'Celebrity Apprentice': Latest Fired Celeb Tells Us 'It Was A Relief'

Sun, April 29, 2012 11:00pm EDT by 35 Comments

The celebrity fired on the April 29 episode gives HollywoodLife.com the scoop on his (or her) exit: ‘It was just my time.’

Lisa Lampanelli clashed with Dayana Mendoza for the millionth time April 29 on The Celebrity Apprentice, but this time, the “Queen of Mean” wasn’t alone! When project manager Dayana attempted to critique Clay Aiken‘s singing and change Lisa’s lyrics — she called Dayana’s writing style “pure idiocy” — her teammates revolted. There was yelling, there was crying, and expectedly, there was one ugly boardroom.

“With all due respect, there’s nothing going on ‘up here,'” Lisa told Donald Trump about Dayana. “She’s the female Lou Ferrigno, and I object to that.”

Despite being on the other team, Aubrey O’Day jumped in to defend Lisa against Dayana’s accusations that “Lisa only works when she wants to.”

In the end, it was Dayana — the boardroom’s most popular seat-filler — who received those two dreaded words from the Donald.

But don’t feel too badly for the former Ms. Universe. She tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively that she’s happy to be ‘unemployed.’

“It was a relief for me,” Dayana says. “It’s frustrating to work with people who don’t want to work with you, and it was just my time. I was happy to know that, at the end of the day, I did what I came to do. I raised more money than I ever thought I could, not only for my charity but for other charities. And it’s all for a good cause, so all the screaming and the yelling was worth it.”

And in a nod to the show’s editing, Dayana also tells us she has no qualms with her portrayal.

“It’s me,” she admits. “Everything that happened is there. It’s all real.”

Do you think Dayana was the right celebrity to go, or should Clay or Lisa been fired? Cast your vote below, then hit up the comments section with your reactions!

— Andy Swift

Susan Smith

Posted at 11:08 AM on May 5, 2012

I find Lisa Lampanilli abusive and almost unbalanced. To visably see her dislike of another human being, for her to make no bones about what she says and to have no skills to deal with her own frustration beyond flat out bullying amazes me. I am also confused and dissapointed that her behavior is perceived by Mr. Trump as acceptable and apparantly OK for good business…?? I can’t imagine how anything nasty that comes our of Lisa’s month in her comedy routines will ever seem funny again.

Dana

Posted at 8:55 AM on May 5, 2012

Plain and simple Lisa is a bully!

Jude Brady

Posted at 10:05 PM on May 4, 2012

Dayana had the right ideas by remaining kind and tolerant while Lisa just was a rude, rude person. She really hit below the belt unnecessarily. Lisa and Clay would not let her be project manager and if she had tried to be on the stage with the two, they might have gotten violent to stop her. I don’t agree that Dayana should have been fired when she was truly trying to manage the project but Lisa and Clay were too rude. Awful! Talent? Skill? I don’t see that with the two of them. I see arrogance and two show offs. They teamed against Dayana.

Alan

Posted at 4:05 PM on May 4, 2012

Lisa L is a fat,homely loudmouth who is just jealous. Dayana will land on her feet, and will undoubtedly marry some billionaire

Robhart

Posted at 3:47 AM on May 4, 2012

Donald please fire Lisa L. and Aubrey. Lisa is hateful and narcissistic. Aubrey is insecure and narcissistic. I don’t think Aubrey can deal with anyone, i.e., Dayana, that is more glamorous than her. Dayana possesses more class, internal beauty and external beauty than both these witches combined. I am hoping the dark sisters suffer permanent negative reaction from their behavior.

Renee3837

Posted at 3:43 PM on May 3, 2012

Aubrey is a spoiled brat. Everything is about Aubrey, no wonder she and Lisa get along so well. And who wants Lisa or Aubrey representing their charities? I wouldn’t. They are acting like spoiled little kids.

I think Dayanna had so much class. She is a beautiful woman inside and out. She had to speak a second language and deal with the meanest bully on the planet, Lisa. Let’s face it, anyone who does a stage production and keeps Dayanna backstage is an idiot because Dayanna is drop dead gorgeous. She would have been a plus for the client’s image, and because Lisa is so jeolous and selfish, she made it impossible for her team to win.

Lanna

Posted at 3:35 PM on May 3, 2012

Clay is going to win. How do I know? Because DT always picks the whitest white boy constestant. Unless the woman or minority is outstanding, he makes up his mind pretty fast. Also, towards the middle of the show he starts asking his pick more questions. So Clay will win–what else is new.

Lisa is not a nice person. She will never win because while Trump may like her in-your-face-style, he would never want a volatile person representing him. She’s like the woman Trump would like to date, but can’t bring home.

One more thing, I don’t think any minority expects to really win, they are there for their charities and that’s it. Right now, Trump can’t wait to fire Arsenio. Minorities are hired (in the producer’s mind) for drama, and that’s sad, but it’s true. If I were a minority or woman, I would never go on that show. It’s degrading.

jay

Posted at 1:32 PM on May 8, 2012

I don’t know, I don’t think past winners Kendra Todd, Stefanie Schaeffer, Joan Rivers or Brandy Kuentzel could be considered “whitest white boys”.

belle

Posted at 9:38 PM on May 2, 2012

IMO it appears that the majority of watchers of CA were completely fooled by Dayana. If ever there was a perfect example of passive-aggressive behavior it is Dayana’s. If you study her reactions in response to the other contestants’ verbal attacks against her you will note her total absence of emotions & body language. She remains still and calm while barely discernible smiles flit across her face. When the atmosphere heats up she continues to demand that her half-ass, annoying and time-wasting suggestions be heard.
“I just want to help”, she pleads, quietly. “They don’t want me” . In control now. She has her payoff.
Give me a loud mouth fighter like Lisa anyday. At least it’s an honest battle.

Grahame

Posted at 8:40 PM on May 2, 2012

Can’t wait to see Lisa fired . Get some balls the rest of you and stand up to her filthy mouth and stop being bullied . People like her develop bad attitudes toward others because they aren’t happy with who they are , its their way of covering up their own disappointments in themselves . Lisa can pretend all she likes , but the curtain can down and she exposed her true self when Dianna said that Lisa was the most disrespectful person she had ever dealt with. Lisa was deeply hurt , if only for a moment however it proves to me and the world she dislikes that about herself. The reason Lisa is a filthy mouthed , fat , ugly woman with an equally bad attitude and zero respect for anyone including herself is because she deserves it . She has proven to the world what a pig she is . If that was her goal she achieved it from day one . Any self respecting normal person would soul search enough with the feedback others had given to see the a major flaw and set to change themselves to be a better person . Self absorbed with a huge ego …………Lisa you are a disgrace to the show and yourself , you deseve to be who you are ……..nasty , fat , ugly and dishonest

Michelle

Posted at 2:05 AM on May 3, 2012

I can’t wait to see Lisa fired too. Time for Donald to take out that trashy pig. She’s smelling up the place.

Mark

Posted at 6:12 PM on May 2, 2012

Dayana seemed to be bullied consistently each and every episode. There were episodes where she Did not belong in the boardroom (eg puppet up) but was called in anyways because it would seem her teammates viewed her as an easy up. She was consistently the butt end of rude and racist jokes by Lisa. I used to like watching shows like celebrity roast, but after seeing Lisa on this show I will not support her as she has shown her true colors. I guess it’s easy to say that you have done everything when you give nobody a chance to work with you. Who cares if their ideas are bad, isn’t that what brainstorming is? Just bad business on Lisa’s behalf.

Grant Kay

Posted at 10:05 AM on May 2, 2012

Dayana what a way to show this modern world what a real beauty is, respectful and full of humility … Ur trully special … I bet ur happy to be free of such trash… Donald trump should have taken out the trash, Lisa ur just apt he most degusting Human being I have ever seen on TV, you should of been fired for the disrespect you continued to show ur team mate. If Donald trump think this is the way mangers should run companies then it’s no wonder the USA is in the red…. I will never support anything Lisa or Aubrey have any involvement in, there both suppose to be there fighting for there charity’s not a beautiful soul inside and out… Dayana u are so rare n amazing ….. Lisa clay and Aubrey ur nothing short of disgusting … U all are working for gay and les rights and ur done noting but bully yourself what is this showing us… Come on Donald trump wake up ….. The only one that has shown respect is arsieino he must win….. Working for a gay group also not abusing people.. Grant

Carmelita

Posted at 12:28 AM on May 2, 2012

It’s just sad what this world has come out of – Lisa and Aubrey both are trash, and Clay does not respect authority and apparrently He thinks “he’s all that”. Good for you , Dayana, you’re lucky to get away from these “uneducated, fat cows trash and low-life scums” that always put people down just to get ahead – there’s always “karma” so continue to believe in yourself and you’ll see you’re ahead of all of them. Good thing you did not win because can you imagine yourself working for someone who’s ego is so huge he thinks he’s “God” (Trump). It was obvious he likes the type of people just like him and his children. So Dayana, you’re the Champion!

ann

Posted at 10:14 AM on May 1, 2012

Women love man who strong, honest, brave and have the sense of responsibility. Men love women beautiful, sexy, good-heart and fond. – If I may introduce you the first and biggest cougar site ___Cougarlove .COM___ the largest and best club for seeking singles and their admirers. Lots of handsome guys and sexy women there. Meet your soul-mate today!

lizard count

Posted at 2:58 AM on May 1, 2012

Lisa is very much a cry baby and no very professional. It would be a Clay thing to back up fugly chick and trash a babe.

Jeff Sweetman

Posted at 6:49 PM on April 30, 2012

The math of Celebrity Apprentice…great conflict = great drama = great television = great ratings.

Firing Dayana was a no-brainer because, while she’s great to look at, the conflict with her was getting tiresome. And, while Lisa is extremely rude and disrespectful, she makes for great drama.

Its easy to see that they’re setting up the two conflicts between Arsenio/Aubrey and Lisa/Clay. Although CA may lose some of Teresa’s loyal followers, therefore, she’s clearly the next to go. Like Dayana, her one-dimensional act is getting bo-ring.

Based on the previews, it looks like two people will be fired. I hate to see this because he’s been very intelligent and professional, but I think Arsenio may be the second one to go. His conflict with Aubrey has been played out, he’s won a ton of money for his charity, he is the least creative of the ones remaiming and he doesn’t bring the young demographic that the advertisers want.

That will set up a war between the three most confrontational celebrities – Aubrey, Lisa and Clay. The winner will be based not on who is the best leader but who will bring the most ratings.

Lisa is out next because she appeals to an older audience and her tirades are really getting to be a turnoff. That leaves Aubrey vs Clay.

Aubrey creates the best drama and definitely delivers male and young demos. Shes also clearly the most creative. But she is not a good leader and I cant believe that Trump would want to taint his brand with someone with her divisive personality.

Even though male vocalists have won the last two contests, I think Clay will emerge as the 2012 Celebrity Apprentice. You can tell just by the way they edit him throughout the program. He has the strongest leadership skills, he is very creative, he is confrontational without being polarizing and he brings the young demo.

I can’t wait to see next week’s show to learn if I was right.

marty

Posted at 10:59 AM on April 30, 2012

It would have served no purpose for Dayana to have stayed and taken abuse for yet another day. She knew it, we knew it, and Trump knew it. I’m happy for her that she’s free. She hung in there and gave it the old college try, took the abuse like a champ, won money for her charity, helped other’s win for their’s, and rolled out gracefully and with her head up! Well done Dayana! I have to say that I understood a little where all three of them were coming from, but Lisa in NO WAY should have called Dayana that hateful name. There was NO REASON she had to take it there. And KEEP taking it there! That shows lack of verbal skills, and if she is “as smart” as she keeps saying she is, then she is in dire need of going back and getting some knowledge on “verbal skillage!” It’s only when you have nothing to say, and can’t one up your opposition that you have to resort to name calling. That seriously makes you look STUPID! O’Day was her clownlike self as usual. She is so BORING and predictable you have to laugh at her. Her ugly face is getting WIDER and WEIRDER! Arsenio did the right thing, he used the FOOL and used her up GOOD! Ha! Ha! HIS charity won, so that makes him AHEAD of O’Day, and the dumb idiot has no CLUE! She had the gall to tell Trump that a “good” PM will utilize the talent, but then she turns around and talks out of the side of her neck that she’s “doing” everything! Make up your bi-polar mind girl! I think all of that dye, and 11 lbs. of make-up is doing horrible things to your mind! Then again, no, she’s just WACK!

dfan

Posted at 10:52 AM on April 30, 2012

lisa is clueless and clay is murky water. why the donald doesn’t put them in their place is questionable

mouse

Posted at 10:49 AM on April 30, 2012

lisa are clueless about class and clay is is lisa’s claypot used for spitting up her demonic work

Julie

Posted at 5:41 AM on April 30, 2012

Dayana handled herself with class and dignity. Lisa, on the othr hand, is low class trash who at age 50 has no clue. Lisa is old enough to be Dayana’s mother!

James Stillman

Posted at 1:30 AM on April 30, 2012

Tonight’s show demonstrates what’s going wrong in America today. It’s hard to imagine how Dayana could possibly have had more patience, poise and dignity. We saw where it led her in a boardroom that rewards nastiness and where no good deed goes unpunished. Moreover, we shouldn’t be glorifying an egomaniac and his parasitic kids for firing people. If that’s their success, then it smells rotten!

JT3393

Posted at 4:00 PM on May 3, 2012

I totally agree with you. The boardroom is not a place for anyone with class or dignity. Donald promotes throwing your teammates under the bus. At one time he waited until you knew who lost before asking who you were going to bring back to the boardroom. Now it’s a free for all on both sides, win or lose. Shameful.

When Latoya Jackson was on the show, I really felt bad for her because she wasn’t raised to be mean spirited. She was the one who wanted to work together in harmony. That’s all she’s ever known because she came from a close-knit family that works TOGETHER.

Ne Ne Leakes will never understand that concept in a million years. So Latoya represented herself and her family well. Ne Ne on the other hand could have done without the Apprentice. I’m sure she made money, but your reputation is worth so much more.

Elisa

Posted at 12:36 AM on April 30, 2012

Poor Lisa, twice Dayanas age and she still hasn’t figured out no matter how ugly and insulting you are to others you still have to look at yourself in the mirrror everday. Go take a jog through the park once in awhile, you might just maybe lose some weight and not be so miserable with your reflection. Its also a good stresses reliever. She is very angry, throws fits, always crying, please someone give that baby a bottle! Got to give it up to Dayana, she put up with allot of crap from crazy ass Lisa and kept it classy till the very end.The girl knows three languages she can’t be that dumb.:- jealousy will make you bitter.

April

Posted at 12:24 AM on April 30, 2012

I think Dayana has always handled herself with grace and dignity. I was really disappointed to see her go. I hope that she finds much success in life. I believe that she will go far. Lisa and Aubrey on the other hand are the most obnoxious women I have ever seen. I believe they were always threatened by Dayana’s beauty and charm. I really believe that handling yourself with grace and elegance is the best way to be.

Theresa

Posted at 12:13 AM on April 30, 2012

I am so sick of Lisa’s disrespect of people and her foul language. She seriously has a problem and needs to get counseling for her horrible words and behavior. Dayana admitted that she used the wrong word in describing what Lisa did on this task, but it was in response to all of the verbal abuse Lisa used against her in times past where her ideas were marginalized and her language barrier was an issue. Wow, Lisa, i never thought that you were such a nasty person in real life…I thought it was only an onstage act. You treated Dayana like she wasn’t a person and that is very hard to overlook when everyone deserves dignity and respect. All of you are there to raise money for charity, not to degrade and judge each other’s brains and worth. Lisa should be ashamed of herself and i hope that in watching back these episodes, she will truly see the need for her own healing and counseling.

Sherie

Posted at 11:31 PM on April 29, 2012

I think Aubrey is trash, looks like a rainbow trout, very immature. She reminds me of the scene “clueless ” when Cher made herself sound smart talking about Ren and Stimpy, “clueless”. She needs to learn that sometimes silence, respect, selflessness is a virtue. She needs to stop being so jealous from of Dayana, who kills her ugly, cheap, nappy weave wearing self.

Eliza

Posted at 11:24 PM on April 29, 2012

I feel that Lisa should have been fired because its enough of her insults. Poor Dayana had to listen to her put downs.
Why didn’t Donald fire Clay or Lisa this time? They lost and it was their fault. Oh well at least Dayana is not in that drama anymore. I wish her the best she’s a lovely girl with class and integrity:)

mouse

Posted at 11:02 AM on April 30, 2012

lisa is clueless about dignity and grace. she covers up her insecurities with her vulgarity and insulting ways. never seen a person so envious about a beautiful woman like Dayana Mendoza who was born beautiful and will remain beautiful no matter what the circumstances are. Dayana handled herself like a lady through it all. I have great respect for her for being the epitomy of a lady, something Lisa nor Clay could ever be.