OREO Ad Uses Breastfeeding To Sell Cookies — PIC

Fri, April 20, 2012 4:50pm EST by 6 Comments
Oreo Breastfeeding Baby

A South Korean ad agency pairs the cream-filled treat with breastfeeding — what do you think of the controversial spot?

The Oreo cookie is commonly known as “Milk’s favorite cookie,” but Agency Cheil Worldwide, an ad agency in South Korea, seems to think BREAST milk is the beverage of choice to pair with the delicious cookie. But is the exposed breast offensive?

We have to admit that the image is funny, but we can see how some may be squeamish at the sight.

Nursing is normal and natural, but should it be plastered on billboards and in magazines for all to see?

Time Magazine Breastfeeding Cover — 3-Year-Old Son Latched Onto Mom’s Nipple

What do YOU think? Are you offended by the ad or are you unfazed? Tell us!

More HollyBaby News:

1. Jenny McCarthy Reveals Her Dating Tips For Single Moms
  2. Pregnant Man Thomas Beatie And His Wife Split
  3. Mother Arrested For Holding 7-Week-Old In Scalding Water

Does Get Rid of Herpes Actually Work

Posted at 9:09 PM on June 13, 2014

Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before
but after browsing through many of the posts I realized it’s new to me.
Nonetheless, I’m definitely pleased I stumbled upon it and I’ll
be book-marking it and checking back frequently!

bhaggen

Posted at 4:58 PM on May 19, 2013

Only in America where women have “not so fresh” days. Pitiful Americans

Nick Carpinelli

Posted at 11:07 PM on May 12, 2012

I remember many years ago when women breast fed babies in public. It was not openly done, but enough for you to see the breast.

Lisa

Posted at 9:19 AM on April 21, 2012

Milks favorite cookie…I love it.

Elena Medo

Posted at 8:46 AM on April 21, 2012

I love the ad. Sad that Kraft felt they needed to apologize for it. Face it people, this is how the human race has been nurtured from the beginning…minus the Oreo.

hannah

Posted at 7:48 PM on April 20, 2012

The problem i see with this is not actually the breastfeeding.. Its that theyve grouped a well liked cookie with breastfeeding.. An add displaying that type of milk to pair with a cookie isnt quite as appetizing as the other oreo ads.. I wouldnt see this and automatically crave oreos. Id see it and think ‘i should probably see if my baby is hungry’.