Vanessa Hudgens Flaunting Austin Butler PDA To Make Zac Efron Jealous, Experts Say

Mon, April 16, 2012 8:00pm EDT by 46 Comments

Vanessa and Austin know how to PDA with a capital P! But has she really been trying to win Zac back all along? Experts weigh in!

There may be more going on behind Vanessa Hudgens and Austin Butler‘s PDA than what meets the eye.

After we heard that Zac Efron, 24, opened up to People magazine about his relationship with Vanessa, 23, we immediately thought he totally wants her back.

“We were in love,”Zac said.

But according to experts — two can play that game.

“You have to wonder also if she’s on purpose getting her photo taken with this new boyfriend,” Dr. Carole Lieberman, a celebrity psychologist, also tells HollywoodLife.com.

If Vanessa was so in love with Austin — they wouldn’t so public about it, one expert says.

“People who are really happy and in love don’t have to go flaunting it,” Dr. Gilda Carle, Today.com’s 30 Second Therapist and a relationship expert from drgilda.com, tells HollywoodLife.com.

Hmm! But if the two did decide they wanted to get back together — would it work out?

“Well they would have to be grown up, a lot more grown up than they are now,” Dr. Gilda tells us. “Anything is possible. People screw it up and they come back together again years later… but you have to give it time.”

Personally, I’d love to the two get back together! And I definitely think Vanessa has been trying to get Zac’s attention by publicly slobbering on Austin.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Vote and weigh in below.

– Nicole Karlis

More Zac Efron news:

1. Zac Calls Taylor Swift An ‘Angel’ In New Interview
  2. Zac Admits He Dropped A Condom At The ‘Lorax’ Premiere
  3. Zac & Taylor Swift Make Beautiful Music Together

Maria Tule

Posted at 1:17 PM on December 23, 2012

I think that Vanessa should just focus on her new relationship and forget her ex-boyfriend

daisy

Posted at 7:49 AM on October 24, 2012

Vanessa stay away from austin , you’ll be like Jessica Simpson spending too much to his guy…who is so broke and its only ruining your image. Be single, free, and stay beautiful and “save the best for last” zac might laughing on your back and not Jealous at all if you think so. Find a better guy. Good luck …luv yah!

madeline

Posted at 3:55 AM on September 3, 2012

uhg!!!!!! why wont Vanessa just get back together with Zac, they are a cute couple together, rather than austin :b he is soooo wrong for her… Zac is better for Vanessa, Definitely !!!

Danny

Posted at 4:43 PM on August 24, 2012

So, she’s doing everything wrong.
She has to concentrate more on the job as well as he does!
And see how it goes!

Emma

Posted at 8:35 PM on August 11, 2012

I love Vanessa to pieces but Austin is so wrong for her. He has no career what so ever (he was an extra on Hannah Montana. WOW!) Zac has so much more to give and he’s just way better. Zac kept her grounded but she’s just out of control! Austin is no Zac ¬¬
Vanessa’s image has tumbled also, she used to get praise in the magazines I read, now its just critisism :( Zanessa for ever!

Rebecca

Posted at 11:00 PM on August 14, 2012

i totally agree

Nicole

Posted at 8:17 AM on July 9, 2012

I think Vanessa Hudgens should focus more on her career and less on her ex-boyfriend.

Georgia

Posted at 3:04 PM on April 22, 2012

What happened to Zac and Alix Van Aernam that was true man love mo more ninjas running or late night booze fests and pictures for Perez Hilton?

Georgia

Posted at 3:03 PM on April 22, 2012

Maybe Austins good in bed and she likes hitting that and is warming up with foreplay because Zac likes boys more!

PeterJustin

Posted at 2:25 PM on April 19, 2012

My Mom Said.you are Peters favorite Girl.My Grandmother Said Oh That is your GirlFriend
I Saw your Movie of Beastly.I am Makeing My own HomeMade Movie. Can you Be in my Movie Please

em

Posted at 12:09 PM on April 19, 2012

Austin and Vanessa are honestly a joke. I love Vanessa, I adore her, but there is no way you can tell me this relationship is real. With Josh, as hearbreaking as a Zanessa fan for me as it was, I was atleast capable of believing there was something sincere happening between them. And i shut up. But I cannot buy into this idea and it’s disappointing because it’s just so blantly fake and contrived. There is a new video of them at an italian restaurant and she is giving him money to pay for the valet, for his car! And there are pictures of her some other time paying for their lunch. And it’s reported that she pays for alot of their expenses as a couple. Which is pathetic. I’m sorry, but I just hope they end, for her wellbeing and her bank account’s sake. Not to mention she’s ruining her image with this guy because everyone is just calling her a famewhore. Which is horrible but no one can deny it.

abbie

Posted at 5:10 PM on April 20, 2012

AGREED. I run a Zanessa tumblr and even I’ve called her out on it. Sadly, some of her other hardcore crazies refuse to believe Vanessa would do this stuff. She would, she DOES, and Zac does too (hello Lily Collins on Valentines day). It happens in hollywood all time time but some fans refuse to believe it. She’s slowly losing my respect.

tina

Posted at 11:01 PM on April 17, 2012

The only bf I had that didn’t want to kiss and hold hands recently sent me a picture of him, his male “roommate” and their dogs. js

koki

Posted at 8:12 PM on April 17, 2012

oh my gosh they were so cute together i wish they could get back again

Holly

Posted at 1:45 PM on November 18, 2012

Me too Zanessa was the cutest couple when i was a kid and i wish they would get back together Austin Butler is so not good for you Vanessa and you know that.

Megan

Posted at 3:08 PM on April 17, 2012

I don’t think Vanessa is doing the PDA to get Zac back. I mean it’s been a yr and a half since they split. But I do think she’s doing it to try and prove something. I can’t read their minds so I don’t know what’s motivating her and the new BF.

Maggie

Posted at 1:18 PM on April 17, 2012

Oh come on! Even if EVERYBODY sees vanessa is doing this for PR purpose, even i don’t think she would do that for months and months just to get zac back. How desperate and dumb must you be. So no! And no matter what i think of her rn (and that’s NOTHING positive), I still hope and think she has more pride then to try to win somebody back with such a tour, who maybe wouldn’t even want you back. There would be other ways. But she should learn, that this PDA sh*t should stop, bc IF they are really in love, NOBODY really believes it! Sad story….

Melanie

Posted at 9:34 AM on April 17, 2012

Austin isn’t attractive, only thing I find sexy about is his body. Something about his face bothers the f-ck out of me.

Stacey

Posted at 2:12 AM on April 17, 2012

I’m not a big fan of either of these people, but after reading the crazy headline I had to comment.
1. She seems to have moved on. Maybe he has too. I’m sure he has. It’s not like they broke up a month ago. It’s been awhile.
2. Can’t she kiss, hold hands, or hug her boyfriend?
It doesn’t look like she’s trying to “get back” at Zac. Looks to me like she’s happy, and in love with this other guy.
I think if she was trying to “get back” at Zac she would be at his movie priemeres, or wherever he’s at doing the whole PDA thing. That way he can see it.

Sorry HWL… I think she’s just relaxing with her BF.

Koki

Posted at 8:11 AM on May 13, 2012

You’re right Stacey I Feel Like She Love Austin Maybe She Love Zac But I Think She’s Happy With Austin

Charlie

Posted at 12:04 AM on April 17, 2012

They were so cute together!!!

Yunie drew

Posted at 11:14 PM on April 16, 2012

Woww.. Zac efron jealous .

Skye

Posted at 10:43 PM on April 16, 2012

Oh thank the lord. Someone understands!!

Jen

Posted at 9:53 PM on April 16, 2012

When will girls stop thinking that guys think like them? That doesn’t make a guy jealous.

That makes a guy want to stay as far away from you as he can.

Unbelievable…the sheer stupidity.

Megan

Posted at 3:10 PM on April 17, 2012

I agree.

Molls

Posted at 8:47 PM on April 16, 2012

Oh, how many girlfriends I have who did exactly what Vanessa is doing. But most guys figures this out and retaliate in their own way. This game can be played by two. So don’t be surprised if Zac picks a “high profile” someone that he hopes Vanessa will think is better than her. And he will have his PR “leak” info asking the question “Is Zac Efron Dating Miss Rose Blossom?” And after the article spreads like wildfire over the internet, his PR (someone close to both Zac and Rose Blossom) will make a comment that he and Rose Blossom are “just friends.” It’s getting the rumor started that’s important. Just wait. It will happen.

Shay

Posted at 7:39 PM on April 16, 2012

Only going to say one thing here…seems like everytime the paps catch Austin and V making out, the two of them KNOW they are there. And the last kiss we got of her and Zac? In a lobby in Hawaii clearly unaware they were being watched. Just saying…

Mmmm....

Posted at 7:32 PM on April 16, 2012

mmmmm…. i belive this crap like he wants her back..!!!

Taylor

Posted at 7:18 PM on April 16, 2012

Yesss! The truth has finally come out!!!!

nana

Posted at 6:28 PM on April 16, 2012

LOL TBH I’ve never read so much shiiit together!
Leave Vanessa alone, she is happy and Zac too. Stop trrying to get hits guys.
The only persons who are going to belive this are the obsessed zanessa fans, usually 12 years olds. So stop!

amanda

Posted at 6:36 PM on April 16, 2012

Hey chick shut up! Anythings possible you know! Zanessa for life

zanessalost

Posted at 6:44 PM on April 16, 2012

I too am a dreamer I loved their relationship they looked so in love well time will tell zanessa forever well the memories that is:( peace out

Brittany

Posted at 9:53 PM on April 16, 2012

Yes, you are so right! I think Zanessa was a cute couple, I was a HUGE fan, but it’s been over a year. I think Vanessa looks happy with Austin and everytime I see a picture of them hugging or kissing, I smile because it’s so cute and they look so happy.