Alexander Skarsgard Wants To Play Christian Grey In 'Fifty Shades'

Tue, May 1, 2012 1:34pm EDT by 79 Comments

The ‘True Blood’ star thinks he’s the perfect guy to play the highly coveted role of the gorgeous billionaire who falls in love with the innocent virgin Anastasia Steele — do you think he’s should play Christian?

Alexander Skarsgard has his eyes on the prize! The actor says E.L. James‘ leading man Christian Grey was someone he was meant to play. You’ll never believe why!

“He’s got a sex chamber? My character has that on True Blood,” he tells Access Hollywood. “He’s got his little dungeon.”

But Alexander isn’t the only celeb who wants to play Christian, Vampire Diaries star Ian Somerhalder is reportedly up for the part. Plus, we told you that Kristen Stewart said that Robert Pattinson was reading the book!

— Chloe Melas

Faith

Posted at 9:44 PM on September 7, 2012

Alexander Skarsgard would make the BEST Christian Grey, hands down! He’s got that sleek, dark, mysterious, debonair, not to mention sexy persona that makes for a PERFECT character fit! I will be thoroughly disappointed if he doesn’t make the cut!

Nox

Posted at 4:38 PM on August 14, 2012

Alexander Skarsgard – Christian,
Allison Williams – Ana
Joe Manganiello – Elliot Grey
Channing Tatum- Taylor
NO KSTEW or RPATZ for god’s sake. That girl cannot act.. Being who you are in real life is not acting. And from the books i really didnt think Ana was constipated all the time so KStew wont work for the role :)

Kayj

Posted at 12:42 PM on August 12, 2012

Christian Grey: Gaspard Ulliel
Anastasia Steele: Amanda Seyfried

roxanne

Posted at 5:14 PM on July 3, 2012

what about collin egglesfield? for christian grey

cheryl

Posted at 5:55 AM on July 3, 2012

OK so I think I would like to see someone new playing Christian Grey – Check out this guy – his name is Jessie Pavelka….. He is just too perfect for the role! Seriously check him out, you wont be sorry!

Saz

Posted at 5:41 PM on July 2, 2012

I dont egt why people seem to think Kristen Stewart should play the part of Ana, ok she played bella swan, but i dont think she is made ofr the role of Ana, there are far better females out there to play the part. Plus Stewart acts like shes in the theatre rather than in a movie, if you watch her, gestures etc, She just wouldnt be right. Either of those males suggested would fit perfectly for the part. I also like Gale Harold, he would make a good Christian Grey to, he should not be over looked.

Julie

Posted at 12:21 PM on June 29, 2012

Hes kinda got that look but I think Ian Somerhalder has it more!!!

Jessica Abbott

Posted at 6:13 PM on June 27, 2012

No! This man does not have the empowering, shattering face of Christian Gray!
I have no idea on who would, I haven’t thought much about it, but the face of Alexander us not mesmerising or mysterious.
I am nOt even sure a film could go ahead, surely it would have to be x rated.
I think thisis one of those books that is best to be left a book. Leaving some originality and imagination. I think a movie could ruin the fifty shades trilogy.
Christian Gray could have the face of anybody. Its your world to play with, a movie would take that away.

rene

Posted at 4:00 AM on June 26, 2012

has to be charlie sheen

SAMREEN

Posted at 2:24 PM on June 24, 2012

No Robert Pattinson please if he is doing it then its wrong the person writer describe its so handsome that girl cant stop herself fall in love with that kind of person
Alexander Skarsgard is a nice choice but I think Ian somerholder is better choice

Yyesenia

Posted at 11:58 PM on June 21, 2012

Matt Bomer would make the PERFECT Christian Grey

Nikki

Posted at 6:05 AM on June 28, 2012

Nah sorry he is fit but too old!!!

Amanda

Posted at 1:18 AM on December 24, 2012

He is a very good actor… but if you think he is old maybe Alex Pettyfer would be more to your liking?

Jody

Posted at 12:46 PM on June 15, 2012

Alexander Skarsgard is the guy I was invisioning as I was reading the 3 books. But if he doesn’t get the role, it should go to Henry Cavill or Colin Egglesfield!!!

leelee

Posted at 2:29 PM on June 12, 2012

just googled pics of alex and channing….im afraid channing wins hands down..hes got the smouldering looks an the way his trousers hang off his hips…well it has to be him……

Arae

Posted at 8:23 PM on June 17, 2012

CHANNING TATUM! CHANNING TATUM! CHANNING TATUM! TOTALLY CHRISTIAN GREY!!

Nikki

Posted at 6:08 AM on June 28, 2012

Channing is a lush man but i dont think he is well spoken enough and a little too bulky but i agree he has got the smoulder!!!

becky

Posted at 11:05 PM on June 11, 2012

This is who i thought of reading the book! He’d do good i think.

latoytia

Posted at 6:43 PM on June 11, 2012

I think James Franco would be a good choice or James vanderwhatshisname

Anne

Posted at 4:57 PM on June 9, 2012

As already pointed there was no mention of a receding hairline in the books sorry alex good as a vamp not so much as christian he’s suposed to be 27!! I honestly think i would throw up a bit in my mouth if he was teamed with some of the young actresses that have been suggested for the role.
In my mind christian grey is alex pettyfer or gaspard ulliel, especially in the bleu de chanel ad, check it out.

DK

Posted at 1:21 PM on June 9, 2012

No no no! Sorry Alexander, but I think many women will be dispppointed if you played Christian Grey. I envision Christian to be so good looking, you’d have to peel my eyes away from him. You don’t do that for me. I’ll look right past you.

Pam Fgl

Posted at 12:59 PM on June 27, 2012

I agree!!! Skarsgard is NOT Christian!! it has to totally be an unknown actor and this casting must be perfect or it will ruin the whole movie!!

nikki

Posted at 6:03 AM on June 28, 2012

I am soooo sorry alx i love you in true blood but i think you are too old to play christian it sould be Ian Somerhaider all the way he is dark and easy to make copper and he has the smoulder down with the million dollar smile