'American Idol' Rigged? Colton Dixon Should NOT Have Been Eliminated

Fri, April 20, 2012 1:04am EDT by 111 Comments
Colton Dixon American Idol

Colton Dixon was one of the favorites to win this season of ‘American Idol,’ so how the heck did he get voted off April 19?

Maybe all of this was in part my fault. After Elise Testone talked back to Jennifer Lopez on American Idol April 18, I was nervous she was going to irk America, so I spent my time saving her from elimination — totally assuming Colton Dixon would come out on top.

The 20-year-old Tennessee native had a strong night. Albeit, it wasn’t his best, but there were others (I’m lookin’ to you, Hollie Cavanagh) who struggled far more.

Colton has been consistently strong all season. He’s taken risks, played it safe when it counts and rocked his unique style and awesome hair.

Plus, he’s by far the strongest interviewer out of the top contestants this season. Every week I’ve had the pleasure of chatting with the singers on Tuesdays during their rehearsals. No one has had more poise, charisma or grace than Colton. He’s well-spoken, polite, introspective and kind — all the characteristics you’d want in a superstar.

I have no doubt Colton will go far with his music career, but I’m still bummed he wasn’t given more opportunity on Idol. At the end of the day, I don’t think this show is rigged, but I do question America’s voting abilities. What the heck happened this week?

What was your response to the elimination tonight? Without Colton in the race, who do you think will win?

Loading video...

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

lousiana girl

Posted at 12:40 PM on June 2, 2012

EVERYONE WAS GOOD
BUT COLTON WAS THE ONE TO WINNN

lousiana girl

Posted at 12:39 PM on June 2, 2012

i thought colton would win out of everyone
joshua skylar and elise were awesome too
colton shouldve won
im glad phillip won jessica did her best everyone did there best to win
but i just think that colton shouldve won
COLTON UR AWESOME

Tammy

Posted at 11:21 AM on May 19, 2012

I am really disappoinyed this year. Jessica was saved and they keep saying she’s an angel. Now she’s in the finale. I think she is just good at mimicking others! There were so many othets singers that were more original. I yhink there is a strong possibility of it being rigged because when Skylar was voted off, I couldn’t even get through to vote that night so it was either super busy or blocked. It doesn’t sit well we me that’s for sure!

Cupcake

Posted at 12:58 PM on May 8, 2012

I thought Colton Dixon was going to win it all but out of Phillip , Hollie, Jessica, Joshua I really do like Phillip Phillip is going to win it all p.s love ya Colton and I was rooting for you the whole way but I don’t know If this show is ragged but what happen with the votes and America

John

Posted at 1:22 AM on May 7, 2012

Don’t know if it’s rigged, but let’s face it- the voting system is ridiculous. If you really want the best/most popular singer to win, the system needs to be changed so that each week we vote the worst performance out.

Ric Cardo

Posted at 12:48 AM on May 4, 2012

Sure doesn’t bode well for any of the other contestants when the judges are so obviously biased toward Joshua and blatantly setting him up to win it. By the way, on Brit Night, Joshua sang a BeeGee’s song. They are Australian.

Domanion

Posted at 11:45 AM on May 10, 2012

Why do people have a problem with the judges liking Joshua? Aren’t they allowed to like anyone? These people have been with the show long enough to know that they’re favorites rarely win. In fact, if they were trying to manipulate the vote, I’d say they were trying to sabotage Joshua, because Americans don’t like it when they imagine someone is trying to manipulate them. They’ll vote for the worst (Phillip Phillips) just to make their point. And by the way, while the Bee Gees started out in Australia, they were living in England when they hit it big.

Courtney

Posted at 12:14 PM on April 29, 2012

What a coincidence that he supposedly got voted off right after saying that he didn’t really care what the judges said about him. Yes, indeed, I believe that it’s rigged.