'The Secret Circle' Shocker: Cassie's Sibling Is [Spoiler]

Thu, April 19, 2012 10:19pm EST by 8 Comments

The ‘other Blackwell’ has finally been revealed! Did you guess right?

It’s been the question on every Secret Circle fan’s mind since the winter finale: Who is Cassie’s (Britt Robertson) half-sibling in the circle? The answer was finally revealed at the very end of the April 19 episode — and it was not who I was expecting.

Despite Faye (Phoebe Tonkin) being positive she was John’s (Joe Lando) daughter for most of the hour, the other Blackwell turned out to be none other than Diana (Shelley Hennig)! Cassie put two and two together after Diana was affected by a spell designed to cripple witches with dark magic.

Personally, I’m just glad the other Blackwell isn’t Adam (Thomas Dekker) or Jake (Chris Zylka). I feel like incest is the final frontier The Secret Circle just isn’t ready to tackle.

Hit up the comments section with your thoughts on this week’s big reveal. Do you think Diana and Cassie being half-sisters will make their love triangle with Adam juicier — or are you disappointed? (I know a lot of people were hoping it would be Faye.)

— Andy Swift

Watcher

Posted at 12:56 PM on June 12, 2012

Haha! I thought it was Faye but somehow I just know it’s Diana because Faye way too obvious. Diana really is the sweetheart in SC..I like her and I hope both of them can just forget about that Adam dude. Or at least not fighting over him. ;) That dude way too girly looking..

jesse

Posted at 5:15 PM on May 18, 2012

SAVE THE SECRET CIRCLE

DAH

Posted at 5:44 PM on April 20, 2012

I was terrified it would be Jake–I love me some Jake/Cassie tension–but relieved it was Diane.

Though, overall, I think John Blackwell just impresses me with his cunning and backhandedness time and time again. He’s absolutely my favorite character… maybe because I’m already such a Daddy’s girl, heh.

Oishi

Posted at 2:28 PM on April 20, 2012

although I also thought that Diana could be a candidate as Cassie’s half-sibling (but I really thought it would be Faye like a hundred percent), I still can’t believe it. I mean, it came to me a shock. This would make the love story (adam and cassie’s) more juicer.

Erin

Posted at 1:30 AM on April 20, 2012

No surprise- but I read the books as a youth.

Jessngu

Posted at 1:18 AM on April 20, 2012

I still don’t think Diana is Cassie’s sister, related maybe? But this show has too many twist and turns. And did Cassie’s grandma really die??? That’s just too jacked up.

bitchstolemyremote

Posted at 1:03 AM on April 20, 2012

Considering the ridiculous number of siblings, parents, random hook-ups between the groups, I’m pretty sure some kind of dirty incest has already occurred.

It’s fun that it turned out to be Diana, though – they needed to find a way to get her whiny butt back into the circle.

So hopefully that Callum is gone for good. Besides providing greasey haired jokes for our recaps (http://wp.me/p1VQBq-Nc), he felt like literal plot fodder (get the circle from Grandpa Exposition’s house to the mine! Reveal the identity of the second Blackwell child!) Blah

Anon

Posted at 10:30 PM on April 19, 2012

This was such a GOOD episode!! Seriously. From the start to finish it was fantastic. Although, I was sad when Jane died.

HOWEVER, as for Diana being the other Blackwell child, I love it! I was pretty hooked onto the fact that Faye was too obvious so she wouldn’t be it, so my attention really turned to Melissa – especially after the “Curse” episode.

And the thing is, the whole time Melissa and Adam were in the mine, my stomach was turning all over because I was just waiting for something to happen to her since Royce, Jake’s grandfather, spelled it at some point.

Geez! Such a satisfying episode, and I can’t wait for next week’s episode!