Zac Efron & Vanessa Hudgens Should Get Back Together — Here’s Why

Tue, April 17, 2012 3:28pm EDT by 177 Comments
Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens Back Together

Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens made the perfect couple. Even though she’s dating someone else right now, I have faith they’ll rekindle their flame once again!

When Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens were together, I took them for granted as a couple. It was almost cheesy how cute they were — two Disney Channel stars who fell in love on the set of their movie, High School Musical and proceeded to date while they filmed the sequels. It seemed too good to be true!

However, I was surprisingly devastated when they broke things off in 2010, after Vanessa, now 23, reportedly cheated on Zac, now 24, with her Journey 2: The Mysterious Island co-star, Josh Hutcherson. Interestingly enough, the former love birds remained friends and even rekindled their flame a couple times post-breakup.

Since that time, Vanessa has moved on with her new boy toy, Austin Butler, who she flaunts around like crazy — especially this year at Coachella. Whenever the cameras were on her, Vanessa couldn’t wait to steal a passionate kiss with Austin. This seemed bizarre to me, particularly because Zac just had an interview in People magazine where he talked about how in love he used to be with her. Was she trying to rub something in his face?

I think the time Zac and Vanessa have taken to be apart from each other is healthy, but ultimately, I hope they get back together. First of all, they were each other’s first loves, which is a special connection that lasts the test of time. Additionally, they knew one another before they were famous. In fact, their connection was so deep during their audition, they got the job in large part based off their incredible chemistry. Isn’t that amazing?

After they shot HSM, Zac and Vanessa’s careers peaked at the same time — they both became household names immediately. No one understands exactly what they went through during their formative teen years better than the two of them.

You can’t tell me that’s not special.

During the time they dated, Zac and Vanessa showered each other with love — often buying lavish gifts and even moving in with each other for a time. Sadly, I think they became too comfortable with one another and Vanessa got bored. According to reports and what I’ve heard from sources, she had a wandering eye while she was shooting her movie in Hawaii and completely wrecked her relationship with Zac. What a bummer!

That said, Zac and Vanessa were too young to be that serious anyway at that point. They didn’t need to run off and get married before they were even 25 — which is why I think it’s healthy they’ve spent the last year and a half seeing other people. However, at the end of the day, I want them to end up together. Not only are they an incredibly attractive pair, they GET each other.

I doubt it will happen any time soon, but in the next few years, as they start to settle down more and more, I hope Zac and Vanessa rekindle their romance and make it work this time around. After all, first loves only come around once.

Do YOU think Zac and Vanessa are meant for each other?

Watch: Vanessa Hudgens Talks Selena Gomez In Spring Breakers

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

More Zac:

1. Vanessa Hudgens Flaunting Austin Butler PDA To Make Zac Efron Jealous, Experts Say
  2. Zac Efron: Admits I Was In Love With Vanessa Hudgens
  3. Zac Efron Teaches You How To Unhook A Bra With One Hand

Jizzel

Posted at 11:49 AM on April 30, 2012

Zac and vanessa are the best couple on disny ….and definatly the will get back together

cynthia garza

Posted at 3:42 PM on April 25, 2012

hi

Sophie Williams

Posted at 5:37 PM on April 20, 2012

Vanessa didn’t cheated on Zac with Josh! Jesus! Like she said: ‘Can’t a girl have friends?’ I’m sure Zac hang around with his co-stars and get along with them aswell, but I don’t call that cheating! And she started hanging around more and get closer to Josh after the break-up. So please, just please.

maryfaith

Posted at 6:26 AM on April 19, 2012

vanessan and why are you break up

vernadette jimenez

Posted at 6:18 AM on April 19, 2012

hi zac i love you zac

zac efron

Posted at 6:15 AM on April 19, 2012

hi evryone this is zac efron from high school musical

vaessa hudgens

Posted at 6:13 AM on April 19, 2012

hi everyone thank you comment

nicole jimnez

Posted at 6:10 AM on April 19, 2012

i like you zac very much

maryfaith

Posted at 6:09 AM on April 19, 2012

i like your movie so much thats favorite movie in the word

Danielle

Posted at 1:31 PM on April 18, 2012

You know! When I saw pictures of Vanessa and Josh were in Hawai filming Journey 2, months before V and Zac broke up, I thought something was going on between Vanessa and Josh, but then I saw pics when Zac visit Vanessa in Hawai, I thought was just in my mind. But who really knows??

JANETTE

Posted at 6:05 AM on April 19, 2012

i like to see you zac vanessa sharpay and ryan

MiimZ

Posted at 1:30 PM on April 18, 2012

I’d LOVEEE to see them together but i’m sure this won’t happen.. unfortunately..

honestly

Posted at 11:45 AM on April 18, 2012

As much as I would love to see these two back together, it’s probably not going to happen. This is real life not one of his corny movies. Real life is complicated. I think she seems happy with her new boyfriend and while he is in the picture, there is probably not going to be a rekindling of “Zanessa”. The sad thing is that Zac and Vanessa are friends no more. They seemed to really share a deep friendship as well as love. They were virtual unknowns when they began dating and shot to fame overnight together. No one can understand what this feels like without having experienced it. One wonders what would happen if they ever by chance worked together again. I think it would be game on.

nessa

Posted at 9:30 AM on April 18, 2012

i really miss them and still waiting to that day.

laulet

Posted at 2:22 AM on April 18, 2012

time can tell..
i think its difficult to have this sort of relationship under camera.. the good thing with them, when theyre still a couple, theyre able to deal their relationship in private as much as they could.
the problem, i think Z is so into his career, though he may loved V, yet he took for granted the comfortability of each others relationship. in his interviews he once or twice said that “absence makes heart grow fonder”.. this is partly right.. but it also creates distance from each others’ relationship. with his very famous, well loved by ladies, girls, even oldies’ personality, its intimidating for any girl/lady. Z should have take care the relationship the way what her gf would prefer to. And not ‘always’ what he thought it should be. If he cant live with some expectations of his gf, better not to go into a relationship. Z is a player, and many ladies do not want that for his bf, are you??

Ava

Posted at 12:53 AM on April 18, 2012

I think Zac would make a lovely couple with Blake Lively too.

Anna

Posted at 1:42 PM on April 18, 2012

i’ve never really thought of that..yes, they totally would!!!!!!!

pipa

Posted at 12:38 AM on April 18, 2012

If they are meant to be, they’re meant to be and to correct you Vanessa did not cheat on Zac. She dated Josh after they broke up, she finds comfort on Josh when she got heartbroken with the break up. No way Vanessa would cheat on the man he respect and love at the time they were together. As for Zac, oh well, i’ll just keep to myself my opinion on him.

Danielle

Posted at 1:26 PM on April 18, 2012

Why?? What do you think about Zac?

A

Posted at 10:40 PM on April 17, 2012

Am I the only one that thinks Zac and Taylor Swift make an adorable couple and should date?

Sonja

Posted at 10:31 PM on April 17, 2012

Yes I think they did make the perfect couple just like Justin and Selena Gomez do. These two couple can show us older folks what true love is really about. Shoot I’m 48 yrs old and only been married once. I guess you can say I’m still looking for my Mr right. I don’t know I may never get married again. Hey Justin can you tell me what true love is.LOL. Love you and Selena. And you both have great music that I can actually understand.

Sonja

Dinnyq

Posted at 10:21 PM on April 17, 2012

I LOVED them as a couple and I think they will get back together and possibly marry someday. They really seemed like soul mates. Luckily, their break up was amicable and no third parties were involved. Vanessa did NOT cheat on Zac, she wouldn’t do that. They have mutual love and respect for each other and that was very apparent to the public. They just grew up and grew apart and wanted to experience singledom/dating as adults. Mind you they were together for five years. That’s really long considering that Vanessa was 16 and Zac was 17 when they started dating. They were very mature and private about their relationship and treated it as something sacred. I love them as individuals and as actors and I wish them all the best in their personal lives. What is meant to happen will happen. (Zanessa forever?)

Milli

Posted at 7:36 PM on April 17, 2012

out of all the things, why to blame Vanessa, we have heard plenty of things from nola and dont come to me making seem zac look all saint when he is not, besides he was never there for her, not premieres, not anything, if something, he did an extremely well job avoiding Vanessa topic when they were together and after, i doubt she cheated, and as josh said at journey he and Vanessa dated since late january 2011, which is after zanessa broke up, if something i do believe that for zac to go to North Carolina after they broke up it means he was trying to win her back, and he went to North Carolina in january 2011, he was the one going after her, not the other way around, i guess that if i cheat and i want to get back i would go after the one i cheated on, no the other way right?

Will

Posted at 5:38 PM on April 17, 2012

Listen, people break up, move on and that’s that. So what if they were each other’s first loves? My first love was when I 17. I’m 36 now and have long since moved on, been in other relationships, I’m in one now going on 6 years, and I’m quite sure it’s been similar for her. This is the same for countless couples, even those in the spotlight. Those of you wishing Zac and Vanessa getting back together, well, don’t hold your breath.

Besides, they’re both young and seem quite happy with their lives as they are. I say let it be.

Stephanie

Posted at 4:55 PM on April 17, 2012

I Still believe that Zac & Vanessa will get back together.I agree with screening with this article.It going to take time of what the future holds for both.What I disagree about this is that Vanessa cheated on Zac that sounds stupid & Selfish.Why makes you think that V cheated on Zac anyway.If You think that She cheated on him why she was still with him at the time.Vanessa will never hurt Zac Like that because She loves & cares for him deeply.And Zac will never hurt Vanessa either.I don’t believe that Zac says that he’s happy about V’s new relationship with Austin.Zac knows he still in love with V and she still in love Zac.At The End Day They had to realize that true love never dies.Z & V knows deep down in their heart that they still love each other.When they going to have right together they will settle down and be together again someday and their love will be stronger.I have faith in them that Z & V will get married,have kids on their own and live happily ever.ZANESSA FORVER.

JOAN

Posted at 10:09 PM on April 17, 2012

I believed Zanessa will be back into each others arms, One date and talked , im sure all things eand well. They reall meant for each other, they need to talk.
Zac seems really inlove with Vanessa, vice versa.

lauren

Posted at 4:03 PM on April 17, 2012

@truth
um you dont know what happen so stop.
look whos talking?

Truth

Posted at 3:56 PM on April 17, 2012

I think it is so wrong of you to put blame on Vanessa as a cheater, when there were “Sources” that said he cheated on her in New Orleans at the time with his now co-star and local strippers. Bottom line you don’t know anything so why do you have to start horrible rumors there is nothing worse than a cheater and it seems like they both did it. This is a stupid post on your part anyway, they are both moving on with others and already have.

Megan

Posted at 5:21 PM on April 17, 2012

I also heard that certain “things” happened in NOLA from the time they started filming in Oct through Dec. Zac strives to make his character REAL. Vanessa had friends who worked in hair and makeup on TLO that spilled the beans to her. Funny thing is in some of her interviews, Taylor Schilling pretty much confirms what Vanessa was told. And Vanessa knew what was happening before she went off to film Journey in Hawaii. It made for a bitter split, but it’s over and done. They’re both living the lives they want to right now.

lauren

Posted at 5:46 PM on April 17, 2012

@megan
when you ”hear” things it doesnt mean it’s true?

again people can ‘claim” they know stuff and say what they think or hear…but at the end of the day the only people who know are z and v, not you, not haters, not ”sources” so u need to stop believing everything you ”hear”

Abbie

Posted at 12:19 AM on April 18, 2012

There was NO THIRD PARTY. Did he hook up in NOLA before the split was ANNOUNCED but had already happened, probably, but there wasn’t a third party. Honestly, I can’t say how I know (I know that seems so lame but it’s true), there wasn’t one because if there was it would have made things easier on them but there wasn’t. No one cheated.

lauren

Posted at 3:37 PM on April 17, 2012

is it your guys were obsessed with them time?

also are you 12?