Miley Cyrus's 'LOL' Gets Limited Release

Thu, April 19, 2012 10:07pm EST by 20 Comments
Miley Cyrus LOL

Poor Miley Cyrus! Her upcoming comedy ‘LOL’ is getting no attention from Lionsgate. It’s no fair!

It’s time for Miley Cyrus‘s mega fan base to get riled up and help its number one celebrity! The 19-year-old actress must be crushed — the studio behind her upcoming film, LOL, is putting it on the back burner and isn’t even officially announcing a U.S. release date.

The LA Times reports the production company was “not confident that they could successfully sell the picture” in a time of huge franchises like The Hunger Games, so they thought about releasing it straight to DVD.

Fortunately, that plan was nixed and there is now going to be a limited release in the US May 4 — which is the same day as The Avengers. How uncool is that?

We don’t understand how Lionsgate can give up on a movie with such mega star power behind it. After all, Miley’s not the only big name actress — Demi Moore and Ashley Greene are also starring in the teen-centered remake.

Are you as upset we are LOL isn’t being given a fair shot? Let’s prove them wrong by supporting Miley and blowing it out of the water!

More Miley Cyrus news:

1. Liam Hemsworth ‘Disgusted’ Over New Miley Cyrus Upskirt Pics
  2. Miley Cyrus Blasts Fans: I’m Not Anorexic
  3. Miley Cyrus, Wear Underwear! What Were You Thinking?

amber

Posted at 5:15 PM on May 30, 2012

it would be more known if they had commercials on tv and they would make more money if they were actually showing the movie i checked 3 places they dont have any showings

This guy

Posted at 3:52 PM on April 22, 2012

I dont know about her movie, but she can sit on my face any day

wtf

Posted at 2:22 AM on April 23, 2012

LOL k

dude

Posted at 2:22 AM on April 23, 2012

well she’s hot so I don’t blame you

lexi

Posted at 8:48 PM on April 20, 2012

i think they should put it on everywhere because it is a good story line and people can relate, but its not like miley needs the movie anyway, so undercover comes out on july 27th and she has alot of other movies in the works and a new album which is probably is going to mean a new tour

Anonymous

Posted at 9:46 PM on April 20, 2012

On Miley Cyrus & Douglas Booth & Demi Lovato & Liam Hemsworth & Ashley Greene & Jeremy Piven & Selena Gomez & Justin Bieber & Autumn Reeser & Sylvester Stallone & Kristen Stewart & Thomas Jane & Vanessa Hudgens & Austin Nichols

Molly Morris. You made me a deal. I could’ve put you in the deepest, darkest hole, but I kept you out because I knew that one day would come when you were gonna pay me back – and today’s that day.

Do you remember when we were best friends?When we’d share our every thought?Every smile?And every laugh?Oh, and did you remember when you broke my heart?Because I seem to remember that more than anything.I trusted you, I trusted you to take care of my heart.I trusted you not to take it and stomp on it.

The day you betrayed my trust was the day that I lost all my trust for you.I believed that you would take care of ym heart and that’s why I left it with you.Well, I am taking it back because at this very moment I can’t trust you with my heart.In fear that you will hurt me once more.

Look at me through my eyes and feel the pain I hide inside.

they mentioned your name, and someone asked me if i knew you. Looking away i thought of all the times we had together, sharing laughter, tears, jokes, and tons more, and then, without explanation you were gone. I looked to where they were waiting for my answer and then i said softly, once…I thought i did

I miss you when something really good happens, because your the one i want to share it with. I miss you when something is troubling me, because your the one who understands me so well. I miss you when i laugh and cry, because i know that you are the one that makes my laughter grow and tears dissapear. I miss you all the time, but i miss you the most when i lie awake at night, and think of all the wonderful times that we spent with each other

We talked a little today. We shared some civil, almost light or humorous words..and yet it didn’t feel the way it used to. I didn’t get the feeling that I used to..rather there was a knot in my stomach. You looked in my eyes as we sat across from each other and I held it as long as I could handle and this time, I was the first to look away. Nothing is the same anymore. The looks aren’t the same, the bond is not the same..nothing is the same. I know we’ve fought to stay strong for awhile but soemetimes I feel that being strong would mean letting go. So maybe one day, we won’t pretend anymore. So maybe one day it will be okay again. That’s all I want. I don’t care what it takes, i want it to be okay again.

It hurts to want him so much…then open my eyes and see you standing there

How do I say goodbye to what we had, the good times that made us laugh outweigh the bad, I thought we’d get to see forever, but forevers gone away – it’s so hard to say goodbye to yesterday

I don’t know if I should smile because he’s my friend, or cry because that’s all he’ll ever be

The quiet things that no one ever knows, The feeling of being alone. No one to listen, No one to care,The feeling of being scared, Not knowing if things will ever get better, Even though you tell yourself that things will But really things just keep getting worse

natalie

Posted at 12:44 PM on April 21, 2012

actually.. she does. she has 1 movie coming out which she filmed 2 years ago. she has been performing a song here and there. but she really hasnt done much since 2010

lucy

Posted at 7:22 AM on April 20, 2012

Lionsgate sucks ! Miley you’re the best !

wen

Posted at 4:49 AM on April 20, 2012

its ok !! still philippines s waiting 4 the realease love herrr!!!

Xtinka

Posted at 4:38 AM on April 20, 2012

Well i saw original french movie and let me tell you, that movie is greate, but trailer,with Miley, is exactly the same,just with different actors, that’s not interesting… so i think that’s not that bad idea to release it in dvd

ree

Posted at 4:33 AM on April 20, 2012

we r so xcited in this film!!!love it mileyyyyy

tin2x

Posted at 4:31 AM on April 20, 2012

its ok! cuz this movie will release all over the world!!! and weer going to watch it!! ITS OK MILES WE SMILERS R THERE:)AHAHAH ULIKE OTHER TEEN MOVIE ITS FLOP!!!

gregory

Posted at 3:56 PM on April 29, 2012

how could u be so sure it will be released worldwide?

Blah

Posted at 2:43 AM on April 20, 2012

Sure, let’s get upset about how a millionaires movie isn’t getting so much hype.

Reality Check

Posted at 12:39 AM on April 20, 2012

@Pickley: It’s not really funny. I’m glad that made your day
@J: She was never huge but she was a GREAT earner and two of her three lead roles were number one in the box office. She doesn’t have too much acting experience though.
I will see this film. It seems just…cute. I’m kinda tired of franchises and romantic comedies do this could work…

Pickley

Posted at 10:57 PM on April 19, 2012

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

natalie

Posted at 10:40 PM on April 19, 2012

miley cyrus is not that big in the film industry anymore. besides, why is it taking so long to release this film? they began filming in 2010.. two years ago.. really?

J

Posted at 11:05 PM on April 19, 2012

She was big in the film industry once?

Miley@Gypsy ♥

Posted at 10:23 PM on April 19, 2012

It is not fair. The fan is super excited, at least they could already be promoting after the release of The Hunger Games.
The fan is spread by the release of LOL twitter, facebook, that they should advertise the film, since they will release it.

Fggg

Posted at 10:21 PM on April 19, 2012

Here’s something. It’s called grammar. And the phrase is ‘not fair.’