Mother Arrested For Holding 7-Week-Old In Scalding Water

Fri, April 20, 2012 12:48pm EDT by 66 Comments
Mother Arrested for Burning Baby in Hot Water

A Florida mom allegedly placed her seven-week-old son under 142 degree water so he would stop crying — can you believe this happened?

Chekayla Dampier of New Port Richey, Florida ran water until it reached a scalding temperature and held her seven-week-old son Emilio Jesus Bautista under for two or three minutes, just so he would stop crying!

She has been arrested for aggravated child abuse.

The infant has suffered severe burns to his upper body including his head, chest and arms. He also suffered from second-degree burns on his ears and eyes, The Daily Mail reports. He is currently in critical condition.

“The infant’s burns on his chest caused his left nipple to pull off when his shirt was removed,” the Pasco Sheriffs office reports.

The 18-year-old mother claimed baby Emilio’s skin was peeling and bubbling when she went to dry him off, Tampa Bay Online reports. She then took him to a hospital nearby, yet the baby’s burns were so immense that he was helicoptered to Tampa General Pediatric Burn Unit.

“This is one of the most horrific child abuse cases we’ve seen in years,” Pasco Sheriff’s spokesman Kevin Doll says.

More HollyBaby News:

1. Jenny McCarthy Reveals Her Dating Tips For Single Moms
  2. FBI Is Searching For Missing Etan Patz 33 Years Later
  3. Kendra Wilkinson Warns Jessica Simpson: You WILL Squirt Breast Milk

J-nemin

Posted at 12:01 AM on June 14, 2012

what kind of mother is this….OMG…WTF is wrong with the ugly lady???
How could she do this to her child?/????…
If I’m close tho this girl I will hold her in to the same hot water until her skins fall off……this lady deserve to die…..God will punish her for her stupidity and her unloving for Gods’ gift……

Ouida Baresi

Posted at 8:20 AM on June 2, 2012

Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely great. I actually like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it wise. I can’t wait to read far more from you. This is actually a tremendous web site.

Click Here

Posted at 12:22 AM on May 21, 2012

Definitely imagine that which you stated. Your favourite justification appeared to be on the internet the easiest thing to take into accout of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed at the same time as folks consider worries that they plainly do not recognize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and defined out the entire thing without having side effect , folks could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you

chinita8

Posted at 11:22 PM on May 3, 2012

Omg this girl was my friend in high school…I knew she was crazy but damn this is just evil!!!

Monea77monea

Posted at 9:28 AM on April 25, 2012

Wtf… That is crazy… How could u do that to somebody u created… Ur own flesh & blood..

vickie

Posted at 12:42 PM on April 24, 2012

I am so sad for the baby.moms like that need there butts kick.I will bring the baby here and love him for ever.God Bless You honey.I Love you.
From a Nana in virginia

Laurie

Posted at 3:52 AM on April 24, 2012

F.U. DW…I don’t need a spelling lesson (it was a typo, idiot!). I won many spelling bees in school, and I’m sure I’m much smarter than you – it has nothing to do with smarts – it’s an opinion that I am entitled to!!

Barb

Posted at 3:03 AM on April 24, 2012

I totally agree with Laurei. I am tired of them coming to this country as “refugees” (Somalians) and going on welfare right away, as of course other foreigners do to.

Laurie

Posted at 12:05 AM on April 24, 2012

DW,
Don’t put words in my mouth, I never said that “whites” don’t do anything stupid, of course they do. I am not mental, but a lot of people around here feel the same way I do. I work in a prison in rural Minnesota and blacks are the ones most likely to get into trouble and a much more huge percent of them are in jail/prison than others. They are trouble makers.

BW

Posted at 2:45 AM on April 24, 2012

WOW Laurie,

You are ignorant and racist. You probably did not think about what you said before you said it. Just because you work in a prison, you think you know everything there is to know about black people. Why don’t you educate yourself before making a stupid comment like that. It is not about being black, it is about the baby.

Trina

Posted at 11:43 AM on April 27, 2012

wow, how racist can you be
im black ,and im in college i dont drink, and i dont do drugs
so you comment is very stupid and racist,
not all blacks are trouble
because remember
Casey anthony is WHITE…

helllokitty2142

Posted at 9:12 PM on April 23, 2012

Oh poor baby!!:( SHAME ON YOU GO TO HELL YOU DON’T DESERVE TO KEEP THIS CHILID AT ALL!!

JJ

Posted at 5:13 PM on April 23, 2012

This b***h should be NEUTERED! And then sent to prison for attempted murder!! Seriously, people like her should NEVER be allowed to have children! she’ll unfortunately probably end up pregnant again soon, these poor innocent children have no choice but to be born to this sick disgusting person!! This story makes my stomach hurt, that poor baby! When will idiots realize babies cry! and there’s usually a reason why! They need LOVE not punishment!

Angel

Posted at 3:34 PM on April 23, 2012

really, now thats just being really immature… i have a little brother and I would never do that also my own mother would never do that because thats just wrong… i hope she is ashamed of herself!!!

CamryM

Posted at 1:47 PM on April 23, 2012

Omg, Seriously!! that’s all I can say at this point.

Tina Roe

Posted at 12:00 PM on April 23, 2012

Now thats a thang on shame. It’s women out here that can’t have children and you got these crazy young women that’s having them that’s not even ready to have them but just out there having sex. That is the mst terrify thang that happen in awhile about a new born getting hurt. Justice must be done!!!!!

LB

Posted at 11:28 AM on April 23, 2012

This is the saddest story period! God bless that baby I can’t imagine the pain it went through! I pray she never gets that baby back ever! As far as the mother being African-American what does that have to do with anything? A baby, an innocent was almost murdered here! The focus is on the wrong thing, race, and not that a poor, defenseless baby was nearly killed!

Wow

Posted at 8:59 AM on April 23, 2012

What I am saying is why do u have to be racist. And that my dad has more friends than u do. Sorry if I was uncleared but my daughter has been sick and she just now fell asleep.