Hilary Duff Keeps Her Son's Umbilical Cord Stump

Fri, April 20, 2012 2:27pm EDT by 8 Comments
Hilary Duff Baby

The new mom experiences frequent milestones — bonding with her son, his new faces and his belly button falling off!

Hilary Duff and husband Mike Comrie are splitting up their parenting responsibilities for their first child — one-month-old son Luca Cruz Comrie. The newbie parents are taking everything in stride.

The 24-year-old mommy is able to take breaks to attend Pilates or a spin class, while her husband, 31, watches their adorable son, Hilary tells People.

“He’s really hands-on during the day,” Hilary gushes about her hubby.

When she isn’t caring for her little one, she leaves pumped breast milk for Mike, but says during nighttime feedings she is the only one who can feed him. Hilary is so sweet — she doesn’t wake her hubby, so he won’t have to “suffer”.

She says she likes that time to breastfeed because it allows bonding time with her son. “Just to have your baby thrive and knowing that you’re doing that and you’re responsible — it’s such a rewarding feeling,” she admits.

In the four weeks since Luca arrived, she just recently experienced the biggest milestone yet — his belly button fell off.

“That was a huge one. And then I wanted to keep it, but my husband was like, ‘No, that’s gross, you can’t keep it!’ I’m like, ‘I’m totally keeping it,’ and I secretly kept it,” she says. “It’s in a Ziploc bag in the back of my make-up drawer.”

She adds, “Luca’s going to think I’m a freak!”

HollyMoms, did you keep your baby’s umbilical cord stump?

More Hilary Duff News:

1. Hilary Duff Is Happy ‘To Not Be Pregnant’
  2. Hilary Duff Shares First Family Photo — Cute Pic
  3. Hilary Duff Posts First Photo Of Baby Luca — See Pics

Michael Kors Purses

Posted at 9:42 AM on March 4, 2014

* Experience of implementation of ISO27001.

air max 95

Posted at 9:19 AM on December 5, 2013

avait reconnu il y a quelques semaines le technicien cossais,na jamais cach son dsir de revenir un jour Manchester United, Si les signes ostentatoires sont tolrs dans certains cas,aise est bel et bien devenue liberticide dans la mesure o elle se dfinit contre la libert de culte. faudrait-il faire un peu converger les programmes dans les domaines typiquement nationaux (histoire-go,Pourquoi pas un brevet des collges europen? votent, mis part quelles tombent amoureuses de personnes du mme sexe. de la comptitivit et du dficit du commerce extrieur.Hollande d’une rforme claire et prcise des retraites durant sa campagne lectorale?

Shellene Clare

Posted at 7:37 AM on April 23, 2012

I kept both my sons cords and the clip in baggies along with their wristbands.

Lori

Posted at 9:10 PM on April 22, 2012

I absolutely kept my sons! He is now 21 years old. And, it is still in his baby book! It’s a personal choice.

Wayne Gretzky

Posted at 3:14 PM on April 21, 2012

Comrie looks like Fred Flintstone.

Erika

Posted at 12:26 AM on April 21, 2012

i cant believe her son is already a month old ! wow !

and yes i kept both of my sons u.c .. i dont think is disgusting and if i were to have more kids id do the same

dominique forest

Posted at 10:56 PM on April 20, 2012

O and another thing congrats n about the secret thing i think thats cute i wish i would have.

dominique forest

Posted at 10:54 PM on April 20, 2012

I think she so sweet n thats kewl he helps her but i just wish my daughters helped me instead of cheating n he kidnapped her a year n half ago i cry my eyes out everyday… love u sarah n thanks for being good parents that a baby deserves he will love you guys for ever.