Ian Somerhalder Vs. Robert Pattinson: Who Should Play Christian Grey?

Tue, April 24, 2012 5:04pm EDT by 249 Comments

rita dean

Posted at 12:01 AM on October 6, 2012

Ian is the only one to play the part

Just-A-Fan

Posted at 5:21 PM on September 26, 2012

Ian would be perfect for the role. His emotions are just so perfect. He can play anything you give him, he’s down to earth, nice, sweet and can actually still be cruel and sadistic. Robert’s also very good at acting; I don’t think he’s fit for the role though. He’s amazing and all but he’s more of… emotionless to me. I mean, the Twilight series is all most have seen him in and they would probably go by that. He is a great actor, Ian is as well; in my opinion, I would just pick Ian because he would be more fitting for Grey.

derricka l.

Posted at 12:23 AM on August 29, 2012

i think Khotan Fernández would be a great Christian Grey he has great sex appeal and dominat features. Hea the overall package!!!!

Maria

Posted at 7:00 AM on July 31, 2012

I think Channing Tatum would make a great “Gray” and his co-star from Magic Mike – “sister to his protege” would be a perfect Anastasia….he is certainly sexy enough and she has an earthy appearance yet deep seated emotions. A winning team in Magic Mike – might carry over to 50…

jenn

Posted at 6:56 PM on July 29, 2012

Basically Ian plays the part or I have no interest in seeing the movie.
He is who I visualized while reading the novel.

Trisha

Posted at 11:52 PM on July 8, 2012

MATT BOMER would be the perfect Christian Grey
Watch him on White Collar, USA, Tues the 10th and see for yourself!!
Smooth, suave, he’s got the EYES, and the sophistication.
As I read the 3rd book, he is who I see.

PLEASE not the vampires!!!

Jessica

Posted at 2:55 AM on July 11, 2012

Yeah Matt Bomer would be an excellent choice if only he weren’t attracted to the same sex….such a disappointment he’s very attractive, however I always pictured Ian somerhalder as Christian grey. Robert pattinson and Kristen stewart eerk the crap outta me. If they get the roles the movie will fail….miserably…Kristen and Robert can’t even seem to make it through one kiss without making it awkward…..this whole movie will be 100x more than just a kiss. If the movie has any hope of doing the trilogy justice, they will cast anyone but them.

Jane

Posted at 6:40 PM on July 5, 2012

I do think that the writer had Rob Pattinson and his alter ego Edward Cullen in mind when writing this book I think the sensitive and protective side of CTG fits them but I am not sure about the S&M thing sit well with them

Jane

Posted at 3:37 PM on July 3, 2012

Robert Pattinson is perfect for the part of CTG it is clear when reading the books the writer was visualising the gorgeous Mr P tall sexy sensitive and he looks every inch a billionaire

angela

Posted at 3:47 PM on July 2, 2012

NEITHER OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHRISTIAN GREY IS…….COLIN EGGLESFIELD. HE IS THE PERFECT AGE, HE IS HOT, SEXY AND BUILT. HE HAS AMAZING EYES AND A BEAUTIFULLY WICKED SMILE ;). HE JUST FITS IT PERFECTLY!!!

LARISSA SOARES

Posted at 7:24 PM on October 4, 2012

NEITHER OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HENRY CAVILL!!!!!!!!

Raziel SalvatoreGirl (@Raziel_Sei)

Posted at 12:52 PM on October 14, 2012

OMG IAN I love him. He is a great actor…