Cee Lo Green, You're So Brave For Admitting You Farted On 'The Voice'

Wed, April 25, 2012 5:26pm EST by 11 Comments
Cee Lo Green Fart

Nancy Grace & Whoopi Goldberg, take note: Cee Lo may have squeezed one out in front of millions, but by ‘fessing up, he emerged from the scandal looking classier than ever!

It takes a big man to admit when he’s made a mistake — especially when that mistake is a fart on live, national television. Cee Lo Green let one rip April 23 on The Voice, but unlike so many famous flatulent faces before him, the coach totally owned up to his gas. “I kind of had a nervous stomach,” Cee Lo told HollywoodLife.com on April 24. “I had to do something I didn’t want to do, which was to vote one of my people off the show, so my stomach was acting up. It could have been nerves… or the Taco Bell that I ate.”

I’d like to salute Cee Lo for his honesty, but more so for his bravery, as he’s truly a pioneer in terms of cutting televised cheese. Remember when Whoopi Goldberg passed gas last December on The View? And what about the time Nancy Grace farted last season on Dancing with the Stars? Neither lady officially admitted to their wrongdoing; in fact, Nancy pointed the finger at her dancing partner Tristan MacManus!

But let’s play Devil’s Advocate for a minute: Could it be that there’s a double standard here? Would Whoopi and Nancy’s admissions be deemed “gross” and “unladylike,” while Cee Lo’s confession qualified as “funny,” and thusly filed under “boys-will-be-boys”?

Let me know where you stand on this crucial issue: Are you proud of Cee Lo for coming clean, or was it merely easier for him to do so because he’s a guy? Head down the comments section for what I’m sure will be incredibly intelligent discourse.

— Andy Swift

More Stories About Celebs… Farting:

1. Whoopi Goldberg Farts On ‘The View’ & I Love Her For Doing It
  2. Nancy Grace Blames Fart On ‘DWTS’ Partner! That’s Just Wrong!

Comical

Posted at 1:58 PM on May 8, 2012

But it all fun when Eddie Murphy in the Klumps shat on himself when he passed a wet one right!!

Older Baum

Posted at 1:46 PM on May 8, 2012

Everyone and I mean everyone knows that passing gas is just one of our faults as humans. It should not be judged aslowly as its reputation gets for weither man or woman.Cee Lo was cool about it and it was laughed about.The other scenarios of Whoopi and Nancy seemed more out of context and ewanted to take the higher Lady role of “I could not have just done that on Air!” So yes,boys will be boys.

Meagan

Posted at 11:15 AM on May 10, 2012

Everyone does it, whoever says they don’t is a liar..

P00HB3AR :D

Posted at 11:11 AM on May 8, 2012

I cant see how daz funny..da world needs ta grow up

Diesel69

Posted at 9:49 AM on April 26, 2012

Theres no double standard—-Be Honest or try and bullsheet us then we will turn you over and give you the spank you deserve gor being a dumb assd liar—-Only Honesty deserves respect—-Respect to Ce-Lo—

Brandon

Posted at 6:27 PM on April 25, 2012

Much ado about nothing. We all laugh when it happens but why… I don’t know. I do know that it’s not a matter of being polite or impolite. Would be a “boys-will-be-boys” situation if he did it on purpose. Would be unladylike if it was on purpose. All were accidental… and should be passed over as easily as the gas passed from them.

gbtw

Posted at 6:22 PM on April 25, 2012

hahaha… andy! having chastized you for this topic before, and commending your mother for (attempting to) raise you to speak about more intellectual things, i must admit it’s funny to see you head down this path again. i guess it’s a good way to get people to click through to your old (intellectual) pieces! hey, i just commented on taylor swift’s possible boob job… so today is certainly not my day to judge anyone’s choices of posts/topics. (tho, to me, this is still an offensive f-word that i think should be kept private!) in any case, carry on, fine fellow…

gbtw

Posted at 6:31 PM on April 25, 2012

PS: Cee Lo needs to go on a DIET! If he didn’t eat so much (and such garbage as Taco Bell), maybe he’d be able to control his body a little more! Yuck.

Grow-up

Posted at 1:56 PM on May 8, 2012

You must be a stuck up bitch and prude.Or you never passed wind?

Andy Swift

Posted at 6:33 PM on April 25, 2012

You’re always looking out for me, gbt-dubs :)

k

Posted at 6:07 PM on April 25, 2012

wrongdoings everyone farts it is just a bodily function