Zac Efron & Vanessa Hudgens Should Get Back Together — Here’s Why

Tue, April 17, 2012 3:28pm EDT by 177 Comments
Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens Back Together

Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens made the perfect couple. Even though she’s dating someone else right now, I have faith they’ll rekindle their flame once again!

When Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens were together, I took them for granted as a couple. It was almost cheesy how cute they were — two Disney Channel stars who fell in love on the set of their movie, High School Musical and proceeded to date while they filmed the sequels. It seemed too good to be true!

However, I was surprisingly devastated when they broke things off in 2010, after Vanessa, now 23, reportedly cheated on Zac, now 24, with her Journey 2: The Mysterious Island co-star, Josh Hutcherson. Interestingly enough, the former love birds remained friends and even rekindled their flame a couple times post-breakup.

Since that time, Vanessa has moved on with her new boy toy, Austin Butler, who she flaunts around like crazy — especially this year at Coachella. Whenever the cameras were on her, Vanessa couldn’t wait to steal a passionate kiss with Austin. This seemed bizarre to me, particularly because Zac just had an interview in People magazine where he talked about how in love he used to be with her. Was she trying to rub something in his face?

I think the time Zac and Vanessa have taken to be apart from each other is healthy, but ultimately, I hope they get back together. First of all, they were each other’s first loves, which is a special connection that lasts the test of time. Additionally, they knew one another before they were famous. In fact, their connection was so deep during their audition, they got the job in large part based off their incredible chemistry. Isn’t that amazing?

After they shot HSM, Zac and Vanessa’s careers peaked at the same time — they both became household names immediately. No one understands exactly what they went through during their formative teen years better than the two of them.

You can’t tell me that’s not special.

During the time they dated, Zac and Vanessa showered each other with love — often buying lavish gifts and even moving in with each other for a time. Sadly, I think they became too comfortable with one another and Vanessa got bored. According to reports and what I’ve heard from sources, she had a wandering eye while she was shooting her movie in Hawaii and completely wrecked her relationship with Zac. What a bummer!

That said, Zac and Vanessa were too young to be that serious anyway at that point. They didn’t need to run off and get married before they were even 25 — which is why I think it’s healthy they’ve spent the last year and a half seeing other people. However, at the end of the day, I want them to end up together. Not only are they an incredibly attractive pair, they GET each other.

I doubt it will happen any time soon, but in the next few years, as they start to settle down more and more, I hope Zac and Vanessa rekindle their romance and make it work this time around. After all, first loves only come around once.

Do YOU think Zac and Vanessa are meant for each other?

Watch: Vanessa Hudgens Talks Selena Gomez In Spring Breakers

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

More Zac:

1. Vanessa Hudgens Flaunting Austin Butler PDA To Make Zac Efron Jealous, Experts Say
  2. Zac Efron: Admits I Was In Love With Vanessa Hudgens
  3. Zac Efron Teaches You How To Unhook A Bra With One Hand

Sallie Blinka

Posted at 9:22 AM on August 16, 2014

Properly just considered i’d say howdy. Terrific web site Ian.

Ehlaine

Posted at 7:43 PM on July 29, 2014

They should get back together they are my favorite acters you guy make a great team

brittney malkowski

Posted at 2:55 PM on July 7, 2014

I think Vanessa and Zac should get back together. They are a cute couple. Vanessa is beautiful and some times I wish I was very lucky to a boyfriend just like Zac .so beautiful Vanessa should be very lucky to a boyfriend hot just like Zack. I think they a so nice and they should get back together but they broke up and I feel bad for them if they did but I wish they would get back together in real life. I think they should start dating again but I don’t think they will get back together Vanessa and Cache make a really cute couple she is lucky to have a boyfriend like him. I wish she could be like me. I know it’s been hard for them but they will get back together soon I voted ln it if they will get back together they will get back together I know because they are really cute together. If they don’t get back together I will cry.

jwiesha

Posted at 11:52 PM on July 6, 2014

Zac and Gabriella make a cute couple they should really get back together someday

Lesly Bonita

Posted at 2:10 AM on May 31, 2014

I think Vanessa and Zac should get back together. They do make a cute couple . Vanessa is beautiful and some times I wish I was Vanessa. Zac is very lucky to a girlfriend just like Vanessa .so beautiful Vanessa is she should be very lucky to have a boyfriend hot just like Zac.

reeve christine s. marcos

Posted at 9:14 AM on April 28, 2014

plsss kuya zac and ate vanessa hope you’ll be together again

Lesly Bonita

Posted at 12:23 AM on May 31, 2014

I. Hope the do get back together they are a cute couple

Lesly Bontia

Posted at 1:40 AM on June 1, 2014

Why did Vanessa even do this to Zac

Joy Jacob

Posted at 2:52 AM on March 18, 2014

Oh my! This is the best couple eva,they shud get bak 2getha

reeve christine s. marcos

Posted at 9:15 AM on April 28, 2014

yeah your right

cece babee

Posted at 11:28 AM on May 30, 2014

if they dont ima cry :'(

Lesly Bonita

Posted at 12:27 AM on May 31, 2014

You’re right they should get back to together . Who thinks they will get back together leave a reply ?yes or name

Diego

Posted at 1:36 AM on June 1, 2014

I think maybe.

Diego

Posted at 1:35 AM on June 1, 2014

They should get back together

Jess

Posted at 7:42 PM on March 15, 2014

Zac and Vanessa are the best couple in the world I hope they do get back together and stay together forever and I hope they get married in years to come zac you are the best actor in the world ever and so are you Vanessa you guys are the best actors in the world

christine phillips

Posted at 9:02 PM on March 4, 2014

I think ZacEfron andvanessa hudgensshould get back together because zacefron is hot and vanessa is beautiful.

reeve christine s. marcos

Posted at 9:17 AM on April 28, 2014

your right

Bryee

Posted at 5:57 PM on February 1, 2014

zac and nessa are great couples’…am not yet 19 am aready hoping 2have a relationship jst like theirs…those two love birds better iron out what
so ever is not right…zac&nessa my roll model.,happily ever after iz just an understatement for both love birds.

Oyekunle oluwatomisin ladybee

Posted at 4:27 PM on January 26, 2014

I wish vanessa nd zac 2 b 2geda…dey re rilli meant 4 each orda…dey rilli undastand demselves especially in hsm…

ehmteeh

Posted at 1:12 PM on June 5, 2014

they really should get back together. they are the cutest couples i’ve ever seen….:)

ehmteeh

Posted at 1:17 PM on June 5, 2014

maybe vanessa will come back to Zack. i kinda get this feeling that she still loves him. somewhere deep in her heart i know she still loves him, but she is just too scared or shy to show or admit it. she tells reporters that she is tired but she will come to him bcuz he is her first love as i heard…

Callie Mitchell

Posted at 7:55 PM on January 3, 2014

I think zac and vanessa was a great couple they should get back together.

Keyla Contreras

Posted at 5:59 PM on December 15, 2013

I think zac and Vanessa should get back together because they mâle a good couple.

Nicola Maria Barnes

Posted at 9:08 AM on December 9, 2013

I think venessa and zac will come back togather. They are practically MEANT to be with each other, they have this “connective match” between them…i realy do hope they get back togather soon, they make the perfect couple :)

Hannah kamara

Posted at 8:17 AM on March 20, 2014

I want they to be in love again and zac to forget about his girlfriend and Vanessa too to forget