'Gossip Girl' Couple: Blair & Dan Have No Passion, Expert Says

Tue, April 17, 2012 3:43pm EDT by 94 Comments
Gossip Girl Blair and Dan

Bubba

Posted at 9:29 AM on June 28, 2012

I’m twelve years old and I auollsbteoy love the series! I’m trying to get into the TV series too. I really don’t understand the whole 16+ thing. I mean, you have free rights to read and believe whatever you want right? Then again, everybody has their own personal views.

page

Posted at 9:58 AM on April 23, 2012

The perfect couple added life to the dead show intact the only reason I still watch gossip gal

Suzanne

Posted at 10:20 PM on April 21, 2012

Can I just mention out how utterly ridiculous it is to hire someone to analyse a relationship based on a t.v show.
As a Dair shipper, call me bias, but this little article is going a little to far, its not normal.

This t.v show is at its final stages, let it all end naturally without the use of forced, fan-crazed, unhealthy views on relationships.

Dianimal

Posted at 8:16 AM on April 21, 2012

I disagree. I really enjoy the chemistry between the two actors playing Dan and Blair. After their first over-hyped get together was a disaster, they were finally able to overcome their inhibitions (with the help of a lot of alcohol) and the temperature turned scorching. I thought the actors handled that transition really well and the conversion of their previous personality friction into romantic sparks has become totally believable. Always found the Chuck and Blair connection to be very contrived and fuelled by some of the worst dialogue in the show’s history. Dan and Blair are cute and sparkly together. And each is such a counter-intuitive choice for the other that it ends up making perfect sense. It’s a rebellious act for each of them. Blair finally committing to Chuck, by comparison, would practically be an arranged marriage – it’s the expected, socially lateral move. Serena on the other hand would be a “catch” for Dan, but she’s a bland beauty and I can see why he would find her dull after a bit. I hope they don’t kill this romance off but give it a chance to develop further. It would also be interesting if Serena got driven by jealousy to scheming behavior – would perk up her character a bit. She comes to life a bit when you see her ruthless streak.

Morgan

Posted at 5:58 PM on April 18, 2012

This article is so much win. Thank goodness someone has finally pointed this out. Dan and Blair have absolutely no chemistry together. They feel so awkward and forced together, I literally close my eyes when they kiss. And I hate how pretty much every Dair fan in the comments says that Dan and Blair are both “intellectual”. Lol, more like unbearably pretentious.

The writers need to bring back Chuck and Blair. They brought sizzle and emotion to my screen. The fans have been asking and waiting for 3 seasons. (And you really shouldn’t be allowed to vote more than once, I think some bitter Dair fans are cheating)