Is Miley Cyrus Admitting She's Cutting?

Thu, April 26, 2012 5:39pm EST by 22 Comments
Miley Cyrus Cutting

Miley Cyrus is talking about scars on Twitter. Is she confessing the truth about the cut marks on her arm?

Miley Cyrus has us concerned with her recent behavior. Not only has she dropped an estimated 20 pounds in a short period of time, the former Disney darling has a series of scars on her arm, which experts tell us look like cut marks. Now, for the first time, Miley may be opening up about the self-mutilation.

“scars remind us of where we’ve been. not where we’re going,” the 19-year-old star tweeted April 26.

Of course, we can’t confirm what specifically Miley is expressing here, but it appears she’s admitting to cutting and wanting to move forward and heal.

Even though she has the world at her finger tips and a boyfriend, Liam Hemsworth, who she loves, experts have told HollywoodLife.com it wouldn’t be unbelievable for Miley to be cutting herself.

“Why do girls do this? To take control over their lives when they feel their lives are out of control,” Dr. Gilda said. “Some women think that they deserve to bleed because they’re not in control of their lives.”

We sincerely hope Miley isn’t so stressed she’s self-mutilating, but her latest tweet seems to suggest otherwise. What do YOU think her tweet means? Sound off below!

More Miley Cyrus News

1. Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth Engaged — Congrats
  2. Liam Hemsworth & Miley Cyrus’ Huge Fight Over Her Dirty Dancing
  3. Miley Cyrus Disses Justin Bieber Again — Jealous Of His Success?

angeladunkin

Posted at 7:18 PM on February 8, 2014

Those are self harming scars, I can tell it by a mile.

Trust me, unfortunately, I know how they look…they’re not “scratches” or “bracelets marks” as some might say. It’s self harming.

staystrong

Posted at 1:55 PM on June 23, 2012

I think she may have been cutting at one time. If you read the book she published a few years back, you would know she struggled a lot with bullies, etc. and it was really hard for her. I believe it is very very possible that she could be cutting. Or at least she used to. And to the person below me, you can’t Guarantee anything. You don’t know her personally, you don’t know what goes on in her daily life, you only know rumors, and what she allows the public to know. And Liam can’t stop her from doing anything. He can try, but if she wanted to do it, she would.

Teen

Posted at 8:26 PM on June 20, 2012

I don’t think she is. I think the photo’s are photo-shopped. We’ve seen Miley in the public eye for a long time and we have saw the strong side of her and the weaker side and in all honesty, I don’t think Miley would think so low as too make her cut herself. She is smart, beautiful, strong and independent and sure she’s made some mistakes but I can GUARENTEE that she has not cut herself. Plus, I don’t think Liam would let her.

Redhead

Posted at 4:38 PM on June 13, 2012

She is cutting herself. I was cutting myself and I have got the same scars on my wrist. Miley YOU NEED HELP.

Teen Mom

Posted at 5:13 PM on June 12, 2012

Well to me it looks like cuts or it could be from her bracelets. But if she is or was cutting herself than HER PARNETS should know that something is wrong or her boyfriend. When I see or hear a person cutting theirselves is that they are runni g away from something that they can’t deal with but with family’s and friends love you can get through anything. Now that is what my cousin said when he cut his self and he came out with why he did and the reason why. To all the one that cut there selfs or think they are going to try it or the ones that think that there is no reason to live in this world. Just remember that there is help out there somewhere and never to be scared of asking for help cause there is a answer to your question. Stay stronge and remember this that there will ALWAYS be people out there that loves you even if they don’t know you.

Catrice Driedric

Posted at 8:52 PM on June 10, 2012

Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Very helpful information specially the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

hannah

Posted at 3:04 PM on June 4, 2012

Miley cutting?!?!!! OMG. I’m a Smiler (Fan of Miley) and I thought she wwas doing well! Cutting? Miley? Lovato?  It makes ne sad to think celeberties cut them selves ):

Katey

Posted at 6:10 AM on May 10, 2012

I’m proud of her, honestly. So many people think the rich and famous are happy, perfect. They don’t have depression. They don’t have any reason to harm themselves. Well its not true. Many cut themselves. And its nice to know they are not alone. I cut myself. I admit it. My wrists have scars running up and down them and my thighs and ankles too. Just leave Miley alone. In particular, I don’t like her, never liked her singing or acting…. But I do feel her pain and I’m proud of her for being so brave.

jasmine

Posted at 9:27 PM on May 9, 2012

Without a doubt cuts. From someone with personal experience, they’re no more than a few months old too.

Jorjie

Posted at 3:48 PM on April 29, 2012

She needs love, and I don’t mean sexual love. She needs real friends around her who love her, support her and care about her, not because she’s famous and rich, but because they are good, sincere people with her best interest at heart.

blaize

Posted at 10:10 AM on April 27, 2012

Marks like this could also come from falling on gravel or cement. (It’s happened to me before, only it was on my hand, not my arm) As far as the tweet goes, Miley Cyrus may not have been talking about physical scars. It sounds more like she’s talking about emotional scars. She’s speaking metaphorically. On her Can’t Be Tamed album, she has a song called “Scars”, and that song is about a damaged relationship.

xyz

Posted at 8:32 AM on April 27, 2012

Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato .. bong & cocaine & selfcutting & puke .. yes, two best friends who deserve each other

Natalie

Posted at 12:26 AM on April 27, 2012

I have had friends who’ve cut, and it looked exactly like that. I hope she’s moving on from it, she has so much in her life to be happy about. Excuses like “her dogs scratched her” are completely ignorant and BS, those are cut marks, I’ve seen them before. A dog’s cut marks would be more jagged and tilted, and wouldn’t be uniform straight lines. I believe that her weight is fine though, as long as it doesn’t get out of hand, she looks fit and muscular.

Flychick86

Posted at 11:50 PM on April 26, 2012

I meant Bonnie also.

Flychick86

Posted at 11:46 PM on April 26, 2012

Ya’ll are something else.

Rio

Posted at 11:15 PM on April 26, 2012

some people posting on here ARE SO STUPID they shouldn’t be allowed to comment seriously ‘her dog did it’.. REALLY? 1) everyone knows that’s the cutters #1 excuse and also the least believable of ALL so, NO 2) well unless she owns mutant dogs with 8 claws on each paw that doesn’t look like an animal scratch scar AT ALL!!!!!!!
It looks like she’s cutting and it would fit perfectly with her other cries for attention she’s been doing lately. It’s pretty obvious she’s doing it for attention otherwise a persone who is very aware of the papps following her everymove would not go out WITH HER SLEEVES ROLLED UP and baring those suspicious marks for the whole world to see and discuss, I say she got what she wanted..

i doubt it

Posted at 10:58 PM on April 26, 2012

while i think her behavior has been trashy lately and its causing her career to stall, i really doubt she’s cutting. her dogs probably scratched her. and she is looking great these days due to a strict diet and good exercise! so lets give her some credit here. she’s fine in that respect. she’s a wild child but not self harming herself…only her career!

lexi

Posted at 9:51 PM on April 26, 2012

this is crazy i don’t think she cuts herself, she has alot of dogs they probably did it

Lumy

Posted at 10:28 PM on June 26, 2012

HAHAHA!!! funnies and stupidest excuse i’ve seen of her cuts xD

Me

Posted at 9:14 PM on April 26, 2012

WTF if anyone is hurting her and making her cut herself it is the idiots at hollywoodlife who try to bring her down every chance they get

That being said Miley does NOT cut herself.. You only see those cuts on that ONE picture and they look like scratches.. And they stuff about scars she posted… ITS FROM A SONG!!!!! same with the frickin eating disorder bull sht that you guys keep having ‘experts’ talk about

ITS ALL IN YOUR HEAD… YOUR FCKED UP LITTLE HEAD HOLLYWOODLIFE the same fuked up little head that thinks everytime Riri posts something on twitter she is saying it to chris brown!!!!!

Me again

Posted at 9:18 PM on April 26, 2012

And your ‘experts’ like dr. Gilda need to have there licences taken away if they think a song quote is talking about cutting herself and that a allergy is an eating disorder and that wanting to be comfortable (like other people) and not wearing bras and even underwear (which a LOT of people do even if they don’t admit it) sometimes mean she is trying to get attention cuz she is jelouse of Selena Demi and Vanessa!

Katie

Posted at 4:01 AM on April 27, 2012

I get your point, but this sounds so familiar to Demi’s problems. She was seen with cuts on her arm too, but they always said that it was her bracelets or whatever. I think that Hollywood Life is doing a good thing with focusing on that, maybe there is something wrong for real – like an eatingdisorder or cutting. The whole industry is so stressful and demanding..