Jessica Simpson Ditches $500,000 Birthing Suite For C-Section

Wed, April 18, 2012 11:43am EDT by 58 Comments
Jessica Simpson Pregnant

Lisa

Posted at 11:24 AM on April 19, 2012

C sections hurt a lot and the recovery time is painful why not vaginal birth with on epadural?

Tam

Posted at 2:10 AM on April 19, 2012

I have had both my children via c-section… and if it were up to me i would have preferred vaginal…… i HATED the pain after the csection especially while taking care of my kids afterwards

Tam

Posted at 2:04 AM on April 19, 2012

I hope this is false… if millions of females can go through labour and the pain… i dont think jessica will die over it… lol

Rachel

Posted at 10:54 PM on April 18, 2012

I hope she knows how painful the recovery from a c-section is! She defiantly wont be hitting the gym the next week!

Stephanie

Posted at 10:35 PM on April 18, 2012

There are plenty of wonderful doctors that preform elective c sections. Its her choice. Both my children were born by c section. The 2nd the one i chose to have. None of anyone’s business what another mother decides. Move on

Rhonda

Posted at 10:31 PM on April 18, 2012

Who cares? It is her life and her child. It is no ones business! I looked just like Jessica when I had my first child. Same height and size. I had a 9 pound baby eventually by C-Section before suffering hours and hours. She was just too big for me to have. I would have preferred to have scheduled a C-Section and not gone through all that torture. It wasn’t worth it! My second was a scheduled C-Section and he weighed 9 pounds, too, and was 2 weeks early! So no, I don’t blame Jessica one bit.

Becca

Posted at 10:13 PM on April 18, 2012

I guess when you have money you can MAKE a dr give you a c-section. I was scared to death and asked my OB/GYN in the very beginning for a c section and he told me only if it is medically necessary. If she doesnt need one they should say no to her. Pain is part of it and honestly the pain after a c section is horrible. I ended up having an emergency c section due to the size of my son and him being stuck. I was in pain for about three weeks. Every time I moved it hurt so bad. I cant stand when these celebrities think money can buy anything they want. She needs to “man” up and push that baby out if she can its better for the baby.

kathi

Posted at 8:48 PM on April 18, 2012

There is a saying like this “Only one himself knows if the shoes match his feet or not”。If you really love her /him, race, color or age. ain’t nothing but a number for these loved-up A-Listers. My BF and I both think so! He is a banker .We met via ___Blackwhiteplanet,,C0’M____, a nice place for women and men who have much money, Ever feel that you would best enjoy someone who is in your group? If u are really interested in it, maybe u wanna check it out or tell your friends.

olivia

Posted at 7:59 PM on April 18, 2012

TRUE OR NOT SOMETIMES HAVING A C-SECTION IF YOUR JESSICA SIMPSON OR AN EVERY WOMAN-JUST SOMETIMES HAVING A C-SECTION IS EASIER AND HEALTHIER FOR THE MOTHER AND BABY

realchic

Posted at 5:06 PM on April 18, 2012

Such a silly story & no one knows anything including INTOUCH. Everyone just covering there bases so they look like they have the scoop. Best thing Jess can do is lay low have her baby & not confirm anything for days or weeks.. I love that idea. Play the media at there own game. Birth her baby & everyone thinks she is still preggers works for me. lol.

Lets not forget the father is 6’4 & 230 -40 lbs & Jess is said to be delivering a close to 10 lb baby & Jess is 5’1-2 BUt we just couldn’t say that in reality she may not be able to deliver on her own but tabloids have to make up some flippin drama story that emotionaly she can’t handle pain. What a disservice to Jessica & many women that may experince the same. HOW SAD.

Bri

Posted at 5:00 PM on April 18, 2012

I don’t know what kind of doctors you guys had or what hospitals took care of you but I have used three seperate doctors, three different hospitals for all three of my pregnancies and never did they ever allowed me to have a c-section for my own reasons. They will not allow it unless it is absolutely the last resort due to complications…

Mommyof2

Posted at 4:59 PM on April 18, 2012

Agree 100%!!! I have had both and my c-section was MUCH more painful and recovery was much more extensive than normal birthing! Some people have NO IDEA! My 1st was breech so I had no choice but my 2nd I had a choice and chose normal vaginal delivery and it was much more pleasant than not being able to move for weeks after having major surgery!

becca

Posted at 10:16 PM on April 18, 2012

I had an emergency c section and it was the worst pain ever. I dont think that just because she has money that she should be allowed to tell a dr how she is having her baby. Normal people cant do that

Marshie

Posted at 4:56 PM on April 18, 2012

I personally feel it is her right, there might of been other issues that were going on that WE do not know about. I’ve had 3 C-sections. Who are we to judge her just because she changed her mind. I’m glad she is doing what SHE feels is best for her!

Melissa B

Posted at 4:41 PM on April 18, 2012

Are you serious the healing after the C-Section is way worse than the labor and stuff What a moron!!!!!!

michelle

Posted at 4:37 PM on April 18, 2012

C-sections should be the decision of the mother, and us as women should have a choice when it comes to vaginal or c-section. As for myself, I would take a c-section anyday over vaginal. But thats my choice, There is no wrong answer here.

Sara

Posted at 5:44 PM on April 18, 2012

you must be a moron. It should not be your CHOICE to get a c section, because ENORMOUS amounts of study show that c sections are bad for your baby as compared to natural birth. So should you be allowed to put your own silly pain fears ahead of your child being healthy? No, not unless you are a selfish witch. Unless that baby is stuck, his heart is slowing, or you are really sick, they should make every baby come out the way who ever designed us wanted them to.

Dena

Posted at 3:55 PM on April 18, 2012

I am guessing she gave birth already. Just my instincts kicking in I guess.

Courtney

Posted at 3:55 PM on April 18, 2012

has it ever occoured to you that it’s medically neccessary due to complications for Jessica to have a c-section and that it’s none of the public’s business how her baby is born as long as she and the baby are healthy. delivering a 10lb baby is hard work especially for a short girl like Jessica ask Nancy Sinatra her first daughter Angela Jennifer was 9lbs 15oz at birth in 1974 and she’s only 5ft 3in. try putting yourself in Jess’s situation before you critize her.

Anna

Posted at 3:51 PM on April 18, 2012

sad mothers don’t do whats best for the Baby – very egoistic in my opinion – only if it’s by choice of course!

courtney

Posted at 3:45 PM on April 18, 2012

Jessica has to have a c -section for medical reasons of carrying excess amniotic fluid and a 10lb baby. stop being so negative about c-sections they do save lives and some women don’t take the epidural well. it’s none of our god damn business how the baby gets here as long as mom and baby are healthy nobody made a fuss when Pink admitted to having a c-section because her daughtter was breach

Justine

Posted at 2:17 PM on April 18, 2012

Its none of our business.

gbtw

Posted at 2:12 PM on April 18, 2012

i don’t believe any of this story, except that maybe she is going to end up having to have a c-section (but not by choice).

LittleMo

Posted at 1:49 PM on April 18, 2012

People with money can buy whatever they want if they choose to flex their muscle. But a doctor who is truly a doctor is nto going to do a C-section just because the woman doesn’t want to feel pain. It’s major surgery and not like going throgh the drive-thru at McDonald’s for a hamburger.

gbtw

Posted at 2:16 PM on April 18, 2012

elective c-sections are performed all the time for various reasons, by plenty of good doctors. i was going to do one, and of my team of 4 doctors- only one would not perform it based on her principles. the other three felt like it should be a woman’s choice how to give birth, even if, for example, she just doesn’t want her privates destroyed by a baby coming out of them. ultimately, i changed my mind b/c i did think it was ridiculous to elect to cut myself open… but, i don’t judge anyone who chooses to go that route.

Apple

Posted at 12:58 PM on April 18, 2012

The pain and recovery time of a c-section is much greater than the pain of a vaginal birth with an epidural for most people. I don’t understand choosing surgery as a way to avoid pain…

gbtw

Posted at 2:17 PM on April 18, 2012

that’s why this story is not believable. people elect to have c-sections all the time, but not to avoid pain!

Adreana

Posted at 3:50 PM on April 18, 2012

I totally agree you took the words right out of my mouth :)

Letherdecide not public

Posted at 12:43 PM on April 18, 2012

What made you her boss and decide for her would Bonnie Fuller like it if we the public looked over her desk and decided for her!

Anon123

Posted at 12:28 PM on April 18, 2012

My aunt almost died of c-section. Jessica, take epidural and give birth naturally (unless you have herpes, of course)!!

Marcia DeLuca

Posted at 11:49 PM on May 2, 2012

geez,,, when I was 17 I had an over 9 pounder with an epidural and delivered with the aide of forceps……I think more weight gain is harder on both mom and baby but sometimes it seems that the baby is going to get as big as nature deems,,,, good luck Jessica God bless both of you and that was your body your choice. Bit as small as you are height etc,,, getting that weight off is going to be an uphill battle all the way…don’t give up.

Katie

Posted at 5:36 AM on May 5, 2012

I am small like Jessica and my baby was 7 # 10 oz. After 12 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing I was unable to push her out because my pelvis is considered marginal. I had no choice but to have a c-section. If I would have known I would have had to go thru labor and pushing with no success, I would have opted for a c-section! Maybe her doctor told her that her baby was going to be too big to go through her birth canal!? We don’t know the real story. It sucks to have to go through labor and then find out you have to have a c-section anyway. To be honest, I thought the c-section was not that bad. I was a little tender for a few weeks but I recovered very fast! Some women say they are so horrible but I dont understand. The most pain I felt was gone within 5 days. I think Jessica had the right to decide to have her baby however she wanted too. People need to stop judging her!