Are Colton Dixon & Lady Gaga Feuding?

Fri, April 20, 2012 6:04pm EST by 26 Comments
Colton Dixon Lady Gaga

Since getting booted off of ‘American Idol’, Colton has wasted no time publicly slamming another American idol, Lady Gaga!

Fans were shocked when frontrunner Colton Dixon got voted off American Idol on April 19. Though the 20-year-old has no regrets about trying out for the reality show, he does regret choosing to sing a Lady Gaga song!

“I think the biggest risk was ‘Bad Romance,’ and I think it was a bad risk to take because I didn’t really think it through,” Colton told E! “I’ve taken pride in knowing who I am and really taking a stance in my faith. I think in choosing ‘Bad Romance’ I turned off a lot of those voters, which are my core voters.”

Within minutes, Gaga’s band of Little Monsters took to twitter to express their displeasure over Colton’s statements. To clear up any confusion, the singer tweeted, “@emmymason @ladygaga @usatoday wasn’t saying I’m better. I’m saying I should have chosen a song to better represent me as an artist,” followed by, “@emmymason @ladygaga @usatoday I just think that for my drive and message, I’d rather do a more positive song. Nothing against her;-)”

Do YOU think Colton is blaming Lady Gaga for his elimination?

– Jennifer Kamm

More Colton Dixon News:

1. Colton Dixon Reveals: What I’ll Do Next After ‘Idol’
  2. Colton Dixon’s Shocking ‘American Idol’ Elimination — Pics
  3. Colton Dixon Speaks Out After American Idol: My Biggest Regret

Amy Wayne

Posted at 6:31 PM on September 5, 2014

Answering Question: Do YOU think Colton is blaming Lady Gaga for his elimination?

Answer: No. Let’s try not to add drama where there is none. Lady Gaga did not pick or force Colton Dixon to choose her song, so she didn’t cause him to lose his fan base, and I don’t think that he is accusing Lady Gaga of anything, but instead blaming himself for picking a song with lyrics which did not represent what he is trying to represent. It happens. I think most movie stars have at least one bad film that they have made, or regret doing, during sometime in their career … and I figure it must be the same with artists when it comes to song choices.

nikita

Posted at 10:05 PM on May 24, 2012

i think that Colton made a poor choice and that he payed the consequences for it. he didn’t deserve to go home he was a great singer i WILL but his music. as a christian he should have stayed to his faith and belief i too am a christian

American idol chick

Posted at 10:03 PM on June 8, 2012

You shouldn’t blame him singing a song that doesn’t symbolize your ideals, and say that’s why he went home. It just wan’t a good night for him, don’t be like that. You come off a little uppity I am just being honest..

Nancy Call

Posted at 12:20 PM on May 24, 2012

I really liked Colton, and I cried like a baby when he got voted off (& yes, I call in & vote, even though I’m 54 years old). So I hope he goes on & does great like Chris Daughtry, I will buy his music!

Guil

Posted at 4:02 AM on May 13, 2012

Truth be told he plainly sucked singing bad romance, i like him but it was clear he didnt think much about the music or how to sing it, he half hearted triec to make bad romance into rock but didnt achieve that….he lacked experience and maturity for the song.

Love u Colton

Posted at 11:39 PM on April 26, 2012

I love Colton so much he was not 1 of the best he was the best in the whole season I miss him it’s not American idol with out him anymore but my 2nd favorite is Phillip si going for him now

Gianna

Posted at 10:18 PM on April 26, 2012

I LOVE COLTON!!!! It was absolutely horrible without him last night. I will not watch the rest of the season. AND Colton was not blaming Gaga at all. He clearly said he wished he would’ve picked a song that better represented him as a person. I LOVE U COLTON!!!!!

I love Colton dixon

Posted at 10:11 PM on April 26, 2012

Yeah Colton should come back I miss him like crazy:(

I love u Colton

Posted at 1:12 AM on April 26, 2012

I wacth American idol tonight and it sucked with out u COLTON i love u and ur a cutie pie with a wonderful voice ill always love u team COLTON all the way but now i have to go 4 Phillip but I love u Colton Dixon always Colton

Haley

Posted at 5:40 PM on April 26, 2012

I agree with u but I hate American Idol season 11 now cuz’ Colton’s not on it. I wish I could start a revolution on bringing Colton back…don’t u?

Cupcakes

Posted at 6:49 PM on April 25, 2012

Colton wasn’t blaming her plus I love u Colton Dixon u did great on that song and liked how u performed it better team Colton love u colton

Ilovecupcakes

Posted at 6:48 PM on April 25, 2012

Ilovecupcakes

Posted at 6:23 PM on April 25, 2012

I love Colton dixon he should have not gone home he was the best and cutest

Slabeste Eficient

Posted at 3:14 PM on April 25, 2012

Fantastic site. A lot of helpful info here. I’m sending it to some buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thank you on your sweat!

Caitlyn

Posted at 9:57 PM on April 23, 2012

people are crazy. colton was not blaming her in any way. The song was very different from his normal choices and he thought it was a mistake. that has nothing to do with gaga herself. also his comment saying “i dont care” after the judges’ critiques of his performance was definitely edited a specific way. colton is not a cocky person it wouldve shown through long before this night if he was. he said he had fun and enjoyed singing the song thats all he meant.

hc

Posted at 3:19 PM on April 23, 2012

Honestly how could anyone think he was blaming her? I love colton!! He was amazing and should not have went home but its the way things go sometimes. Colton basically said he blamed himself for picking a song that wasn’t him! And I think it great that he isn’t afraid to share his faith and show people who he really is! He is genuine! Just keep supporting him!

ColtonLove13

Posted at 12:34 PM on April 22, 2012

Holy crap Hollywood is low. Colton wouldn’t say it was her fault…he means the wrong song choice for him personally cause it isn’t his style and on lady gaga the song works! It’s totally her style but on Colton, it doesn’t. And I think his fans were a little bit upset that he sang that song and that’s why he didn’t get enough votes. He doesn’t deserve to go home but that’s why he was sent home. Fan forever Colton :)

Emm

Posted at 12:22 AM on April 22, 2012

Jennifer, are you drunk!
How the hell is Colton even remotely bashing Lady Gaga?!?

Toxic

Posted at 8:59 PM on April 21, 2012

He said No disrespect to lady gaga or bad romance I still love that song, just that he didnt connect with it enough to have really sold it and that he felt it turned off his core fan base. I personally thought it was a good song to do but I do agree it was a huge step away and quite likely what cost him AI.

Connor

Posted at 5:39 PM on April 21, 2012

No he’s not blaming her.. how in any way is he? He would of liked to have done a song to better represent him.. bad romance did not suit him.. that doesnt mean he’s “slamming” her -_-

Natalie

Posted at 4:18 PM on April 21, 2012

What a d-bag. Give up the stupid religious shtick, you are so obviously GAY!

Ben

Posted at 8:31 PM on April 21, 2012

You call anyone who believes in God gay? You call people who call out to his God for help gay? Dixon’s last performance spoke well of his heart to worhip the one true and LIVING God. I don’t know about you but Our God is NOT DEAD.

Sasha

Posted at 3:07 PM on April 21, 2012

OH well

Sashaqueenie

Posted at 8:42 PM on April 20, 2012

Lady Gaga songs may sound easy to sing and certainly appeals a lot of people. But let me tell you, there can only be one Lady Gaga and she’s been practicing to that Diva for a long time. I wouldn’t choose a Lady Gaga song because comparisons would be inevitable and you will always lose.

Justin

Posted at 12:58 PM on April 21, 2012

He’s not saying that he was better or that lady gaga is crap, he is saying that alot of his voters are of the catholic faith, and by singing a song about sex (pre marital) it turned his voters off as it wasn’t the right message for them. He took full responsibility as he said that ‘he chose it and it’s his regret’. That song just happened to be by lady gaga. He has nothing against the artist.

AishaKandisha

Posted at 9:32 AM on May 26, 2012

F*ck gaga and her delusional fans that come like a nazi cult after anyone who doesn’t praise gaga. anyways gaga’s been practicing MADONNA moves from the get go, she’s nothing buta WASHED UP less talented MADONNA drag queen at best