season’s finalists, Dia Frampton, and rapper Kid Cudi. One of my favorites last season, Dia sounded great. There were other solid performances throughout the night, but Dia’s was definitely my favorite.

Next up came the eliminations. Christina Aguilera split her points evenly between both contestants, but America decided to save Chris Mann, who had a total of 104 points. His strong voice was clearly more appealing to America than Lindsey Pavao‘s distinct style.

Adam Levine gave Tony Lucca 60 points, leaving Katrina Parker with 40. In the end, America agreed with Adam and saved Tony, who had 108 points. So far so good in terms of my picks.

Blake Shelton split his points evenly between Jermaine Paul and Erin Martin, clearly unable to choose between the two. He left it up to America, and with 123 points, Jermaine was the clear winner.

The toughest choice of the night came from Cee Lo Green‘s team, which had fan-favorite Jamar Rogers up against powerhouse Juliet Simms competing. Cee Lo gave Jamar 40 points and Juliet 60, and after America’s votes were factored in, Juliet was saved with 121 points.

Next week, the final four will compete to be named “The Voice.” Who do YOU think will win it all? And do you think the right people were sent home tonight? Hit up the comments sections with your thoughts!

— Milly Contreras

More Voice News:

1. Cee Lo Green, You’re So Brave For Admitting You Farted On ‘The Voice’
  2. Christina Aguilera Gives Justin Bieber Evil Eye On ‘The Voice’
  3. Justin Bieber Debuts ‘Boyfriend’ Music Video Clip On ‘The Voice’

labunda

Posted at 7:58 AM on May 9, 2012

Do the math people.

Just in case you can’t I had my one eyed, paranoid schizophrenic, slightly dislexic, balding Jack Russel with a limp make the calculations and he can officially confirm that the splitting of points between Jamar and Julliet by one Mr. Ceelo Green, was negligible when taking into account the public vote. Mr.Jack Russells Verdict….”Mr. Green did not rip off Jamar”.

He would also like to echo the sentiments of Julliets performance on the night when giving his verdict about Mr. Levine’ point split… “It definitely is a mans world” – which I guess you could translate into “Katrina got ripped the F^%&k off, big time” Bad form, Mr. Levine. Jack will now only be singing along to the Karaoke version of Moves like Jagger where the only voices on that are session singer back up vocals and a Christina Ag. impersonator, as a form of protest.

Jessica

Posted at 10:56 PM on May 4, 2012

Yeah! I noticed that! I thought he was so humble and I did like his personality since the beggining until that moment! I’m so pissed off! Cee Lo gave all his heart on that guy and he returns just like that.

Matt

Posted at 9:24 PM on May 4, 2012

Three contestants advanced to the finals because they were chosen by the public and one, who has the backing of Justin Timberlake, advanced to the finals because his coach skewed the vote in his favour. Next season I might just watch the blind auditions.

And who can blame Jamar? It was a shock to find out his coach had pretty much knocked him out, only later did he know it made no difference.

AJ

Posted at 1:07 PM on May 4, 2012

I also noticed what you said about Jamar after he found out he wasn’t moving forward, but in my opinion I don’t believe he was a sore loser. I believe he was probably slightly devastated that his mentor and idol gave him less points. Yeah he needs to be tuff and take it but it’s hard when you have so many emotions running around. You could see the sadness in his face when Cee Lo’s points were announced. I’m just saying…..

Christy

Posted at 3:06 AM on May 4, 2012

Did anyone notice Jamar’s face and demeanor after Juliet was chosen? He looked angry and bitter, and the way he hugged Cee Lo was so halfhearted and fake. To me, Jamar showed his true colors in those moments. He was clearly convinced that he was going to win. Yes, his voice is good, and his story is moving, but in the end those things couldn’t save him. Juliet’s voice is simply better. The other singers who were eliminated were all very gracious and thankful, but Jamar seemed to me like a sore loser. I liked him, but I have to say that I lost some respect for him.

Realist

Posted at 6:22 PM on May 3, 2012

America did not disagree with Cee Lo either. Had he given them 50 points each, Juliett would have still won.

Tony W

Posted at 2:42 PM on May 3, 2012

Well the Voice pretty much sux now :/ This season at least for me is over. Jamar is done, and just not excited to see anyone left sing. Maybe J-Paul, he brings it.

Ryan

Posted at 5:50 AM on May 3, 2012

Judges in this show are insecure with the contestants. They are not reliable and they treat them as competitors in the music world. That’s why all the good contestants, they are voting them out. This show will not go anywhere. it’s just exciting at the beginning.

tibbytx

Posted at 9:00 PM on May 7, 2012

I TOTALLY AGREE…

Yvonne

Posted at 2:33 AM on May 3, 2012

Ha, I was just about to say that! She got ripped off. Maybe Adam knows that no matter what, Katrina has already made it, but Tony needs this win more then she does. Have you noticed that 3 out of 4 of these finalists have recording experience already (that I know, don’t know about Chris). Katrina, Lindsay, Erin, and Jamar don’t have the same kind of experience. So the amateurs lost to the professionals :(.

Casey jonas

Posted at 11:12 PM on May 2, 2012

Do the math…America did not agree with Adam. Katrina got a majority of America, Tony did not

tonya depriest

Posted at 9:58 PM on May 2, 2012

Omg…what in the world..is going on..on this show…the wrong people went home last night!! Jamar u truly inspire me!! Never give up!! Ur the best…im waiting to hear u on the radio…someday soon..

Dillon

Posted at 6:17 PM on May 2, 2012

Looool Juliet would won regardless 40/60 Jamar – 97 Juliet – 101 50/50 J amar – 87 Juliet- 111