'Gossip Girl' Couple: Blair & Dan Have No Passion, Expert Says

Tue, April 17, 2012 3:43pm EDT by 94 Comments
Gossip Girl Blair and Dan

GGFAN

Posted at 4:14 PM on April 18, 2012

I absolutely am rooting for chuck and Blair. She will have to go to him when she hears what chuck is dealing with. When Dan ad Blair start fighting I’m like yeah and then they get back together. What the heck!! I am not terriblely worried because Dan couldn’t hold on to Serena for a season what makes us think things with Blair will be any different?? Chair is forever!!!

Madison

Posted at 3:12 PM on April 18, 2012

Get a life, 76,000 hits Carla AKA Laurene.

jenkins

Posted at 11:34 AM on April 18, 2012

That Met steps scene was so stupid and childish. Chuck and Blair are by far better.

leigh

Posted at 11:32 AM on April 18, 2012

I don’t like Dair at all,perhaps the worst couple I’ve seen on tv in a very long time. I really want them to bring Chuck and Blair back along with Blair’s brain. The girl is so messed up and lost

kara

Posted at 11:29 AM on April 18, 2012

I don’t see much chemistry between Blair and Dan,either. I mean, they are just boring. Chuck and Blair were always interesting and intense, Ed and Leighton just are better actors together.

Mel

Posted at 11:27 AM on April 18, 2012

Ugh, Blair and Dan are so blah! Bring me some Chuck and Blair!

sara

Posted at 11:26 AM on April 18, 2012

Dan and Bliar have no chemistry they should be just friends they are boring togther as a couple

lexie

Posted at 11:26 AM on April 18, 2012

I tried Dan and Blair and they just don’t have chemistry. Like none. Chuck and Blair always had it.

lola

Posted at 10:57 AM on April 18, 2012

I love Chair! But I don’t thing they’re gonna get back together by the end of season 5, but it will definitely happens in season 6!

Elisha

Posted at 10:36 AM on April 18, 2012

Go check twitter and Facebook, my friends, people hate Dair and want Chuck and Blair back. Simple fact. Dair fans get over it,your couple is sinking the show

Meg

Posted at 10:31 AM on April 18, 2012

There’s a reason this is the lowest rated arc in the show’s history and it’s because these two don’t work romantically. They just don’t. Chuck and Blair do and have proven that through the years. I think fans being rude here to Nicole are fans who know DB is ending very soon. Grow up and quit being jerks, DB fans.

Guest

Posted at 11:53 AM on April 18, 2012

People don’t just watch GG for Chair. The show’s stories with everyone were better those seasons. There were OMG moments almost every episode. Now the OMGs are so predictable. That’s why ratings are low. I mean seriously Ivy Dickens story is a joke like how Serena has a GG uploader on her iPhone. And Dair fans being jerks? How about Chair fans bashing everything Dair? You all need to grow up. It’s a TV show not real life. I’m neither. I’m all for the book series. Serena and Blair being BFFs and not picking any guy.

Lexie

Posted at 10:16 AM on April 18, 2012

I agree Dan and Blair have no chemistry. DB fans can cheat and use as many fake names as they like but the audience tuning out says it all- thus couple is not interesting nor entertaining . Chuck and Blair (Leighton and Ed) have the best chemistry by far and it’s why the audience accepts them and they never feel forced

Amanda

Posted at 9:44 AM on April 18, 2012

Dan and Blair do have chemistry, and what more unlike Chuck, Dan respects Blair. The only chemistry Chuck and Blair have is the chemistry between Chucks face and the incoming slap from Blair.

Meg

Posted at 10:34 AM on April 18, 2012

Sure, that’s why Chuck and Blair ranked as one of the best couples of all time by entertainment weekly and Dan and Blair…oh, they’re not getting much from the press these days are they

Guest

Posted at 11:56 AM on April 18, 2012

Yeah because EW is so biased. They hate everything Gerard Butler is in and loves Twilight. Let’s listen to a poll done by them.

Guest

Posted at 9:33 AM on April 18, 2012

I think the presumption for Dan & Blair was if they were so great as bickering friends with reasonable banter, it could translate into romance. For me, it didnt. Sex & kissing felt awkward & out of place. I honestly had to look away because I as a viewer felt so awkward.

And this last episode only sealed any potential for me to like Dair off forever. “ohh look at us, we listen to radiohead, and host parties, intellectual this & that, we are a couple REALLY”. Why would Blair throw a party & NOT invite any of her REAL friends? I would be ashamed too if i was dating Humdrum, throwing parties in Brooklyn, drinking from jars, getting ice myself when paid staff is present.

This show is ridiculous. Thank God for Ed Westwick & his amazing acting skills. He STOLE the show last episode, and boom rating climbed up again. Coincidence?

Vanilla

Posted at 4:38 AM on April 18, 2012

Dair has no chemisty, and everyone knows it including their own fan base which is why they are such desperate bullies. This is why the show has tanked big time.

I sure hope Chair is endgame, we have been strung along for all 5 seasons. I think we’ve earned it. I think I can read what is going on, then Safran does another interview and throws me off, so IDK.

Much love to you Nicole!

Souhilan

Posted at 2:00 AM on April 18, 2012

“you have to decide what’s more important, keeping your pride and getting nothing or taking a risk and maybe having everything…” Dan’s words to Blair, someone remember this? Well i guess Blair is taking a risk with Dan cuz she knows she will have everything with him…

Liz

Posted at 1:59 AM on April 18, 2012

Dan and Blair should totally be endgame in the show. I used to ship Chuck and Blair, but that’s over now. They used to have so much chemistry.. but that’s totally gone now. Next to the fact that Dan is a very good guy, very intellectua (as is Blair) and caring and sincere. Those are qualities in guy you will not easily find back. He is also willing to do anything for Blair. They have grown during the show and the best relationships are usually from a friendship or a hate-love relationship…

Natasha

Posted at 1:54 AM on April 18, 2012

DAIR can overcome anything!!!!! Love them!!!

A

Posted at 10:35 PM on April 17, 2012

I sure hope so! They had an endless amount of passion which made Gossip Girl interesting to watch. I keep wishing something will go wrong with Blair and Dan too! This Dan phase has gone on too long and Blair needs to realize who she truly belongs with. Everybody else can see it but her. I know she is the only one who can say who she is happy with but she needs to figure out that everybody else is right!

Wendy

Posted at 8:23 PM on April 17, 2012

Thanks Nicole for all the support!

People bullying and threatening violence on this author over a tv show. Sad, sad, sad world! What you’re doing is REAL ABUSE! Grow up, Banners!

Dan & Blair have no romantic chemistry and they’re totally boring. ZZZZ.
Can’t wait for Chair to reunite for good to end this lame, contrived Dair crap.

Oh My

Posted at 6:58 PM on April 17, 2012

You do realize all these people are fictional right?? :/

Mel

Posted at 6:58 PM on April 17, 2012

abuse lovers are sick

who needs a good guy when you can get one that rapes & cuts you like chuck

Lexie

Posted at 10:18 AM on April 18, 2012

Chuck is not an abuser but it seems Dair fans are bullies who threaten journalist who are real people – that is whats really disgusting

Crystal

Posted at 6:29 PM on April 17, 2012

Thank you Nicole for being fearless when it comes to sticking up for Chuck and Blair. This was really fun to read. I don’t really get why Dair fans are mad. They have what they have always wanted and I hope that they are enjoying it like Chair fans always enjoy Chuck and Blair moments.

chris

Posted at 6:27 PM on April 17, 2012

4everchuck

Posted at 5:59 PM on April 17, 2012

Nicole thanks for this bit of fun,, you actually make watching GG bareable! As far as unprofessional I have seen other journalist aka Auseillo who only give spoiler to his beloved Ban fandom, when the last time I checked GG had other characters ! if thats not bias I dont know what is! Keep up the hard work with this fandom its hard to express your opinion when the bullies come out to play!

Everyone has a opinion , who Blair chooses it not inportant to me.