Will Robert Pattinson Play Finnick Odair In 'Catching Fire'?

Fri, April 20, 2012 3:47pm EDT by 221 Comments

It’s official! Robert Pattinson’s ‘Water for Elephants’ director Francis Lawrence will direct ‘Catching Fire’! Is he going to cast R-Patz as the handsome Finnick Odair?

Finnick O’dair is described in Catching Fire to be very tall, have dreamy eyes, a beautiful head of hair and have many women vying for his heart. Robert Pattinson definitely fits the profile.

Lionsgate offered Francis Lawrence the open director position for the Hunger Games sequel — and considering he’s worked with Rob before on Water for Elephants – we wouldn’t be surprised if he brought him on for Catching Fire.

Yes, The Hunger Games franchise has been very public about keeping away from Twilight, but I think it still could be a possibility.

We can only dream!

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Would you like to see Rob play the handsome Finn? Vote and weigh in below.

– Nicole Karlis

More R-Patz News:

1. Kristen Stewart Is A Brave & Driven Actress – SWATH Director
  2. Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart: Planning Romantic Trip?
  3. ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Author Fantasized About Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart

Extremely angered-fan

Posted at 9:14 PM on May 25, 2012

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! THIS IS THE WORST POSSIBLE THING EVER. NOT AT ALL. HE IS NOT FINNICK AND HE WILL ALWAYS BE THE CONSTIPATED-PALE-UGLY-GIT THAT HE IS…No. Because Finn is perfect <3

Anna

Posted at 1:13 PM on May 25, 2012

I say Robert pattison should not play Finnick b/c he is just going to ruin the whole thing

Anna

Posted at 1:12 PM on May 25, 2012

Kelli

Posted at 2:56 PM on May 24, 2012

Um… Let me think about this……..NOOOOO!!!! and I’m not saying no because he quote “ruins things”. He is no where near how the book describes (no abs or any great physique, he isn’t attractive, and not tan.) now, I think a better choice if your going to go twilight is kellen lutz. He has an unbelievable body, sea green eyes, can always dye his hair bronze, and is close to a tan( at least he’s not pale.). And he fits the age perfectly. Kellen lutz all the way!

Chloe

Posted at 2:04 PM on May 24, 2012

NO!!!!!!! IF U CAST THE UGLY ROBERT PATISON AS FINNICK I WILL TELL EVERYONE TO NOT SEE CATCHING FIRE AND I WILL MAKE SURE THAT U WILL NOT GET ENOUGH MONEY 4 MOCKINGJAY!!!!!! WORD TO THE WISE,, U SHOULD RECONSIDER CASTIBG SOMEONE BELOW AVERAGE TO PLAY SOMEONE ABOVE. THERE IS NO WAY HE COULD PLAY FINNICK UNLESS HE GETS SURGERY WELL,EVERYWHERE!!!!!

barbara nick

Posted at 1:39 PM on May 24, 2012

no he should not play as finnick odair in catching fire he”s fugly

Elke

Posted at 1:08 PM on May 24, 2012

Ok, you guys need to chill. I obviously don’t want Robert as Finnick because he is already Edward and that needs to be remained. You can’t take two of those enormous roles, for THG and Twilight fans he is always going to be Edward. (I am THG and twilight fan) I think Finnick needs to be perfect and Robert doesn’t fit my image of him.

Anna

Posted at 3:10 PM on May 23, 2012

Cedric just needs to go back to Hogwarts where he was attractive and perfect.. Twilight ruined him..

Clove

Posted at 7:25 AM on May 23, 2012

I wish Gary was directing cause I thought Finnick was supposed to be handsome NOOOOO I THOUGHT were not gonna bring twilight crap in the hunger games

banana

Posted at 7:42 PM on May 22, 2012

NO FRICKIN WAY NO PLEASE NO!!!!!

Olivia

Posted at 10:00 AM on May 22, 2012

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Definitely noooooo!!!! No Robert Pattinson! I want Finnick, not Edward!!

Chloe

Posted at 1:01 PM on May 21, 2012

NO YOU DAMN PEOPLE DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT BRING HIIIIM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINNICK ODAIR IS NOT ROBERT PATTINSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciara

Posted at 12:47 PM on May 20, 2012

No..no..no..NO.
If he does it will be a discrace to the book. Finnick is supposed to be GOOD LOOKING…not like Robert Pattinson.
I will officially hate Francis Lawrence if Robert is casted.
Have a nice day now

Elly

Posted at 10:02 AM on May 20, 2012

NO NO NO NO NO!
Robert Pattinson looks nothing like Finnick…..he fits a very simple BASIC description of Finnick.

Finnick is described as being extremely handsome. He is tall, muscular, and athletic, with tan skin, bronze-colored hair, and “incredible” sea green eyes, making him very popular with people in the Capitol.
Katniss says that Finnick never needed to do anything for sponsors, and that no other tribute could overcome his “natural beauty”.

Now Grant Gustin everybody……..he’s a little bit perfect for the role of Finnick

haneen

Posted at 8:37 AM on May 20, 2012

please NOOOOO!!!!! as much as i’m dying to watch Catching Fire and i read the story it’s amazing!!! if robert palyed finnick i don’t want to watch it anymore please NOO!!!!!!!!!!!

nju

Posted at 9:02 PM on May 19, 2012

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
PLEASE NO ONE FROM TWILIGHT IN CATCHING FIRE

Natalie

Posted at 5:49 PM on May 19, 2012

Nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he will ruin the role of Finnick

Natalie

Posted at 5:48 PM on May 19, 2012

Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not Robert he will ruin the role of Finnick and the Hunger games.

Ryan

Posted at 5:43 PM on May 19, 2012

You guys need to chill. Robert did not ruin Harry Potter, he played Cedric well. And to the person who said he’s ruined every movie he’s been in, that’s a lie. I’m willing to bet you’ve only seen him in Twilight. You’re just social bandwagoning, hating on someone because everyone else does. Now, do I want Rob as Finnick? Not really. I have a handful of other people who come to mind first. I just wanted to defend Robert a bit I guess. He and Edward Cullen aren’t the same people. Don’t blame the portrayal of Edward on Rob. He is the actor, the director tells him how to act.

mia

Posted at 2:02 PM on May 19, 2012

The worst Finnick ever! Yuck!

Leah

Posted at 1:56 PM on May 19, 2012

okay first, Finn? you did not just call him Finn. also, i love Robert and all but GOD NO. I want Garrett Hedlund!

Jamie

Posted at 12:50 PM on May 19, 2012

First off, don’t call him ‘Finn’ as NO ONE ever called him that in the books, and his last name is not O’dair. It’s just Odair. Get your facts straight.

Maggie

Posted at 11:25 AM on May 19, 2012

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
Robert will ruin the hunger games just like he’s ruined every single movie hes been in!

Holly

Posted at 4:10 AM on May 19, 2012

I will die if Robert gets cast as Finnick.

Laney

Posted at 11:42 PM on May 18, 2012

I don’t see how he fits the part at all. Way to edit out things like, ‘tan’, ‘abs’ all the characteristics Rob Pat doesn’t have.
He’s already ruined HP for me. He doesn’t need to ruin HG too.
(And since when was Finnick British!!!)
Personally, I like Grant Gustin to play Finnick, but almost anyone will fit the part better then Pattinson in my book.