Colton Dixon: Why I'm Happy I Was Voted Off 'American Idol'

Mon, April 23, 2012 10:01am EDT by 5 Comments

Colton sang his heart out April 23 on ‘Live! With Kelly’ and talked about his shocking elimination.

We may not get to see Colton Dixon live on American Idol every week, but don’t bother shedding any tears for the Tennessee native — because he’s totally happy! Now that he’s off the show, he finally has time to focus on his true passion. “I get to start writing,” he said April 23 on Live! With Kelly. “I miss the Idol family like crazy, but I get to do what I love: write and record.”

Along with his brief interview, Colton also delivered a haunting performance, once again causing us to wonder how the heck he was ever eliminated in the first place. And it sounds like Kelly Ripa can’t make heads or tails of the cut either!

“America made a mistake,” she told him.

We agree!

Loading video...

More Colton News:

1. Are Colton Dixon & Lady Gaga Feuding?
  2. ‘American Idol’ Rigged? Colton Dixon Should NOT Have Been Eliminated
  3. ‘American Idol’ Results: Colton Dixon Lands In Bottom

hnlp

Posted at 9:05 AM on February 10, 2014

It’s very effortless to find out any topic on web as
compared to books, as I found this paragraph at this web site.

jdhc2985

Posted at 11:16 AM on May 18, 2012

I truely thought he would go all the way! But Jimmy didn’t like the fact that he was such a like person to start with and was pretty versitle in his singing. But he will do well like Daughtery and Hudson I am sure.

Dan

Posted at 11:08 PM on April 24, 2012

American Idol is a scam. They wil do anything for ratings. Colton was never in the bottom 3. The crowd always went wild when he came on stage and yet he goes home. This show is rigged . Colton got cheated as do other great singers. Just look at the garbage quality that has won in the last few years. Taylor Hicks? Come on. That guy is total garbage and has gone nowhere. Chris Allen? Garbage and again gone nowhere. Adam Lambert was a million times better and yet Chris Allen won. Give me a break. This show is a total scam. I personally am done watching this garbage.

juicy

Posted at 7:13 PM on May 5, 2012

IKR! Why do these people that cannot sing always win?

Bad girl

Posted at 11:21 AM on April 23, 2012

American idol was rigged. . Colton one of the victim. . It also happened to hudson, adam lambert, james durbin, david archuleta, pia toscano, latoya london, ju’no. .