Zac Efron & Vanessa Hudgens Should Get Back Together — Here’s Why

Tue, April 17, 2012 3:28pm EDT by 177 Comments
Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens Back Together

Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens made the perfect couple. Even though she’s dating someone else right now, I have faith they’ll rekindle their flame once again!

When Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens were together, I took them for granted as a couple. It was almost cheesy how cute they were — two Disney Channel stars who fell in love on the set of their movie, High School Musical and proceeded to date while they filmed the sequels. It seemed too good to be true!

However, I was surprisingly devastated when they broke things off in 2010, after Vanessa, now 23, reportedly cheated on Zac, now 24, with her Journey 2: The Mysterious Island co-star, Josh Hutcherson. Interestingly enough, the former love birds remained friends and even rekindled their flame a couple times post-breakup.

Since that time, Vanessa has moved on with her new boy toy, Austin Butler, who she flaunts around like crazy — especially this year at Coachella. Whenever the cameras were on her, Vanessa couldn’t wait to steal a passionate kiss with Austin. This seemed bizarre to me, particularly because Zac just had an interview in People magazine where he talked about how in love he used to be with her. Was she trying to rub something in his face?

I think the time Zac and Vanessa have taken to be apart from each other is healthy, but ultimately, I hope they get back together. First of all, they were each other’s first loves, which is a special connection that lasts the test of time. Additionally, they knew one another before they were famous. In fact, their connection was so deep during their audition, they got the job in large part based off their incredible chemistry. Isn’t that amazing?

After they shot HSM, Zac and Vanessa’s careers peaked at the same time — they both became household names immediately. No one understands exactly what they went through during their formative teen years better than the two of them.

You can’t tell me that’s not special.

During the time they dated, Zac and Vanessa showered each other with love — often buying lavish gifts and even moving in with each other for a time. Sadly, I think they became too comfortable with one another and Vanessa got bored. According to reports and what I’ve heard from sources, she had a wandering eye while she was shooting her movie in Hawaii and completely wrecked her relationship with Zac. What a bummer!

That said, Zac and Vanessa were too young to be that serious anyway at that point. They didn’t need to run off and get married before they were even 25 — which is why I think it’s healthy they’ve spent the last year and a half seeing other people. However, at the end of the day, I want them to end up together. Not only are they an incredibly attractive pair, they GET each other.

I doubt it will happen any time soon, but in the next few years, as they start to settle down more and more, I hope Zac and Vanessa rekindle their romance and make it work this time around. After all, first loves only come around once.

Do YOU think Zac and Vanessa are meant for each other?

Watch: Vanessa Hudgens Talks Selena Gomez In Spring Breakers

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

More Zac:

1. Vanessa Hudgens Flaunting Austin Butler PDA To Make Zac Efron Jealous, Experts Say
  2. Zac Efron: Admits I Was In Love With Vanessa Hudgens
  3. Zac Efron Teaches You How To Unhook A Bra With One Hand

flexy t william

Posted at 6:58 AM on September 14, 2012

every thing is crazy

dennis

Posted at 3:12 AM on September 8, 2012

Im really sad because them broke up but i think that they will be return be a nice couple…i hope got one day they will return HSM for new movie and back for the nice couple feeling <3

Christopher nwusulor

Posted at 4:53 PM on September 6, 2012

As 4 me,I tink dey re meant 4 each oda nd no mata wat hppns,dat connection between dem will always remain strong nd i believe dat some day dey will get into each odas arms again.

emmanuel kusi acheampong

Posted at 4:58 AM on August 29, 2012

i think zac & vanessah i meant together….they really deserve other and i think they still have love for each other…haaaaa how can you guys break up…..you guys must get back together…love you guyz zacnessa hefron

Danny

Posted at 4:15 PM on August 24, 2012

.I can not stand to see them separated!
Zac and vanessa always …

Danny

Posted at 4:11 PM on August 24, 2012

Zac and Vanessa really are perfect, as they say Romeo and Juliet of modern times!
Austin dropped with a parachute on this story.

ana

Posted at 1:08 PM on August 24, 2012

i think they needed time for each other not that vanessa cheated on zac as you said which is not true. if they are really meant for each other time will tell..

Sharace

Posted at 2:16 PM on August 16, 2012

I was so upset when I found out they broke up but to be honest I KNOW THEY WILL GET BACK TOGETHER AGAIN :-)

Billy

Posted at 3:24 AM on August 15, 2012

it’s cool to see those gyz together.

Susan

Posted at 7:39 AM on August 13, 2012

I tink dis guys shud get bak 2geda b’cos dey really fit 2geda nd as 4 zac try his best nd fight bak 4 vanessa.tel her dat u luv her let her know she’s pushing 4ward not bakward dere may comz a time wen 4ward wil be hard 2 go nd wil not be able 2 get bakward nd 4 zac i tink u’re 2 easy,if u really luv vanessa,fite 4 her nd ave d fate she’s yours 4eva……u guys re realy cutie 2geda!!!

Nalani

Posted at 2:15 AM on August 21, 2012

Your writing is atrocious and I think that you need to go back to kindergarten and redo your education because it obviously did not work the first time around.

amyfoyster

Posted at 2:40 AM on August 23, 2012

Could not agree more!

Anne Bernadette

Posted at 7:09 PM on August 12, 2012

Zac and Vanessa were really meant for each other !I want them back together !

Anna

Posted at 1:06 PM on June 21, 2012

It has NOTHINg to do with being disrepectful towards Vanessa or Austin. We don’t wish them something bad. Lots of people, like me, think it’s important to serious date at least 2 people in life, so you will never wonder when you are older, if you really choose the right person. vanessa is doing that! But if she (or Austin) ever feel they are not the one for eachother, that Vanessa will return to Zac, if possible and wanted. Austin I would wish that he would find his true love then. So it’s not disrespectful at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

me

Posted at 7:14 PM on June 15, 2012

Wow this article is so stupid !!! so disrespectful to Vanessa and to Austin. Vanessa is clearly happy with Austin and people should just respect that and let Zac and Vanessa to get on with there lifes !!!

Brandon

Posted at 11:31 AM on August 23, 2012

i WANT TO DATE VANESSA hUDGENS I WANT TO MEET HER

Bella Reeze

Posted at 4:09 AM on June 14, 2012

I thought they had gotten married! Thats what ppl said in a video i watched on youtube, and it showed pics of their Hawaiian wedding. I want them to get back together sooooo….. bad!!!!

Lisa joe

Posted at 8:30 AM on June 13, 2012

Zac and vanesa you guys are xo much meant 4 each other tho i have a little krush on zac but you deserve each other or is it a rule that when one is a celeb they cant have true love,’?give some light guys.its lisa joe u can tweet me if you even read this gud day

gisele

Posted at 7:07 AM on June 7, 2012

I hate it when they broke up. even today i was thinking why would they do such a thing? i hope that they will return back,and have a wonderful life together. I know they are still young when they were fall in love before and maybe, they do need some spaces for themselves now. but i hope that they will live together in the end. i love you both:) and good luck

Nicky

Posted at 11:02 PM on June 18, 2012

Zac and Vanessa definitly made a beautiful couple and I would love to c them back together. I love to c people together who r truly in love. There was so much love in their eyes for one another. Wish someone would look at me that way. How can I b down. My 1st love was my Mr. Perfect and no one else has ever compared. I know real love when I c it. U guys have got it so please go get her Zac! Vanessa, help me out! Love y’all! :-)

Nice

Posted at 7:54 AM on May 17, 2012

I think Zac and Vanessa should getback together because many look at them as role models. I really do love the way they fell in love with each other, I admire them a lot. So, Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron, I want you two back together and save some fans a smile. Thanks.

Danny

Posted at 4:46 PM on May 16, 2012

Não acredito nessa história de que Vanessa tenha traido Zac, mais acredito sim, que foi ela quem terminou, por causa da distância. Ela é uma mulher inteligente e sábia esse tipo de namoro ia acabar desgastando o namoro deles, e ela resolveu terminar …Mais com concerteza tem grandes chances dos dois voltarem , eles se amam ,eram muito jovens quando o namoro iniciou depois de anos afastados e conhecendo novos pretendentes irão ficar mais maduros e irão ver que nascerão um para outro…São lindos

Carasy

Posted at 6:12 PM on May 12, 2012

I think it was Vanessa who broke up with Zac.

She seemed liked she needed more time with him, and more of his attention but he couldn’t give her that. He wanted to focus on his career. I think he really tried to make time though like how he went to visit her in Hawaii before their break up. Also, he didn’t want to get married before he was 40, and she wanted to be a mom by 30. Differences are often deal breakers!

I love Zanessa, and I think they really loved each other once upon a time. I saw it in their eyes, and the way they looked at each each other.

However, I think Vanessa has moved on. She might just marry Austin Butler if they last a few more years. What is she 23 or 24.

As for Zac, I think he gave up too easily. If you really love someone you should fight for them. Zac obviously did not do that with Vanessa. Which is sad because maybe that’s what Vanessa wanted him to do. To fight & want her to stay. T_T

14marshmallow21

Posted at 11:03 PM on May 14, 2012

PLEASE TELL ME VANESSA AND AUSTIN WON’T GET MARRIED!!! =P HOWEVER, I DO AGREE THAT VANESSA WAS THE ONE WHO DUMPED ZAC!!! =P LET’S JUST HOPE ZANESSA GETS BACK BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D ZANESSA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D I ALSO AGREE THAT ZAC NEEDS TO TRY HARDER TO FIGHT BACK FOR VANESSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

emily

Posted at 10:14 AM on June 1, 2012

i completely agree it is sad that vanessa and zac aren’t together but….i think vanessa ghas moved on….time seemed to be an issue for them but…zac should have tried to make more time with her but that…isn’t easy….i think they were once a very nice couple but…once vanessa broke up with him….they split apart i use to look up to them….but now that she;s with Austin….i mean they are a cute couple but it does look the same as before, but i think that vanessa has moved on….i mean i remeber being in a relationship exactly like that and the went down the drain….its best to try and move on…..cause you can’t cling to the same thing..i’ve been there and done that.

faith jaha

Posted at 9:50 AM on May 9, 2012

vannesa and butler do not match as a couple,but vannesa and zac do match as a wonderful couple.

Rosina

Posted at 3:55 PM on May 7, 2012

oke first thing first.
Vanessa breaks up with Austin Buttler.
A while later Zac and Vanessa are still single.
The whole world wants them together.
They start seeing eachother.
Zanessa is an item again.
They get married and have the most beautiful kids! :D

This is what i want.
anyone else wants this?
X Zanessa forever

francis

Posted at 2:47 AM on June 5, 2012

OMG..
thats what i want for them ..
their so cute together ..

vitora

Posted at 9:13 PM on May 6, 2012

there SO CUTE togather!

Kelsy

Posted at 5:26 AM on May 2, 2012

Vanessa should do something about her new“mr perfet”coz a guy has to spend money on a girl.zac is the only guy who should be vanessa’s “mr perfet”

Jizzel

Posted at 3:33 AM on May 2, 2012

Hey…I wud relly luv 2see v nd z 2get bck 2gether !! In ma opinion de admire each other…I think we giv dem tym nd de will get bck …dat z de best couple!! Jst hop de get bck 2gether nd shoot out HSM 4…I undastand!!!

I love you Vanessa nd Zac.
Nd I always wish 4u 2get bck 2gether!!!

Jizzel

Posted at 12:14 PM on April 30, 2012

Hey ….zac and vanessa !!I relly want to meet u..and I know if u meant 4each other u wil defenately get back… I love to see u as a couple……
I love u

francine

Posted at 5:55 AM on May 24, 2012

i fill that this 2 love birds were meant 2 be together! y did they break it off? Please Z try 2 win V bck, because i knw tht u stll lve her so pls mke tht hppn 4 evry1s ske an V gt th guy bck u guys rck 2gther ….. go wild cat (we are all in ths 2gthr) remember? I lve U