Alexander Skarsgard Wants To Play Christian Grey In 'Fifty Shades'

Tue, May 1, 2012 1:34pm EDT by 79 Comments

The ‘True Blood’ star thinks he’s the perfect guy to play the highly coveted role of the gorgeous billionaire who falls in love with the innocent virgin Anastasia Steele — do you think he’s should play Christian?

Alexander Skarsgard has his eyes on the prize! The actor says E.L. James‘ leading man Christian Grey was someone he was meant to play. You’ll never believe why!

“He’s got a sex chamber? My character has that on True Blood,” he tells Access Hollywood. “He’s got his little dungeon.”

But Alexander isn’t the only celeb who wants to play Christian, Vampire Diaries star Ian Somerhalder is reportedly up for the part. Plus, we told you that Kristen Stewart said that Robert Pattinson was reading the book!

— Chloe Melas

Stacy

Posted at 12:17 PM on June 9, 2012

I don’t think that there is a man in this world who could play the part of Christian Grey. They need to find someone who is not a normal actor, because it will just not do to see Alexander or Channing Tatum play the part of such a beautiful man. Honestly, no one could fill that role. Sorry!!

Mo

Posted at 9:10 AM on June 9, 2012

I think alex pettyfer would be a perfect christian grey.

bobila

Posted at 11:37 PM on June 8, 2012

oh please you’re not beautiful… you need to be beautiful enough to qualify and no to vampires (actors who played or are playing vampires in big or small screen)… just NO.

Dee

Posted at 5:13 AM on June 8, 2012

Please don’t use the Twilight people. Soooo sick of them.

ava

Posted at 2:14 PM on June 7, 2012

I think Changing Tatum would better fit to play Christian Gray.He is tall very good looking and body to match…..

faith smith

Posted at 1:45 PM on June 7, 2012

Chris North. Or a younger version.

faith smith

Posted at 1:39 PM on June 7, 2012

No way this guy as Christian. I picture a tall some what larger build, defined, deep voice. When I think of someone to compare to it would be the gentleman that plays Mr big, on Sex in the city. He also was on law and order. He’s tall dark haired dark eyes. Secure, serious, can be mysterious, playful side. Sexy! Keeps your mind guessing. He would be my Christian. So keep tryn.

Melissa

Posted at 4:39 AM on June 6, 2012

Channing Tatum!!!!!! Definitely not Skarsgard

Judy

Posted at 6:15 PM on June 5, 2012

Oh, PLEASE……Do NOT let Kristen Stewart or Robert Pattinson get anywhere near this movie….we’ve already suffered the horror of them totally demolishing the characters of Edward and Bella….

bobila

Posted at 11:39 PM on June 8, 2012

no to kristen and robert… you’ve ruined twilight for me already please don’t ruin another series…

CL

Posted at 10:01 PM on June 3, 2012

i think he’d need some plugs first…the Christian in my mind does not have an obvious receding hairline :(

Dionne butler

Posted at 12:52 PM on June 3, 2012

Well what can I say…… 50 shades has to be the most addictive and compelling reading I’ve ever had. Totally hooked read all 3 books in 5 days. Zooey deschanel would be a great anatascia mr grey well Ian somerhalder! Cannot wait for the film.

Liz

Posted at 9:23 AM on June 3, 2012

Henry Cavill of the Tudors….. HE IS.THE PERFECT CHRISTIAN GREY. He has the hair, the eyes, the height, the prescence….google him.

Diana

Posted at 8:26 AM on June 3, 2012

When I first heard of the movie coming out the first man that has to play Christian had to be Alexander he is the only man that can pull it of

Maribel

Posted at 5:24 PM on June 2, 2012

I DEFINENTLY AGREE THAT ALEXANDER SHOULD PLAY THIS PART…i just finished reading the third book yesterday and when they told me there was a list of potential actors for this role I really thought Alexander was the one who stood out more than any other guy. He has that billionaire look and his eye are to die for. It’s the first time I see this and i am fully taken by him ;)

steph

Posted at 10:27 AM on June 1, 2012

check out William levy! He is the PERFECT christian!!! E.L. James PLEASE keep writing you are the best!

Renee

Posted at 3:30 PM on May 30, 2012

MMM 50 shades of Skarsgard. He’s a perfect Christian! As i continue to read and finish the 3rd book I’ll be thinking of Alex. Only 2 weeks left till the premiere of True blood. Can’t wait!

Olivia

Posted at 3:10 PM on May 28, 2012

Alex Skarsgard is Christan Grey; hands down! As I was reading 50 Shades of Grey, mind my was creating the very image of Alex before I realized it was him. He’s presence is so captivating, sensual and commands a woman to give all that is waiting to be exlpored deep down inside her.

gabluerose

Posted at 2:48 PM on May 28, 2012

Oh Yes! Alex is the perfect man for this job. He is the enbodiment of pure sensual sex! He can give off a feeling of barely controled violence and oh what a body! He is perfect for this Character.
I have read all three books and he could walk right in and fit! , None of the others mentioned are Manly enough to play a Sensual Dominate. for my taste, but what do I know!
Plese write another book!

Mrs Skarsgard

Posted at 11:59 AM on May 28, 2012

Alex is definitely perfect to play Christian Grey. He has the sexy body he is quiet and commanding, extremely intelligent and possesses a great sense of humor.. Not child like like Patterson but a real man. I have read all three fifty’s and can see Alex portraying the role perfectly. He would make a perfect FIFTY!!

natt

Posted at 10:01 AM on May 28, 2012

I am dreaming of alex as Christian he’s the Christian Grey of my dreams.

Amanda

Posted at 11:09 PM on May 23, 2012

Alexander has been Christian since I read the very first book!!!!!

Laurel Coverly

Posted at 2:28 PM on May 23, 2012

Alexander is Christian Grey, He is perfect for the role.

Joanna Z

Posted at 9:41 AM on May 22, 2012

I vote Channing Tatum or Alex Scarsgard……Christian grey is super sexy and I just dont think i can stand another Rob and Kristen movie….lets see some new people here!!!! If they cast the two of them its just another twilight and to be honest its getting played out!

lisa

Posted at 9:55 AM on May 21, 2012

Omg yes Alex should play christian Gray and i hope E L james keeps writing I feel like Iam part of their life Loving the Books Im almost done with fifty shades darker next is fifty shades freed. please keep writing its the most awesome books ive ever read you have it all over jackie collins. she is now my second favorite author brightest blessings to you E L JAMES your friend LISA

Megan

Posted at 7:15 PM on May 20, 2012

alex should deff get thr role. I pictured him the hole time!!!!