Ian Somerhalder Wants To Play Christian In 'Fifty Shades Of Grey'

Mon, April 23, 2012 3:58pm EDT by 89 Comments

Joey

Posted at 3:02 AM on August 20, 2012

I’m absolutely agree that Ian should play the role of Christian Grey.Because I have seen ‘The Vampire Diaries’ and I’m totally obsessed with him!! He is so sexy, alluring…And the most attractive part,Ian’s eyes!!!Although I haven’t start reading the book ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ , I’ve already known what is it about. Btw, I’m not American but I am an Asian (Hong Kong) which is 15 yrs old..I’ll still support him even I’m not living in the U.S.

Simone

Posted at 6:14 AM on August 1, 2012

Hey Hollywood,

open some eyes….
Who is your better suited for the role of “Christian Grey” than Ian Somerhalder.
The book is amazing.

Ian can play all the roles. He is sooo sexy

Greetings from Germany and ciao ciao baby ;-)))

Deb

Posted at 10:58 PM on July 3, 2012

HE’S THE GUY. IAN IS CHRISTIAN GREY!

Dallis

Posted at 11:32 AM on June 25, 2012

IAN IS PERFECT!!!!! he IS Christian Gray! he is every thing i imagine! just look at him he is the ultimate description of Mr. Gray! yummy!!! :))

sue

Posted at 12:07 PM on June 19, 2012

When I was reading this book I was envisaging Brandon Routh, but after reading some of the comments, Matt Bomer or Ian wouldn’t be a bad choice either. I think Matt Bomer fits the Christian image better but I think Ian would play the role best. I still think Brandon would be GREAT as Christian. Amanda Seyfried would be perfect for Ana!

Erica

Posted at 1:34 AM on June 18, 2012

Ian Somerhalder is good looking, but simply not hot enough to play Christian Grey. Christian Grey has to be someone who’s so good looking it’s almost hard to look at him. I say Christian needs to be portrayed by a lesser known, American actor who’s never played a vampire on TV or in the movies. How about Eric Winter for Christian and Emmy Rossum for Ana?

Ramona

Posted at 11:12 PM on June 13, 2012

Ian somerhalder and Amanda Seyfried would be perfect actors for 50 shades of gray!!!!

Rachel

Posted at 2:38 PM on June 12, 2012

If anything Ian should be Elliot not Christian he can not be serious like Christian is he’s more playful and do like elliot Alex skarsgard should be christian

Kat

Posted at 1:12 AM on June 11, 2012

He’s the perfect Christian Grey hes the perfect looking guy, he is gorgeous he is perfect looking and he’s a great actor he will perfectly fit in with the rich sexy confident dominant and arrogant type ..I love Ian Somerha,der for this character..

tamster

Posted at 11:42 PM on June 7, 2012

I agree when I started reading the books Ian is the person I thought to play Christian and then I wondered about Ana and it hit me Nina already has a attraction with Ian in Vampire Diaries u can feel it and see it on screen so I think she would make a great Ana oh I cant wait for the movie

kedi..

Posted at 5:42 AM on June 1, 2012

While i was reading this book it’s ian whose im imagining…. he really is so perfect as Christian Grey….

Katayun

Posted at 4:42 AM on May 28, 2012

Ian really is perfect as Christian role!!!!

Katayun

Posted at 4:38 AM on May 28, 2012

OMFG!!! yep, only Ian can do it!!! He’s already my Christian Grey!! as I’m reading the book! Ian Somerhalder really fits as Christian role!

natasha

Posted at 5:02 PM on May 26, 2012

oh my god please let it be ian that plays christian. if its robert pattinson ill be pissed. i allready saw twilight once, i dont want to see a kinky remake of it. make it its own thing for christ sake

natalie

Posted at 2:08 AM on May 24, 2012

Ian is my christian..♥hhe is perfect…♥

Sharon

Posted at 7:21 PM on May 20, 2012

Please!please!please…let him get the part

Saskia

Posted at 2:37 PM on May 18, 2012

I think Ian fits the role of Christian Grey perfectly!!… im so excited i cant wait til the movie comes out

Bridget

Posted at 2:16 PM on May 16, 2012

Armie Hammer seems to fit the author’s visual discription of how Christian Grey looks, but I’m not sure he could pull off the depth of character that is Christian Grey. I can totally see Ian Somerhalder portraying this complex character.

Kelly

Posted at 12:07 PM on May 15, 2012

CHRIS HEMSWORTH IS MY CHRISTIAN GREY!! Although Ian is good looking, I think these guys need to stick to their vampire roots. Totally not what I envisioned Christian Grey to look like.

KK

Posted at 4:30 PM on May 10, 2012

Matt Bomer, I can see, but my faves are Wes Bentley or Armie Hammer! Not Ian, please! Anyone else feel soooo overprotective of this part? Emmy Rossum would be the perfect Mia, the younger Olsen sister for Ana (Elizabeth?)…imho…

Brooklyn girl

Posted at 9:28 PM on May 9, 2012

Ian would be the perfect person to play the role as Mr. Grey, he’s got the gorgeous eyes, body, smile and that smirk he has on Vampire Diaries….as for Ana…i think nina dobrev would be perfect

Robert Pattinson does not have the body to play Christian Grey.

Jenay

Posted at 4:05 PM on May 8, 2012

It was based on Twilight but I see Christian Grey as a human Damon from TVD.Ian could absolutely pull it off he has the body and he has the attitude to do it.

K Dawg

Posted at 12:38 PM on May 8, 2012

Agree with Elle, Nina and Ian have already established a “character relationship”. It’ll be hard to view them as anything but Damon and Elena. I’m ALL for Ian to play Christian…he could pull off his character without a question of doubt. Pattinson doesn’t have the body required to play Christian. My thoughts for Ana…I’m leaning toward Zooey Deschanel. If Megan Fox was a tad younger, she’d be a good choice as well…

ashley

Posted at 3:19 AM on May 14, 2012

Zooey Deschanel…are you kidding me? Her personality and voice are not fitting for this role. And Megan Fox…just no. This role needs someone like Maggie Gyllenhal (spelling?) was in Secretary.

tufenuf55

Posted at 8:23 PM on May 6, 2012

Just saw The Hunger Games and Wes Bentley was riviting. I thought of him immediately as being the right one to play Christian Grey. His Flaunt magazine photoshoot (shirtless, mind you) confirms it for me. Although I absolutely adore Robert Pattingson, and know he could play the part, it would be just too hard for me to see him play a sadist…too soon since Twilight.

Elle

Posted at 4:57 PM on May 2, 2012

Matt bomer and either Emmy rossum or Amanda seyfried. Ian and Nina would just be like watching tvd without the vampires, and Kristen Stewart can’t play any role but an angsty teenager.

Sol

Posted at 6:50 PM on June 3, 2012

I agree with Elle, Matt Bomer and Emmy Rossum, Zooey Deschanel or even Katy Perry.

Liz

Posted at 7:27 PM on August 8, 2012

Ian Sumerhalder is perfect to play Christian Grey.