Sean Goldman Speaks In His First Interview Since Abduction

Thu, April 26, 2012 11:23am EDT by 18 Comments
Sean Goldman Interview

Sean Goldman who was kidnapped at 4-years-old in 2004 by his mother and taken to Brazil finally talks about reuniting with his father in a new interview!

Sean Goldman of Tinton Falls, New Jersey was abducted to Brazil in 2004 at the age of 4 by his Brazilian-born mother. She left suddenly without telling his father, David Goldman. But now Sean has been reunited with his dad after five years of an international dispute and custody battle — and he’s speaking out about the ordeal!

Sean, now 11, will appear in his first interview since reuniting with his father in 2009. The interview airs on the April 27 episode of NBC’s Dateline at 10 p.m. with Meredith Vieira.

President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton got involved so the father and son could be re-connected. They were able to move the case to Brazilian federal court from the local courts, which allowed the father to be awarded with custody of his biological son!

Their bond could not be any stronger after they were reunited in 2009 and now his father is his “best buddy.”

“Other dads might just be a dad, but he’s more than a dad,’’ he said.

We are so happy that Sean and his father were reunited and he is back home in America!

HollywoodLifers, what do YOU think about the Sean Goldman case?

More HollyBaby News:

1. Beyonce Reveals How She Lost 50 Pounds After Giving Birth
  2. Police Shocker: Missing Madeleine McCann Might Still Be Alive
  3. Matthew Badger Recalls His Last Moments With 3 Daughters Killed In A Fire

cams for free

Posted at 10:51 PM on July 20, 2013

Hi! I’ve been following your web site for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Austin Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the excellent job!

angielski wrocław

Posted at 6:10 PM on June 23, 2013

I am sure this piece of writing has touched all the internet
viewers, its really really fastidious article on building up new blog.

O. LeCompte

Posted at 3:20 PM on March 24, 2013

Would love to see an update on Sean and his father (3/24/2013). Knowing how much a father can love a son or daughter, I shed tears for his dad when following his battle to get his son back. I wish Sean and David the best life can supply.

donna

Posted at 5:14 PM on May 7, 2012

I was so happy to hear that Sean was able to be returned to his father. Bruna sounded like a cold woman. Sorry to say this but her death was her karma for what she did to David.
Sean seems so happy to be reunited with his father. David impressed me with his courage and devotion to get his son. Thank God, the president, etc. got involved.

I wish them all the happiness in the future. They look so identical. God bless them both.

Ginger

Posted at 9:52 PM on May 4, 2012

I followed this story with interest and I was very pleased Mr. Goldman got his son back. Sean seems to be doing well and I am thrilled the family agreed to an update. Many blessings to them going forward.

Wendy Shaw

Posted at 6:28 PM on May 2, 2012

The whole thing is kind of sad. I would like to see an interview with Sean when
he turns 18 and can speak without inhibition I feel he is constrained in his answers with Meredith and there is a sadness. The USA is so great but it must have been traumatic to be plucked
from a place and people that he spent his formative years with i.e Brazil
I don’t have that much sympathy for his step father but I am sure Sean’s little sister misses him and the poor grandmother-she must be so sad.
I am sure it has not been easy for David Goldman either but at least he has his son back. Maybe soon the dust will clear, cooler heads will prevail and the family from Brazil can spend time with Sean even for a day either in USA or Brazil
God willing

Karen

Posted at 4:28 PM on March 9, 2013

You are totally wrong. Sean spent his first four years of his life with his FATHER and evil mother. His paternal grandparents were obviously complicit in the crime of kidnapping him to another country. I find it abominable and unforgivable that not only THEY are not charged with a crime,as well as the Brazilian government who defied a COURT ORDER from their own country! Shame on all of those evil people. David Goldman will never get those five years back,and if I were him I would NEVER let his evil ex in-laws see his son again.

annie

Posted at 1:39 PM on July 6, 2013

Karen, thank you for your more appropriate response to this Wendy shaw. I could not waste my patience on such a fool. As the for the g-mother, she serves no good purpose. Unfortunately, I am a little familiar with Brazilian g-parents. My daughter birthed my one and only grand-daughter in Rio. She has lived and worked in Brazil for near 15 years. The uppity family of the father, who have chosen to not have a wedding and legitimate family, act as though they own the child. But my daughter pays all the doctor bills and daily care expenses. This pretentious family has only participated in the baptism and her schooling, of which they pay half. Well, that is my daughters choice. The child is only 2 years old. She is adorable! But I can only enjoy her there as father already has taken some mysterious control over that. The father, 48, same age as my daughter, still lives with and protected by his mother and father. It is a whole other culture. Disgustingly pretentious. All about expensive clothes to always wear and participate in the social life of Rio. That is only a tiny bit of this horrid story. My other dau just returned from a visit. She experienced the same disdain. We don’t know how we would ever return. David Goldman is an incredible person and always acted so honorably. And what’s most admirable is how he slipped back into a quiet, private life here. His own father is also an inspirational person.

annie

Posted at 1:20 PM on July 6, 2013

Go do some yard work and keep your stupid righteous opinions to yourself!

annie

Posted at 1:43 PM on July 6, 2013

Go do some yard work and keep your stupid righteous opinions to yourself! (This was meant to go here! But looks like it went as a remark to Karen. No! It belongs here–to this Wendy person.

Regina

Posted at 10:59 PM on April 30, 2012

I am Brazilian, lawyer in brazil, single mother with a son almost Sean’s age. I live in the US for almost 25 years. I just would like to express how happy we are that Sean is with his dad. Unfortunately, it took years to be resolved.
I couldn’t think going back to Brazil and not letting my son to be near his father. I couldn’t be that kind of mother. Be happy Sean !! We wish you all the best.

Daniela

Posted at 10:05 PM on April 30, 2012

I am from Brazil and Since the first time I heard about the case 4 years ago I was in shock . How can somebody do that to a Dad? How can a grandmother even think she would be better than his own father , his blood? She is selfish and only think about her , never thought what would be better for the boy and I don’ t need to know anything else . A father is always a father !

Roberta vieira

Posted at 7:14 AM on April 30, 2012

!Now that Bruna( sean’s mother) is dead I agree that the boy should be able to choose between grandparents and his dad.
What I cannot understand is the fact of calling Bruna a “kidnaper”!!!
As a MOTHEr I agree that noone in the world would be the best person to take care of the kid as his own mother????
What mother would agree to live far from your 4 year old son!!???
I would Do the same as all mothers I know.. To keep my son beside you!!
And If this father is REALLY a good man why should she had to lie???

debra

Posted at 12:48 PM on June 26, 2012

If your husband suddenly took your child away from you and to another country without YOUR consent would you call HIM a kidnapper? How is Bruna any different? Think about what you are saying before leaving a comment. You come off sounding very ignorant! :(

Sean

Posted at 1:28 PM on February 27, 2013

Your an idiot

Gustavo

Posted at 8:49 PM on April 28, 2012

Im from Brazil, but i agree with Sean’s dad, the boy must stay with parents! But, in my opinion, the dad should let the boy talk with barzilian grandparents, he lived 7 years with then =/ he like then :)

Peter Jeuck

Posted at 11:23 PM on April 27, 2012

Hurrah for David and Sean. God bless them.

Grace Arroyo

Posted at 12:06 PM on April 26, 2012

congragulation America! Sean is happy with biological Daddy .