Taylor Swift: Why Selena Gomez Is Like My 'Sister'

Thu, April 26, 2012 9:39pm EDT by 43 Comments

Selena Gomez is not only beautiful, talented, and dating one of the hottest guys in Hollywood — she’s also a great best friend!

When Selena Gomez is not starring in a movie, recording a hit single, or hanging out with beau Justin Bieber, she’s being a best friend to country superstar Taylor Swift. In a recent interview with the Brazilian magazine Capricho, Taylor reveals why Selena is the ideal BFF.

“She’s so trustworthy, never judges you and knows how to listen,” Taylor, 22, said. “We’ve been friends for four years and she has been through so much with me that I can say we’re almost sisters.”

On top of being a shoulder to cry on and a best friend to depend on, Taylor also admitted Selena gives the best gifts. Whenever she travels some place new, she always purchases something interesting she thinks Taylor would like.

“She gave me a clock once! It’s beautiful, and antique. I placed at the entrance of my house, so that I’ll get reminded everyday of how good she is with gifts!” Taylor said about her favorite present from Selena.

We think that Selena and Taylor are the most down-to-earth and sweetest best friends in Hollywood!

Do YOU have a friend who’s like a sister?

Nicole Fukuoka

1. Taylor Swift’s Bended Bang — Steal Her Look
  2. Selena Gomez Loves Justin Bieber & Taylor Swift’s ‘Beautiful’ Duet
  3. Justin Bieber & Taylor Swift Recording A Song Together

TaylorLover

Posted at 2:22 PM on June 12, 2014

Taylor Swift is my favorite singer

bb

Posted at 9:30 PM on October 15, 2013

I like Taylor’s and selena’s relationship.

faith

Posted at 12:27 PM on June 7, 2013

i luv u guys selena taylor and demi also taylor i like ur song 22, selena i like ur songlove u like a love song and demi i like ur song la la land u guys inspire me aod 1 day i want 2 b a singer

Delayor(Demi,Selena & Taylor fan)

Posted at 1:40 PM on February 24, 2013

I love Taylor, Selena and Demi. So any haters out there or any of them, maybe you’re just going along with the crowd or maybe you hate them because they broke up or did something upset YOUR favourite celebrity. But the truth is, you might not know them as well. “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover.” They are all friends – best friends. You might think it’s Demi and Selena because you might like them better or hate Taylor or the other way round but, I really think they are amazing so you should think about what I’m saying.
I really hope to meet them one day. :) xx

(all 3) fan!

Posted at 1:45 PM on February 24, 2013

You are right Delayor! I hope for you so much that you do meet them because you are such a loyal good fan and believe me, there aren’t many out there!

anne

Posted at 4:03 AM on February 15, 2013

selena no 1 fan ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE U IM UR NO 1 FAN. (FAINT)

bb

Posted at 9:31 PM on October 15, 2013

me to

selena

Posted at 6:32 AM on August 14, 2012

okay people stop fighting ive hd enough all u do is poke into other peoples businesses u never care about selena and demi we know she made a mistak. one misatake changed her whole life selena is gonna support demi her whole life taylor may judt be a friend but shed never be close as demi is to selena . so thats that delena 4 lyf taylors just a friend not her bff. thats life4. i dont care if u like taylor nd selena as bffs selena specifacally sed demi lovato and i hav been bffs since barney

selena

Posted at 9:41 AM on August 10, 2012

fyi selena and demi are bffs nt taylor swift theyre just friends are theyre not ss close as demi and selena betstfriends are like delena

Esme Papworth

Posted at 7:22 AM on July 7, 2012

I LOVE SELENA AND TAYLOR SELINA IS MY FAV SONG WRITER AND I WANT TO BE LIKE HER WHEN I GET OLDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heart life

Posted at 4:25 PM on June 6, 2012

AWW! I am super fans of both of them and I support their friendship 100 percent! If you;ll notice…they’re very strong ppl. Miley and demi both went down the wrong paths, and Sel and Tay didn’t.

Lol97

Posted at 8:42 AM on June 27, 2012

I Love them both too! They are both amazing girls :D

ESME

Posted at 7:24 AM on July 7, 2012

YER RIGHT YOU ARE SO WIRD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted at 6:07 AM on October 7, 2012

thank you soo much for admitting about the demi and miley thing!!! everyone just blames Selena for leaving her and it isn’t true!!!! and i am super fans of them too!!! i am soo excited for selena proposed collaboration with taylor!!!

Saya

Posted at 12:36 AM on May 20, 2012

Just saying I’m just annoyed now that people like Selena Gomez and Justin bieber and B.O.B, etc. are changing Taylor into a different person. I mean it’s ok to be friends with them but friends can pressure you into doing bad things sometimes. Like her boob job? And what about her new collab with a RAP star is that even herself? Like she might be doing it just to be “successful”. I love Taylor and I’m a huge fan but I just miss the old Taylor swift. She doesn’t even wear curly hair anymore. I miss how she used to wear cowboy boots all the time and sing about beautiful fairytale love. Oh well. I hope her new album is more country than pop

srilanka news

Posted at 8:51 AM on May 1, 2012

I have been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or blog posts in this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Reading this info So i’m glad to exhibit that I’ve an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I so much certainly will make certain to don?t overlook this website and provides it a look on a relentless basis.

Viasouthernbelle

Posted at 4:41 AM on April 30, 2012

i think they have different paths in life. Demi went through some things that made her grow up a lot quicker than Selena; drugs, eating disorder. And immediately disconnecting herself from Disney and owning what she did and growing up. She hangs with the Kardashians and was kissing Wilmer who is 32! I think that some friends just grow apart.

Deniz

Posted at 5:34 AM on April 28, 2012

fraternal ! ♥

Haniz

Posted at 10:52 PM on April 30, 2012

Seriously?! This is about Selena & Taylor. Why mention Demi or Miley? Selena & Demi are still BFF, no matter what. And to call Selena names.. Who the hell are you? Where’s your respect? You got no rights to judge someone. You don’t even know the real her, you only know her name. So shut it.

If you got nothing nice to say about, just shut it.

Rose

Posted at 8:30 AM on April 27, 2012

Yeah I want Demi to come back. I honestly think that Selena is Fake and an attention whore and only hangs out with the “A-listers” I love how Miley and Demi are so real and talk about they issues instead of avoiding them. I think Selena left Demi behind :(

Drainah Mason

Posted at 8:49 AM on April 27, 2012

i don’t know how stupid you are, do you seriously think when someone is good, they are fake??? is it right that you have a lot of issues like Demi or Miley, so you think they are real?? pathetic! I think your life is very miserable, am i right?

paul

Posted at 9:55 AM on April 27, 2012

Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato .. bong & cocaine & selfcutting & puke .. yes, two best friends who deserve each other

rehan

Posted at 6:36 AM on April 27, 2012

i love that taylor is friend with amazing people.. and dnt want that fat cow, drama queen, lier Demi and that naked Miley near Taylor

dsfsdfg

Posted at 6:57 PM on April 27, 2012

hey have some respect.
you wouldnt want someone to say i dont want taylor near that fake fame whore selena.

ashley

Posted at 2:25 AM on March 2, 2013

um excuse me thats so rude miley and demi are really pretty and nice and i dnt think talor is anywhere pretty

Taylorlover

Posted at 6:33 AM on April 27, 2012

I love the friendship between tay and sel.. haters gnna hate, but these two are best in that own way.

LolaDawn

Posted at 5:23 AM on April 27, 2012

Why is it that whenever Selena talks about BFFs people always have to mention Demi? You can have more than one best friend, and Selena and Demi are still friends. Yes there has been tension between them but that happens all the time with friendships, we don’t know the whole situation. People need to stop judging Selena, Taylor, and Demi.

annoyedbyppl

Posted at 5:15 AM on April 27, 2012

who the hell do u think you are that u all can judge anybody???u all act like u know them or know whats going on. stop being pathetic hating losers.why search for them if u don’t like them???jealous hoes…

thecat61

Posted at 4:44 AM on April 27, 2012

Maybe Demi finally realized that Selena is nothing but an attention whore and a fake.

Sarah

Posted at 3:45 AM on April 27, 2012

There is tension between demi and selena,the whole friendship thing between taylor and selena seems fake and awkward ,its so weird

kaley

Posted at 4:17 AM on April 27, 2012

So true! do best friends date the same guy?? it is weird honestly! it seems that they want only one thing” to show us that they are happy together in a happy world”: of course their world is fake and so do them! In this case I prefer Demi or Miley cause they don’t always talk about how perfect their friendship is and blablabla.Swift is 22 now damn she should act her age and grow up!As for Selena don’t offense but it seems to me that she is always “hanging out” with the A-listers of the moment every year! HYPOCRITES AND FAKE that’s what they are!

Nice

Posted at 3:00 AM on April 27, 2012

Taylor and Selena make awsome best friends and I love how they always do fun things togather. Selena will really need Taylor when her relationship with Bieber eventually comes to an end. I do think Selena kinda left Demi out in the cold but even Demi says they are still friends….I want to know what Taylor and Demi think of each other, I’m sure theirs some tension their…I would love to see all 3 of them be great friends.

really

Posted at 12:55 AM on April 27, 2012

really, I cant believe you guys right now. Dont u guys realize that demi was not nice to selena for a long time (she even admitted it). Demi ditched selena for miley remember? Demi and selena were not friends while she was doing drugs and even after that selena reached out to demi when she was in rehab. selena is a good person because even though her and demi were not friends anymore, she never talked bad about her and she was there for her in her time of need. I dont think anyone should judge selena for hanging out with the people that she want. also I hope you people do reaize that you can have more than one best friend. thats all i have to say.

Ii

Posted at 2:23 AM on April 27, 2012

Lol

Posted at 2:39 AM on April 27, 2012

Your right you shouldn’t judge selena

Olivia

Posted at 11:45 AM on April 27, 2012

Selena didn’t talk bad about demi im sorry i lile taylor,demi and selena butyou are all saying this like you know them most people have horrible things about/to people its just if any of them did it in public they would loose fans

LOL

Posted at 8:51 AM on June 27, 2012

I agree.. They are both good people, compared to so many others… People shouldn’t judge, cause 1. they are humans like us, and 2. they can be friends with whoever they want to ;)

I hope that Demi and Selena still are friends, and no matter what happened between them (or didn’t happen) is past ;)

DELENAA??!??!

Posted at 12:09 AM on April 27, 2012

WHAT HAPPEN TO DEMI AND SELENA. SELENA JUST WANTED ATTENTION SO SHE LEFT DEMI AND WENT CRAWLING TO TAYLOR! SUCH A …

yup

Posted at 12:22 AM on April 27, 2012

you got that right. so trueee

hello!

Posted at 9:49 PM on April 26, 2012

Wat happened to Delena? she replaced demi with taylor… while she was having an eating disorder :(

i miss demi and selena

Posted at 9:47 PM on April 26, 2012

what ever happen to demi lovato and selana gomez they where such good friends ? :( i guess selena gomez just wants to be more famous with a-list friends than girls who suffer wow how selfish

emily

Posted at 12:22 AM on April 27, 2012

ikrrr

Nikta

Posted at 7:06 AM on August 15, 2012

I think selena is nice and she can be everyone’s friend!!!!!:)